List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster****
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
Didn't he immediately donate the $5k to a charity? Sorry to poop on all the contract jokes...

Yes but I believe that charity was something called “The Human Fund”, and it has the slogan “Money for People”

Hopefully with all this offseason change we can delist the club Chaplin. It’s extremely Embarrassing we have one.
The club chaplain is highly unlikely to be paid from the club, it is probably a volunteer role as part of whatever church they are from.

I am not religious but many people are. I don't begrudge them from having spiritual support. I don't see how it is much different from a club psychologist.

The club chaplain is highly unlikely to be paid from the club, it is probably a volunteer role as part of whatever church they are from.

I am not religious but many people are. I don't begrudge them from having spiritual support. I don't see how it is much different from a club psychologist.

Agree, it would without question be an unpaid position.

The Amazon series Making Their Mark that followed the 2020 season highlighted that the club had a sizable group that regularly had sessions together with the club Chaplin. Focus was given within an episode to Naitanui, Allen and Duggan as "leaders" of that group.

Each to their own really. I personally would have no use for it, but the club is providing a service that assists in managing members of the playing group at no additional cost.

Can confirm the Eagles have no salary cap issues, no different to other clubs right now, we have some money aside for a recruit or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just need to check I havent been in a coma. Is it 2025 already? :eek::oops:

Yes it is,

So now you have read on BF that it is 2025 in your mind it is ok.

I don't see how it is much different from a club psychologist.
I would like to think the players had access to a club psychologist as well, otherwise if WC are only providing a chaplain then I 100% agree they should be scrapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back