List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2022 superstar edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players -

Not sold on that one bit. Simmo gets what he wants all the time, even if what he wants is dumb. Ill believe this one when I see it
So you're saying Simmo wants Ramsden? Can't see why, as assume he wants a ruck for the now not the future. Ramsden atleast 2 years away from playing, needs to develop his body.

I think you're underestimating how good Clark is.
If west can clean up his disposal he's a good chance at being on our list long term. If not then yeah he's probably depth for a couple of years until the youth comes through.
The fact he went undrafted for so many years and then we were the only team interested last year tells me different.

Or he is better than our non -existant youth and our injured geriatrics isn't a glowing endorsement

West - is a maginnity reincarnation . All the endeavour in the world can't hide the wafl skills .

SPS - has all the skills and tackling but no idea how to find the ball

Clark - like west with without pace and slightly better skills .

If there's one thing the past 3 years should make us ponder it's this:

Say you have a guy like Sheed with all the skills/talent and a guy like West who is all Effort/Heart but likely at full potential - at equal output it would seeeem like the smart move would be to play Sheed over West since Sheed's ceiling is higher (once he decides to start putting the chase and effort in).

Buuuuuut we really need to be asking what effect certain players' presence on the field has on the effort and heart in the rest of the players.

No matter how high or low a players ceiling may be - a CBF attitude spreads and slows down other players whereas a player going hard to shepherd, smother, chase, give implied pressure even though no hope to get to the ball/man and then sucking in the big ones after to recover this also spreads and Spurs on the rest of the team.

Our 2018 Finals campaign was based on all-in buy in and contested effort. THIS is what has been missing and we all know it.

Last edited:
The fact he went undrafted for so many years and then we were the only team interested last year tells me different.

Or he is better than our non -existant youth and our injured geriatrics isn't a glowing endorsement
Liam Ryan and Tim Kelly went undrafted for years. For some players, it clicks later.

Because the chances of getting a good player with pick 19 are slim. High chance of a bust. He'll be a 200 game player.

As someone who relies on all you BF losers to get my draft and other teams' outcasts info - you all already burnt me on Witherden.
Would rather use pick 19 at the ND and try get him with Port's 2nd.

Could only hope, but reckon Bombers, Cats etc will have an interest.

Thinking Carmichael for Essendon, they need another inside mid.

Looking at how Parish was acting to his captain they might be smart trading Parish. Gets a heap of ball but isn't damaging, goes backwards and sideways. Dons would get good value too.

I've got doubts on him making it as a quality long termer. He was overlooked and taken later for his lack of pace and hurt factor/skills. Those issues still stand. I would take him but not sure for a top 20 pick. He was taken later than that and hasnt really done much. A pick in the 30s/40s would be fine and consistent with blokes being worth less than their draft position when they dont do much.
So you’ve never actually watched Robertson play.

First, Robertson is fast. He clocked the second fastest on field time for our team last year.

He’s being kept out of the team by Lyons, Neale and McCluggage. 3 players who go alright.

He’s worked on his skills and hurt factor in our reserves. There’s quite a few posters on our board who would like to see Robertson in the team in place of Lyons now, because he’s fast, can spread and apply far more pressure than any of Neale, Lyons and McCluggage.

His one current weakness his his disposal under pressure or perceived pressure, where he bangs it on his boot.

As someone who relies on all you BF losers to get my draft and other teams' outcasts info - you all already burnt me on Witherden.
Would rather use pick 19 and try get him with Port's 2nd.
I'd rather cough up our 3rd round pick....

Port's second rounder will come in at about 30. If Dev tells the Lions he wants to be traded to us then maybe it can be done. While I would prefer to keep all picks under 30, I think he'll be a good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liam Ryan and Tim Kelly went undrafted for years. For some players, it clicks later.
Clark didn't go undrafted because of lack of commitment and professionalism. Its lack of pace and talent .

Kelly and Ryan both have buckets of talent it was the professionalism they needed to acquire.

There’s more than a few good players amongst this lot

119Gold Coast SunsWil Powell
220Richmond TigersCallum Coleman-Jones
221West Coast EaglesOscar Allen
222Geelong CatsLachlan Fogarty
223North Melbourne KangaroosWill Walker
224Geelong CatsTim Kelly
225Richmond TigersNoah Balta
226West Coast EaglesLiam Ryan
227GWS GiantsBrent Daniels
228GWS GiantsSam Taylor
229Melbourne DemonsCharlie Spargo
230Carlton BluesTom De Koning
231Melbourne DemonsBayley Fritsch
1 draft. Good sample size.

You know players can improve once they're over the age of 18, right?

His lack of skills is overblown on here. I had a look at his last 3 weeks DE and he was better than Tim Kelly’s. Over 80% last week, against Melbourne it was over 70% from 29 touches. He would’ve been BOG for us in that game. Considering the majority of those touches were under pressure that’s not a bad effort. I think Mcginnity would’ve had a couple of BOG performances for us in his whole career.

Yes, he may not have a laser kick on him or a left boot (not alone there), but he is very effective in getting the ball and dishing it off to our advantage.

It’s the senior guys in our midfield letting us down not the newbie’s.

DE is a bit misleading though.

I have heard a bomb to a contest is supposed to count as efficient, even though for us bombing it forward is a big weakness

“Pick 19 is a lottery, you’re not necessarily getting a 200-game player because no one can guarantee what will happen in the future.

So we should trade it for Robertson because he’s guaranteed to be a 200-game player in the future”

There’s more than a few good players amongst this lot

119Gold Coast SunsWil Powell
220Richmond TigersCallum Coleman-Jones
221West Coast EaglesOscar Allen
222Geelong CatsLachlan Fogarty
223North Melbourne KangaroosWill Walker
224Geelong CatsTim Kelly
225Richmond TigersNoah Balta
226West Coast EaglesLiam Ryan
227GWS GiantsBrent Daniels
228GWS GiantsSam Taylor
229Melbourne DemonsCharlie Spargo
230Carlton BluesTom De Koning
231Melbourne DemonsBayley Fritsch
Do the same for the 2018 draft. It’ll be a barren waste land of nobody’s.

Each draft is different, with different quality of depth.

2017 and 2019 had good depth down to pick 30’ish. 2018 is full of hot garbage after pick 18.

Also, if Culley turns out to be as good as a first rounder, I feel this is a loophole the AFL will close.

Assuming Pie Man doesn't go full Pie Man, we're getting a free first rounder. It's basically a priority pick before our first round pick. And all it cost was Tom Cole's ankle.
I reckon it’ll only be an issue for this year given genuine talent would have slipped through the cracks last year due to the lack of exposure. No doubt the AFL will crack down on it hard if it turns out he’s a gun and we benefitted from it.

That’s despite bigger issues going untouched such as Sydney rorting the academy for years and the last couple of drafts being compromised by top 4 finishers getting top 3 talent for a package of 3 million picks in the 70s all because the PoInTs MaTcH

“Pick 19 is a lottery, you’re not necessarily getting a 200-game player because no one can guarantee what will happen in the future.

So we should trade it for Robertson because he’s guaranteed to be a 200-game player in the future”
It’s fun to watch when you’re not on the receiving end of the pedantry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back