List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2022 superstar edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players -

Also, if Culley turns out to be as good as a first rounder, I feel this is a loophole the AFL will close.

Assuming Pie Man doesn't go full Pie Man, we're getting a free first rounder. It's basically a priority pick before our first round pick. And all it cost was Tom Cole's ankle.

Its not a loophole, its just another draft that rewards scrubber teams (as drafts should)

Good.

Apparently only GC was the other club notably interested, so good luck with that. Nice up here though...

Suns picked up Mac Andrew last year, would they need a second project ruck like Ramsden?

Who do you propose we play in the midfield next year?
If this was the game day threads I would agree with you . Give guys like west SPS and Clark a go in the guts especially over gaff . The season is a write off anyway .

But this is the draft thread so looking to the future we need to be building towards our next premiership. Getting young talent 50+ games under their belts in their future positions is imperative.

I would hope next year shuey and gaff are not on our list .

The guys on ball next year imo should be

Kelly - clearly our best mid atm

Sheed - Needs to cut out the cycling and hit the gym instead . Plays inside next year .

Yeo - spending time between HBF and midfield. Needs a consistent run at afl and if his tank is not up to midfield he needs the HBF as fall back

Redden - we need mids with leadership to train our next crop on field . He is durable, can play multiple midfield positions and by all reports the best team man we have . 1 year extension

O'Neill- although he is not an in and under inside mid he is a balanced mid who has afl qualities. Good hands that release other players , tackles well , has above average pace and good kicking on both sides . We have seen at both wafl/AFL level he can play on ball well when played in that position

Next generation mids - culley , chesser (wing) and who ever we trade/draft should be getting opportunities

Depth midfield-

West - is a maginnity reincarnation . All the endeavour in the world can't hide the wafl skills .

SPS - has all the skills and tackling but no idea how to find the ball

Clark - like west with without pace and slightly better skills .

Last edited:
Have you seen their list?

Witts goes down it gets grim fast. Look at last year.

They’ve got chol and Andrew’s, but neither have the frame to lead the ruck

Ramsden is a project player though, at 19 he's not going to come in and be leading a ruck at AFL level.

They do also have Moyle and Casboult as stop gap options.

Grabbing Ramsden to go with Andrew just seems overkill

In this years draft if held right now & if taken at all: An approximate range would look close to
Culley ≈ 25-30
Newitt ≈ 30-40
D'Ambrossio ≈ Rookie
Dozzi ≈ 40-50
Ramsden ≈ 40-50

West - is a maginnity reincarnation . All the endeavour in the world can't hide the wafl skills .
I'm convinced you don't watch this bloke play.

Displayed a level of evasiveness the past few games that our other mids can only dream of. Sure, doesn't kick bullets but his disposal in space seems to be a bit more penetrating than when he first started and actually looks to move the ball forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Displayed a level of evasiveness the past few games that our other mids can only dream of. Sure, doesn't kick bullets but his disposal in space seems to be a bit more penetrating than when he first started and actually looks to move the ball forward.

He earned himself a free kick and handballed it straight to the opposition from the resulting uncontested possession a couple of weeks ago.

He'd be great in a Ross Lyon-coached team.

That's exactly how maginnity played as well . Hard noses , great agility/swerveability but his skills were bog average .

Maginnity found himself a neish on the HFF where his turnovers didn't effect the team as much . Maybe west will do the same .

We have reached an all time low when guys like west and Clark are being hailed as our saviours or our next generation.

We need to bring in and pump games into high ceiling talent not limited wafl battlers

One howler a couple of weeks ago, you’re a harsh man.

While others bang on about Witherden, Nelson and the rest of the under siege backline, my hill to die on is the arse midfield, and I'm not sure a 23 year old taken with Pick 23 in the midseason draft is a long term prospect. I maintain he (and blokes like Greg Clark) were picked up to bolster the WAFL team to provide a plug and play replacement for a Kelly or a Shuey for a game or two when the club thought we were contenders and that we knew how to manage injuries.

Club thought Will Collins was better, but that's a whole other story.

West tries hard, always got to love that, but his skills are arse, which is why he'd fit in so well in a Ross Lyon team.

I don't think the McGinnity comparisons are that far off.

That's exactly how maginnity played as well . Hard noses , great agility/swerveability but his skills were bog average .

Maginnity found himself a neish on the HFF where his turnovers didn't effect the team as much . Maybe west will do the same .

We have reached an all time low when guys like west and Clark are being hailed as our saviours or our next generation.

We need to bring in and pump games into high ceiling talent not limited wafl battlers
He plays nothing like McGinnity.

McGinnity played like Mitch Robertson from Wish.

West plays like a Priddis who can actually run and kick more than 30m.

Clark and West i think can go up a level and will be needed to shield our young mids coming through. They are not there to be the next A grade superstars but we need some players like West and Clark who like to get down and dirty and help out the other mids. Something we have lacked in supporting Shuey, Yeo, Gaff & Kelly.

Clark and West i think can go up a level and will be needed to shield our young mids coming through. They are not there to be the next A grade superstars but we need some players like West and Clark who like to get down and dirty and help out the other mids. Something we have lacked in supporting Shuey, Yeo, Gaff & Kelly.
You're not going to be able to fix West's skills. They are hard set. WAFL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back