List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2022 superstar edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players -

Dirty on the AFL for having a draft on the 1st day of the month.

I gotta get the forecast off for the day. Stressful day and I can't vent long and hard here.

Vent for me people. Don't let me down.

When you click on this thread and see three new pages from just the last few hours:
cars reverse GIF by Top Gear

and the last couple of drafts being compromised by top 4 finishers getting top 3 talent for a package of 3 million picks in the 70s all because the PoInTs MaTcH
Nah, that got canned years ago.

You can only take the same amount of picks to the draft, as you have available list spots.

So it might take 5 picks to match a top 2 bid, but 4 of those picks then get pushed to the very back of the draft, so you end up with 1 top kid, and 4 kids drafted in the 60’s or rookie draft.

Happy with Florenca at our 2nd. We still need to find the workers for the next few years. I don’t expect all of Naish, West, Clark, Joyce or Florenca to be on the list in 3 years but would think 2 would be.

Our issues in the midfield has been a lack of guys willing to put in the hard yards first ie stenglein, braun, Hutchings etc

Nah, that got canned years ago.

You can only take the same amount of picks to the draft, as you have available list spots.

So it might take 5 picks to match a top 2 bid, but 4 of those picks then get pushed to the very back of the draft, so you end up with 1 top kid, and 4 kids drafted in the 60’s or rookie draft.
You still can manipulate the system. You just tell your fringe guys they can't sign their new contracts until after the draft taking lots of picks to the draft .
Then you just buy back in with future picks .

Collingwood did this last year .

I'm not that worried about father sons but the Northern Academies are a rort and compromise the integrity of the competition

Jai 'Charcoal Chicken' Culley ready to march into Lathlain, delist that no-name Simpson fella, throw his own magnet in the guts, and start un-folding this club one Dustin Martin at a time.

With how pear shaped 2022 has gone, a little piece of me expects us to grab someone else at #1 tomorrow. It would be very on brand after the reassuring media coverage re: Eagles and Culley. We're notoriously closed off about our draft intentions.

When you have pick 1 it doesnt matter.

You can say you are drafting anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the list of players in The Age article under consideration by different clubs:

Players of interest (clubs in pick order):
West Coast: Jai Culley, Max Ramsden, Josh Carmichael, Jake Florenca
North Melbourne: Jai Culley, Kallan Dawson, Wade Derksen
Essendon: Jai Culley, Josh Carmichael, Wade Derksen, Kim Kantilla, Mutaz El Nour
Adelaide: Jai Culley, Josh Carmichael, Brett Turner, Casey Voss
Greater Western Sydney: Jacob Bauer, Wade Derksen
Hawthorn: James Blanck, Connor Ballenden
Gold Coast: Willing to pass. Possibly Jai Culley, Wade Derksen, Max Ramsden
Port Adelaide: Jacob Bauer
Collingwood: Jacob Bauer, Wade Derksen, Connor Ballenden, Massimo D’Ambrosio, Kallan Dawson
Richmond: Massimo D’Ambrossio, Lachie Carrigan
Western Bulldogs: N/A
Sydney: Willing to pass. Possibly Massimo D’Ambrossio, Hugo Hall-Kahan.
Geelong: Mutaz El Nour, Oskar Faulkhead, Matt Ling
Carlton: Lachlan Carrigan, Sam Durdin, Zavier Maher, Will Reinhold
St Kilda: Oskar Faulkhead, Hugo Hall-Kahan
Fremantle: Brynn Teakle, Wade Derksen, Jake Florenca
Brisbane Lions: N/A
Melbourne: N/A

Interesting to see Ramsden only linked to one other club, Gold Coast who may pass anyway. If we take Culley first and Ramsden is there at 19, do we use the pick?
Hope we dont take ramsden,we have enough ruckmen that cant ruck

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

When you have pick 1 it doesnt matter.

You can say you are drafting anyone.

Exactly.

Kind of have to be cagey when picking in the early-mid teens. The last thing we want is for someone to jump us and grab who we were set on taking. (that said, Cockatoo and Bonner who were board favorites haven't really worked out).

Pick 1, probably should have a plane ticket booked for Culley already.

Why doesn’t anybody on here want Florenca? Is it purely age lol? I mean seems like a no brainer as our second pick if he’s there?
Age and vanilla factor.

What are we trying to do? Be competitive as soon as possible so we can have some wins? Or compile a list that can win a flag?

If it's the latter then we need 6-8 A-graders who will be there in 6-10 years, if not some solid 200 game role players who will be there for 6-8 years. The chances of finding one of these with the 2nd pick in the 2022 MSD is slim. But Florenca being this player = 0%. I'd prefer slim over zero.

Happy with Florenca at our 2nd. We still need to find the workers for the next few years. I don’t expect all of Naish, West, Clark, Joyce or Florenca to be on the list in 3 years but would think 2 would be.

Our issues in the midfield has been a lack of guys willing to put in the hard yards first ie stenglein, braun, Hutchings etc

He's a jet. If he was 22/23 he'd be in the pick 1 conversation.

At 25, he's what we need right now (and has 6-7 years left) so is perfect at 14/15/16 wherever our second ends up.

I'd guess he will end up a better AFL player than any young-ish development player selected in that zone. At least the probabilities are that he will (there may be 1 x 19/20yo from 6-8 picks in that range who makes a career of it - but Florenca looks a likely 50-100 gamer if injuries stay away).

He's a jet. If he was 22/23 he'd be in the pick 1 conversation.

At 25, he's what we need right now (and has 6-7 years left) so is perfect at 14/15/16 wherever our second ends up.

I'd guess he will end up a better AFL player than any young-ish development player selected in that zone. At least the probabilities are that he will (there may be 1 x 19/20yo from 6-8 picks in that range who makes a career of it - but Florenca looks a likely 50-100 gamer if injuries stay away).
How does he go on the half back flank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back