List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster****
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
Wonder how long they give Jamieson to develop given they are so despo for a ruck

I think the reason we’re keen on a ruck, and were prepared to keep Vardy, is to allow time for Jamieson to develop

There’s not much available in terms of rucks on the market atm.

We’d be better suited keeping a spot for the PSD or rookie draft and picking up a stopgap for a year or two. Someone like Keegan Brooksby... and no I’m not suggesting we pick him up again but I don’t see who’s worth trading for that

A) we can get
B) we can afford
C) is ready to step in and play seniors

Pick the best of the worst in the twos around the country and be done with it.

I think the reason we’re keen on a ruck, and were prepared to keep Vardy, is to allow time for Jamieson to develop

They had better return him to the ruck instead of the back line in 2022, then. All other WAFL clubs must have rucks already, so it's possibly going to be difficult to just shoehorn him into that position and someone else gets pushed aside.

Freo doing quite well in the trade game, whilst we are sitting on our asses doing jack shit. Focusing our attention on two players who don't really fit the bill for what we really need. More time to come but we need to be proactive and improve our draft hand this year.

Also what's with the wait for Hurn and Kennedy? the more time passes it seems like they won't be coming back.

·
12s

Plenty of trades to drop today. I understand the three-way trade (Petrevski Seton for West Coast's pick 52, Blues hand pick 52 to the Dogs for Lewis Young) is being thrashed out as we speak. Seems as simple as that. Win-win & the Dogs get more picks/points
https://t.co/Zd4Sfp1368?amp=1

We’d be better suited keeping a spot for the PSD or rookie draft and picking up a stopgap for a year or two. Someone like Keegan Brooksby... and no I’m not suggesting we pick him up again but I don’t see who’s worth trading for that

A) we can get
B) we can afford

Agree only one half decent ruck in this cohort and thats the Geelong Falcons Toby Conway. 204 cm and 100 kg he is the cousin of the McCartin brothers.

download-11.jpg

Who I doubt we take with any of our current first three picks 10, 29 and 35 and he won't be there with pick 68, so if we DID want him we would need to pull the pin with pick 35 as the picks stand currently.

If we took him at 35 I wouldn't be unhappy with that selection, but I think we would prefer someone closer to being able to play immediately if needed.

So failing that we take someone like him.

:arrowdown:

download-9.jpg

Edit: Broadbent in next years cohort looks like a real good ruck prospect.

Last edited:
Geez the ruck situation isn't looking great. If we do somehow manage to land one then our very slim pickings are out of Ladhams, Meek, Fort which all seem completely unlikely. Hopefully we end up looking in our back yard at Strnadica

Freo doing quite well in the trade game, whilst we are sitting on our asses doing jack sh*t. Focusing our attention on two players who don't really fit the bill for what we really need. More time to come but we need to be proactive and improve our draft hand this year.

Also what's with the wait for Hurn and Kennedy? the more time passes it seems like they won't be coming back.

What do we really need in your opinion?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A) we can get
B) we can afford

I know it’s hard to spell but… Strnadica. He’s right here under our noses and will cost a bag of chips.

Freo doing quite well in the trade game, whilst we are sitting on our asses doing jack sh*t. Focusing our attention on two players who don't really fit the bill for what we really need. More time to come but we need to be proactive and improve our draft hand this year.

getting Brodie is nothing to be excited about and they haven’t landed Clarke yet, and lost cerra for pick 6 and a pick in the 40s.

With eagles salary cap as it is, to secure SPS for nothing, ready to play with 100 games experience is a win. SPP for a pick >30s would also be a win for the same reason. Hard to grab a ruck without spending money. We couldn’t afford ladhams if we wanted so who’s left at bargain basement price? It’s basically mason Cox to pinch hit for 1-2 years or someone who has never played a game. May as well just start playing Jamie’s on as a ruck and end the CHB experiment. For what we’ve to work with (money and draft picks) we are doing well

Geez the ruck situation isn't looking great. If we do somehow manage to land one then our very slim pickings are out of Ladhams, Meek, Fort which all seem completely unlikely. Hopefully we end up looking in our back yard at Strnadica

Almost feels like a lifetime ago when we had both Cox and Naitanui...hell...it feels like a lifetime ago that we had NN, Hickey and Vardy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back