List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
Flynn would actually be a very good pickup.

Not sure if many people have seen him play, used to watch him every week for SC purposes and he's decent. Not a world beater or A grader, but he has a crack and gets involved, as his stats show this.

Might be the same height as Bailey but a totally different player. Williams is an athletic beast with a big jump. Flynn is a crash bash lump of a lad.

It'd be a good 1-2 punch combo with Flynn wearing down the oppo ruck and tagging in a fresh Bailey.

To get him potentially for free other than salary is another Hunt style moneyball no brainer. Would instantly be the 2nd best ruck on our list if not the best.

I like it.

Can someone in the known answer this?

Why can't every club have 1 NGA pick per draft that can be matched at any pick?

Seems logical to me

Most people would have said the same thing about Petch as a mid.

He'll go well as a KPD...Expect to see some bulk added next pre-season.
Happy to be proven wrong.

There's a first time for everything, right?

Sweet isn't untested. He's just not good. It's like how everyone thought Meek was stuck behind Darcy.
Just plods out wins a few hitouts and not much else. Would still not get a game at any AFL club besides maybe Port(a cooked Lycett is still better) and Sydney (losing Hickey and refusing to play Ladhams).

They're both better than nothing, not good enough to be best 22 role players but a step above de-listing.
My doggies mate, reckons he's very slow and cumbersome. So well suited at VFL level, AFL might be a big step up to even become average ruck.

Not sure if many people have seen him play, used to watch him every week for SC purposes and he's decent. Not a world beater or A grader, but he has a crack and gets involved, as his stats show this.

Might be the same height as Bailey but a totally different player. Williams is an athletic beast with a big jump. Flynn is a crash bash lump of a lad.

It'd be a good 1-2 punch combo with Flynn wearing down the oppo ruck and tagging in a fresh Bailey.

To get him potentially for free other than salary is another Hunt style moneyball no brainer. Would instantly be the 2nd best ruck on our list if not the best.

I like it. Unlike our other 2 depth rucks I reckon he would absolutely chop for the Beagles as well.
Am I thinking of the right guy, could take some really nice contested grabs around the ground? I'm sure it was Flynn.

Can someone in the known answer this?

Why can't every club have 1 NGA pick per draft that can be matched at any pick?

Seems logical to me
Because clubs at the top will get an equivalent of roughly a top 10 pick, year after year, making them hard to dislodge at the top. We have to accept that expanding markets get advantages. You can't tell me if GCS pick up Walter, Read, and Rogers, and they go on and win a flag with a few local boys, it won't do a lot for footy on the Goldie.

I like it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obv we won't get Boak but I think he'd be valuable to a young midfield coming through for 1-2 years.

Still playing good footy.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not at west coast.

will be 36 next year and was starting to play on managed minutes at the end there.

Would make zero sense we gave him a contract considering who's retired.

I hope we don't start looking at other team reject players. You are all talking about bringing in failures or older players from other teams. This needs to be a full reset, dont bring players that maybe around for 2 years. Unless they will be at the club for possibly 10 years forget them we already have enough older players that can mentor the younger players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back