List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2022 superstar edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players -

So if he's better than our older injured players and our non-existent players....why wouldn't you keep him in the side. At least until he gets pushed out by someone better
I said it before . If we are talking this year sure season is ****ed anyway why not .

But this is the contract draft thread with an eye for the future .

Going forward we should play talented youngsters who may not be better than clark but have a higher ceiling .

Your like one of the people arguing for waterman to be played in his natural position.

They are just not going to take us to a premiership

Anyone else getting blue balls from all this Culley talk and still waiting on what Rohan is gonna do come tomorrow?

Judging from the tweets by Gossage and McArdle (or whatever his name is), I think the club has told the media what they will do. Probably because of people like us pre-emptively bagging out Rohan for no reason...

The centre man’s name looks a handfull ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
teachers GIF

It goes against the culture we’ve built but I would prefer players over picks if Jackson was gettable. What else would we have to package with a Gaff or Darling to get the deal done? I can’t really think of anyone else on our list that’d have any trade value that’d bring Melbourne to the table.

Both seem like they’re past it for a team like ours but could still offer plenty for a premiership contender with better players around them

Flyn Ryan would be appealing to Melb ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Looking at the list of players in The Age article under consideration by different clubs:

Players of interest (clubs in pick order):
West Coast: Jai Culley, Max Ramsden, Josh Carmichael, Jake Florenca
North Melbourne: Jai Culley, Kallan Dawson, Wade Derksen
Essendon: Jai Culley, Josh Carmichael, Wade Derksen, Kim Kantilla, Mutaz El Nour
Adelaide: Jai Culley, Josh Carmichael, Brett Turner, Casey Voss
Greater Western Sydney: Jacob Bauer, Wade Derksen
Hawthorn: James Blanck, Connor Ballenden
Gold Coast: Willing to pass. Possibly Jai Culley, Wade Derksen, Max Ramsden
Port Adelaide: Jacob Bauer
Collingwood: Jacob Bauer, Wade Derksen, Connor Ballenden, Massimo D’Ambrosio, Kallan Dawson
Richmond: Massimo D’Ambrossio, Lachie Carrigan
Western Bulldogs: N/A
Sydney: Willing to pass. Possibly Massimo D’Ambrossio, Hugo Hall-Kahan.
Geelong: Mutaz El Nour, Oskar Faulkhead, Matt Ling
Carlton: Lachlan Carrigan, Sam Durdin, Zavier Maher, Will Reinhold
St Kilda: Oskar Faulkhead, Hugo Hall-Kahan
Fremantle: Brynn Teakle, Wade Derksen, Jake Florenca
Brisbane Lions: N/A
Melbourne: N/A

Interesting to see Ramsden only linked to one other club, Gold Coast who may pass anyway. If we take Culley first and Ramsden is there at 19, do we use the pick?
No one wants Florenca.....

I said it before . If we are talking this year sure season is ducked anyway why not .

But this is the contract draft thread with an eye for the future .

Going forward we should play talented youngsters who may not be better than clark but have a higher ceiling .

Your like one of the people arguing for waterman to be played in his natural position.

They are just not going to take us to a premiership
No I'm not, I actually argued for developing Waterman as a third tall defender a couple of years ago because I don't see a place for him in the forward line.
You do realise there are steps to building towards a premiership right? You don't just go from last to premiership on one off season of recruiting.
It just might take a few years for these younger guys to step in as first line midfielders. You need some mature players in the side to protect the younger guys and to teach them. And the cupboard is pretty bare when it comes to fit midfielders.
Still think you're being unfair to Clark, he's 100% better than playing Gaff on the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, he isn’t getting rid of the dreadlocks?

Well we have a 100% success rate for players picked with dreadlocks. (It is only Nic Nat right)

Tom Lamb?

Culley working 2 jobs, and took it on himself to put in the hard work to improve himself during the off season.

Work rate definitely won't be an issue for him it seems

Last edited:
We will still have Kelly, yeo and sheed who are far superior players

West and Clark are the poor man's versions of maginnity and priddis
What, worse than the shitstains we currently have in the midfield?

So much worse that now routine floggings will be 150 a week if we dare put Clarke and West in there?

Nice knowing you campaigners :raisinghand:

It's a price I'll gladly pay for Rohan to finally do the right thing.

Always hated everyone on here anyway.

View attachment 1412866

Hope we pick up Culley and I am also looking forward to Colonel Mustard becoming a regular poster on this site.

Why doesn’t anybody on here want Florenca? Is it purely age lol? I mean seems like a no brainer as our second pick if he’s there?

Concern might be that with West, Naish and Clark (and to a lesser extent Joyce) are we picking up too many mature age stop gaps

But I think most would be happy with him with our second pick if we went that way

With how pear shaped 2022 has gone, a little piece of me expects us to grab someone else at #1 tomorrow. It would be very on brand after the reassuring media coverage re: Eagles and Culley. We're notoriously closed off about our draft intentions.
I think this close to the draft it's a bit more clear.

I remember the strong word coming out close to draft day last year that we were going with Chesser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back