List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
Is Kade Del Rue on the radar , he’s one I like with good decision making and ball use ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah, definitely should be in consideration at the 30s picks as you said good decision maker and skills.

I personally feel from pick 19 on the draft is a bit more speculative and there are players with deficiencies, so it's more about getting someone we feel that will have an AFL career over anything else. Where last year there was still plenty of great picks through the 20s and 30s.

My knock on both Clay Hall and Tholstrup is essentially #whatsthepoint.

It's going to sound harsh, so pardon the intrusion and come in peace with me for just for a moment.

Hall is the definition of a vanilla sandwich. He runs around collecting the pill like nobody's business, but turns it over with shit/lazy skill and you sit back at the end of the day with his 30 disposals and 7 tackles and think... "Did this Kent actually impact the game positively for his team or what?"

Tholstrup is just another Clem Smith enforcer idiot Paddy Mcginnity lite with a skullet who's going to play what role at AFL level? Mid? Can't get enough of it. Medium forward? Lel. If you're going to take a punt on a talented medium forward you need one with good/freakish skills at least. Tholstrop don't get those, he's just a nothing pick IMO, I'm really not sure why he's rated so highly.

If you need a bit of mongrel and you're in need of someone like Tholstrup to tag an oppo half back or something, that's fine.. pick them up later in the draft or as a rookie. Not with a high second rounder like 19.

Plenty of talented players will still be on the board to kickoff night 2. Caleb Windsor, Harry Demattia, Mitch Edwards for example. I'd rather we added a couple more of those first before bringing in Tholstrup/Hall types later.

I'm always dubious about kids who come out in the media and say they won't travel, or will so, but will ask to be traded back home.

It says a lot about their character, or lack of. John Hutton did it. Clancy Rudeboy did it. bother ended in tears.

Collard is a late second rounder at best and thinks he can call shots. Massive red flag.

Mate there are some in here that are too scared to pick Victorians, Tasmanians, and now your saying limit the WA Talent pool?

If they're good enough and at the right spot, pick them. This is no different to many 1,000 victorian kids who head into interviews with the same message. I am going to miss mummy.

Him along with Reid would certainly bring some entertainment no shortage of confidence between those two.

I thought Tholstrup was the FIG Kid? And is he no chance at him sliding to 19?

Clem Smith, there’s a player I hadn’t thought of in a while.

On the other hand if we'd kept 40 we might not have drafted Noah Long, so one could say we're already ahead on the deal.
Yeah, who knows how things will turn out, Noah Long is definitely a beauty and a keeper. We had a win there.

Should still try and get the best deal in trades though and the Rioli deal at face value was a poor one.
He is a clear best 22 player in a top four side, so his value should have been more than a second round pick upgrade and a low third round pick.

We got done over by f**ing Port yet again. We always seem to roll over with them.

This in part is the point. anything from pick 20 onwards if you get a 50/50 success rate you're doing very well. Hence why i'd like to double up and this is the year in regards to KPP who have some elite traits but also a few question marks.
Cadman kicked 34 goals last year at 18s level and Weatherill has kick 31. Different players for sure but Cadman went pick one and Ryley hasn’t even been spoken about in here.
195cm key forward with 30 goals to his name. December birthday to so will still be 17 at the draft.

Logan Morris with 30 goals too. He is listed as 191cm so probably more a tweener but can play, will be interesting to see if he has added a few cm by draft combine time. If he gets up to 194cm…..

People are way too harsh on Tholstrup imo, I think he has a much higher floor than most draft prospects in the 10-30 range, I don’t see a world in where he doesn’t become a solid best 22 guy. We could also badly use someone with the level of intensity he plays at, he has solid goal sense, is a big body (188CM, 80KG already) too.

Think we’ve really missed someone who applies constant pressure and I do believe he’ll be playable in midfield within a couple of seasons.

Type of guy the other players will love, fans will love and the opposition will hate playing against, we could do with one of them.

Foley gone

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not a huge surprise.

He had the opportunities abeit in a poor side getting flogged most weeks.

He showed a bit here and there and definately the courage to play. Just a level under AFL standard.

Feel for any kid having to prove themselves with us over the past 4 years but list cuts are a part of football.

Hope he goes on and finds success.

Cadman kicked 34 goals last year at 18s level and Weatherill has kick 31. Different players for sure but Cadman went pick one and Ryley hasn’t even been spoken about in here.
195cm key forward with 30 goals to his name. December birthday to so will still be 17 at the draft.

Logan Morris with 30 goals too. He is listed as 191cm so probably more a tweener but can play, will be interesting to see if he has added a few cm by draft combine time. If he gets up to 194cm…..

Weatherill is an interesting one. I have him outside the top 30 but as you said he is going completely unmentioned. Remember I also have a role and obviously won't be commenting on certain players for specific reasons. I also had Cadman nowhere near pick 1 on talent. Significantly better all round game than Jefferson but his goal kicking was a real turn off for me.

Morris on the other hand I think is going to be a tweener and already being 90kg it's a lot less likely to see growth in the more physically developed guys. Not on my list at all but I can see why he would be by some.

With so much tall talent coming in the dogs have to lose someone. I hope the club is in the ears of Busslinger and his manager and is pushing hard for him to come home next year. Would solve a lot of problems. Been very happy with his progress in the VFL this year.

Mate there are some in here that are too scared to pick Victorians, Tasmanians, and now your saying limit the WA Talent pool?

If they're good enough and at the right spot, pick them. This is no different to many 1,000 victorian kids who head into interviews with the same message. I am going to miss mummy.

I thought Tholstrup was the FIG Kid? And is he no chance at him sliding to 19?
I don’t know how far he slides but personally wouldn’t use pick 19 on him for me he’s a little vanilla, I don’t see any real stand out traits maybe his decision making?

He’s a good young footballer don’t get me wrong but I don’t see elite speed or skills ect. I think if he was there at a later pick then yeah he might be a good option.

People are way too harsh on Tholstrup imo, I think he has a much higher floor than most draft prospects in the 10-30 range, I don’t see a world in where he doesn’t become a solid best 22 guy. We could also badly use someone with the level of intensity he plays at, he has solid goal sense, is a big body (188CM, 80KG already) too.

Think we’ve really missed someone who applies constant pressure and I do believe he’ll be playable in midfield within a couple of seasons.

Type of guy the other players will love, fans will love and the opposition will hate playing against, we could do with one of them.

Our pick 19 will get us the 26th ranked player in the draft.

It would be a huge slide if Tholstrup was still there.

Another who has had injuries hamper his year. Lower back issue kept him out of early championship games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weatherill is an interesting one. I have him outside the top 30 but as you said he is going completely unmentioned. Remember I also have a role and obviously won't be commenting on certain players for specific reasons. I also had Cadman nowhere near pick 1 on talent. Significantly better all round game than Jefferson but his goal kicking was a real turn off for me.

Morris on the other hand I think is going to be a tweener and already being 90kg it's a lot less likely to see growth in the more physically developed guys. Not on my list at all but I can see why he would be by some.

With so much tall talent coming in the dogs have to lose someone. I hope the club is in the ears of Busslinger and his manager and is pushing hard for him to come home next year. Would solve a lot of problems. Been very happy with his progress in the VFL this year.

Yeah I agree regarding Busslinger, hasn’t signed a contract extension yet, I expect he probably will and that he’ll play a lot next season, but I hope we’re in his ear just in case.

Would be a great long term Gov replacement.

Our pick 19 will get us the 26th ranked player in the draft.

It would be a huge slide if Tholstrup was still there.

Another who has had injuries hamper his year. Lower back issue kept him out of early championship games.

Yeah I actually think he goes before our pick anyway, teams will take a chance on someone that size who plays with that intensity and can kick goals / has midfield potential, he’ll be a cult figure wherever he goes.

Shocked at least 15 people it seems 😂
View attachment 1799998

I mean setting aside whether he should or shouldn’t have been retained, it was pretty clear he was potentially being delisted

Pretty well documented in the press which players were out of contract

It shouldn’t have been a surprise

I can't even picture what Foley looks like.

Was always going to be delisted.

He was unquestionably the hardest player to pick out when watching training sessions. There was more than one session when I wasn’t sure he was training or forgot to look for him

Initial thoughts were that I thought the lad had talent and could have been a bit like Brandon Ellis.

But noticed he's had 5 years with us already, which surprised me - so can understand the decision.

Be interesting to see who else gets the lemon and sars - but there'd be a few ahead of him for delisting i would have thought. (but don't know the contract status)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back