List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster****
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
I feel like this board will explode if Neil Erasmus somehow ends up available at our pick, whether or not we actually pick him notwithstanding.

If we are to take him and # 10.
Then I accept that he is a good choice ( even if we take him ahead of MJ).
The thing with Erasmus is the unknowns associated with him, as two things have conspired against him this year:

1: The lack of Champions due to Covid.
2: Injuries

The combination of which have deprived us all of full exposure to his games.

If the Clubs intel and assessment of him is that they rate him best available and suitable for our pick we have to accept that.

It’s frustrating that the best of this years national cohort haven’t been able to play against each other, to better be able to compare talent.

Not the Nationals, but case in point was the Colts Grand Final whereby we got to see in the second half - Bazzo play on JVR. You would think that Bazzo’s draft stocks increased with his good job containing JVR in the second half.

With out having been able to compare the best from each state against each other its a much more speculative process this year of ranking the cohort.

For argument sake had WA played Vic M and Erasmus pantsed Ward, Hobbs and Callaghan then his stocks would have been much higher.
You just can’t equate Erasmus’s PSA forms high productivity against - let’s says against Hobbs NAB Comp production.

I do sympathise with this years cohort as they have effectively been deprived of two full seasons to have shown and developed their talent.

Last edited:
Whats the knock on Brander?

Would have thought you guys would be keen to retain young talls with McGovern and Kennedy getting on?

Many posters on here, including myself, would prefer we kept Brander.

However, it seems that he and the club have become frustrated at his inability to nail down a set role/position which the prevailing view here is due to him being mismanaged. Unfortunately, during his time here there’s always been others ahead of him in whatever role he’s been tried in and the club has got itself dizzy trying to invent a spot for him

For his part I think Brander lacks aggression/competitiveness which holds him back from maximising his skill set which is comfortably best 22. I watched him kick 4 goals in a half during a matchsim in his 2nd preseason matched up against the likes of Schofield and Barrass. Then he got injured which prior to this season has also been an issue for him - untimely injuries

Developed properly and with a better mindset to attack the contest with more ferocity he can be a more than capable footballer. I don’t blame him for looking elsewhere but have posted earlier I’m quietly hoping he stays

Ooo, and if there's a genuine chance of getting SPP for a pick in the 40's or 50's (or have I misread that?) then yes please, all over that sh*t.

If Port are getting rid of him at that price it's sounds like their fed up so we can leverage that in contract negotiation as well.
No No No

Already preparing to go full postal after all the Erasmus talk the past few pages; whether we pick him, he's available at our pick and we don't pick him, or he's taken earlier and we didn't trade up the draft order to pick him.

Regardless, it'll be all about Folding the Woosha on draft night.

Already preparing to go full postal after all the Erasmus talk the past few pages; whether we pick him, he's available at our pick and we don't pick him, or he's taken earlier and we didn't trade up the draft order to pick him.

Regardless, it'll be all about Folding the Woosha on draft night.

You just know it'll be some clean cut private school half back flanker none of us have ever heard of.

Last edited:
Long answer - Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss?
sim-yes-man.jpg

You just know it'll be some clean cut private school half back flanker none of use have ever heard of.

And he alone will be to blame for our club's woes for the next decade.

You just know it'll be some clean cut private school half back flanker none of use have ever heard of.

Paging Josh Sinn ... paging Josh Sinn please report immediately to the West Coast drafting desk. 😉

Ooo, and if there's a genuine chance of getting SPP for a pick in the 40's or 50's (or have I misread that?) then yes please, all over that sh*t.

If Port are getting rid of him at that price it's sounds like their fed up so we can leverage that in contract negotiation as well.

I think you've misread. SPS is the one we're reportedly offering pick 52 for.

I haven't seen any reports on what SPP would cost, only that we may be interested

Why not why not why not?
SPP comes with risks no doubt, but if it's a dump from Port Adelaide and they just want him off the books, then it's worth the risk. The pick we would give up would find themselves delisted within 3-4 years about two thirds of the time anyway... In this case we can leverage the lifeline been given him in contract negotiation - reduced salary, sent to the WAFL if there's trouble etc etc. Obviously in this situation, when a club just wants a player off the books there are reasons for that, and we should be do our due diligence, particularly making sure there is nothing pending or lurking in the background that could come back and sting us.

If I've misread and it's a proper trade, where Port would want fair value which is something around the mid teens (IMO) then nah just let it be.

On a different note, whatever happened to Tom Lamb? Is he still playing somewhere?

Played a year of VFL at Sandringham then went back to his local club, I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you've misread. SPS is the one we're reportedly offering pick 52 for.

I haven't seen any reports on what SPP would cost, only that we may be interested
Fair enough. See how it plays it out. Woken up to torrential rain at 5am and sleepily scanning through various footy sites.

I thought it was a going to be pretty boring trade period for us, just collecting a (hopefully) slightly better than mid range for Brander.

Certainly spiced up a bit for us.

How good is trade week fortnight though?

Don't miss a minute of the action, such as

• Trade speculation.
  • 2 plebs talking about a clubs list.
  • More trade speculation.
  • A late pick swap.
  • What MIGHT happen.
  • And don't forget.... ADVERTS.
Do you actually watch that shit?
I come to WC big footy for my off season entertainment needs, that poster this morning from Mars was an absolute cracker, shame it got deleted, entertainment plus!

????, what are you talking about?

My deepest apologies, I’ve gotten you confused with someone else with 17 in the user name.

That’s deeply embarrassing:(

Would Johnny Sinn be the worst pick in the world? I don't want him, before anyone goes Reeeeeeee.

But he supposedly has one of the best legs (better than Langdons) in the whole draft, if not the best.

A real playmaker, line breaker, heart breaker, show stoppper, bank robber. Ash Smith eat your heart out type operator.

Doesn't address our contested ball or the fact our midfield has been toilet for a long while, but he also brings something we lack. Attacking flare.

Guess i'm just getting used to the idea now so it hurts less later on.

Jeff Goldblum.gif

I see SPP as a signficantly better option. More hardness at stoppages is just the ticket.
Don't see how or why we do both SPP & SPS though
Has not been at AFL standard with fitness and attitude is questionable. WC won’t go there with family friendly public image.

Is there a chance Freo get the Cerra deal done first (pick 6 + change) and then try to split their own pick 8 to get a late first rounder and another few later picks to appease the Cats for Clark?

They might be after Brisbane’s pick 18 too in that scenario.

Geelong wanting pick 8 for Clarke is laughable!!
They remind me of the cheap skate Indians who will barter you down like crazy when buying, but if they are selling it’s worth the world!!

Fingers crossed Freo are smart enough to walk away from this.
The dick eaters will be left with a underperforming player and a average draft hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back