List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster****
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
I've said it before - clubs no longer playing should be able to start trading as soon as their final game has completed with an end date of a fortnight after the GF.

Clubs should be able to lean over the fence at the GF and shout "hey Bont, you're down by 60 points in the last quarter. Time to leave those losers behind and stay in Perth."

Honestly it should be a month minimum, its primary purpose should be enabling players to change employers like just about everyone else in society can do freely. The entertainment aspect of it should be secondary and a byproduct, not the driving force dictating how the whole thing is run.

Now excuse me while I relisten to today’s ten hours of trade radio.

It kinda is already a month in that most of the deals done in the next week or so will have been set in motion well before now. DS is right that the actual window to complete trades only needs to be 5 days, extending it beyond that only prolongs the dick measuring and the big trades will still hold up smaller trades until the deadline when it’s all rushed

But the AFL love their media exposure too much and their media hangers on live the advertising $$ while mugs desperate for news listen to boofheads he can’t even be ****ed researching basic info like who captains a club

I literally hate this time of year where young blokes livelihoods are discussed like some sort of trading card game without any respect to how for some of them careers are literally on the line

They want a first rounder for Ladhams so i cant see them letting him go cheap.

From an article in the Adelaide Advertiser

And while Port Adelaide are happy to keep him, the Power could be happy to part with Powell-Pepper if they get an adequate return.

He took leave from the club on the eve of the 2021 season, to focus on his well being after he missed a mandatory rehab training session and club officials were left knocking on his door trying to track him down.

It’s the bold that worries me. If they’re asking for a 1st rounder for a 3rd string ruck then they’ll likely be asking for our 29 for SPP which is getting into too costly areas given the second paragraph

Last edited:
Rotham re-signs, future 250 gamer rock, heard it here first

He’s going to have to get a wriggle on then. Turns 24 in February with 33 career games so hed be 33/34 by the time he gets to 250 assuming no injuries and some finals appearances along the way

No Arthur Jones it appears as an NGA prospect.... seems like a bit of a shambles on our part?

On the face of it, this is absolutely amateurish. Can’t recall hearing of another club botching an NGA prospect by failing to lodge the paperwork. Maybe there were extenuating circumstances. Hopefully someone gets to the bottom of it and makes sure there are no repeats in future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the face of it, this is absolutely amateurish. Can’t recall hearing of another club botching an NGA prospect by failing to lodge the paperwork.

Think Freo failed to nominate Franky Watson.

On the face of it, this is absolutely amateurish. Can’t recall hearing of another club botching an NGA prospect by failing to lodge the paperwork. Maybe there were extenuating circumstances. Hopefully someone gets to the bottom of it and makes sure there are no repeats in future.
I think we actually botched the paperwork that would have seen Neil Erasmus aligned to us as an NGA player given he was born in South Africa.

Pretty sure on a podcast with Nat Edwards and Cal Twomey he mentioned something about his parents getting the emails about the Academy but neither party (WCE or the Erasmuses) followed up in great detail even though he is a West Coast fan.

Club tried again late to get access under NGA rules but by the time it was clear he was so highly rated it was overruled by the VFL.

No Arthur Jones it appears as an NGA prospect.... seems like a bit of a shambles on our part?

So we missed out on Jones and Erasmus as NGA prospects! WTF was meant to be doing this job?

I understand Erasmus will go earlier but the Pieman needs to get some strength of personnel and some processes in place because we are looking amateurish.

From an article in the Adelaide Advertiser

It’s the bold that worries me. If they’re asking for a 1st rounder for a 3rd string ruck then they’ll likely be asking for our 29 for SPP which is getting into too costly areas given the second paragraph
Especially when ladhams has a heavly back ended last year to run on his contract and have asked him to look elsewhere .

Its a salary dump plain and simple but they want an awesome pick for the privilege of getting him off their list.

Recon we should steer clear of dealing with Port. They have a reputation for being massive campaigners at the trade table. Just leave SPP until he is out of contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back