List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2022 superstar edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players -

If we take Culley, I'm kinda keen for BOND 007 to come on here flipping tables and being all like "You &%&)% campaigners happy now???"

vince mcmahon GIF

If we take Culley I think it may well be the first time that this board will be unanimously happy with a draft selection

Is there a draft order available for tomorrow?

Failing that is every team taking at least 1 player?

Indicative Mid-Season Draft Order

1. West Coast (via Oscar Allen)

2. North Melbourne (via Miller Bergman)*

3. Essendon (via Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti)

4. Adelaide (via Rory Sloane)

5. GWS Giants (via Josh Fahey)*

6. Hawthorn (via open list position)

7. Gold Coast (via Ben King)*

8. Port Adelaide (via Jake Pasini)

9. Collingwood (via Nathan Kreuger)

10. Richmond (via Josh Caddy)

11. Sydney (via open list position)

12. Geelong (via open list position)

13. Carlton (via open list position)

14. St Kilda (via Nick Coffield)*

15. Fremantle (via open list position)

Second round

16. West Coast (via Luke Edwards)

17. North Melbourne (via Tom Lynch)

18. Essendon (via Nik Cox)*

19. Adelaide (via Paul Seedsman)

20. Hawthorn (via Tyler Brockman)

21. Collingwood (via Jordan Roughead)

22. Carlton (via Oscar McDonald)

23. St Kilda (via Jack Hayes)*

24. Fremantle (via Jye Amiss)

Looking at the list of players in The Age article under consideration by different clubs:

Players of interest (clubs in pick order):
West Coast: Jai Culley, Max Ramsden, Josh Carmichael, Jake Florenca
North Melbourne: Jai Culley, Kallan Dawson, Wade Derksen
Essendon: Jai Culley, Josh Carmichael, Wade Derksen, Kim Kantilla, Mutaz El Nour
Adelaide: Jai Culley, Josh Carmichael, Brett Turner, Casey Voss
Greater Western Sydney: Jacob Bauer, Wade Derksen
Hawthorn: James Blanck, Connor Ballenden
Gold Coast: Willing to pass. Possibly Jai Culley, Wade Derksen, Max Ramsden
Port Adelaide: Jacob Bauer
Collingwood: Jacob Bauer, Wade Derksen, Connor Ballenden, Massimo D’Ambrosio, Kallan Dawson
Richmond: Massimo D’Ambrossio, Lachie Carrigan
Western Bulldogs: N/A
Sydney: Willing to pass. Possibly Massimo D’Ambrossio, Hugo Hall-Kahan.
Geelong: Mutaz El Nour, Oskar Faulkhead, Matt Ling
Carlton: Lachlan Carrigan, Sam Durdin, Zavier Maher, Will Reinhold
St Kilda: Oskar Faulkhead, Hugo Hall-Kahan
Fremantle: Brynn Teakle, Wade Derksen, Jake Florenca
Brisbane Lions: N/A
Melbourne: N/A

Interesting to see Ramsden only linked to one other club, Gold Coast who may pass anyway. If we take Culley first and Ramsden is there at 19, do we use the pick?

Also interesting to see Hugo Hall-Kahan only on a few others lists, and he should be on ours as we've interviewed him.

We might get some talent fall through to our second.

I think Culley (if we pick him) will end up somewhere between Naitanui and Lamb in terms of successful AFL players with dreadlocks.
Looks a good prospect, I guess the reality is that he is playing U18 only and doing well. In an open draft he would be 10-20 based on what 'experts' have to say. Is he a Brander or a player?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we take Culley I think it may well be the first time that this board will be unanimously happy with a draft selection

hold-hold-now-esperen-ahora-mel-gibson-brace-heart-braveheart-vagonettas-2.gif

If you look real close, I swear you get a fleeting glimpse of Culley, in the extras in this scene. ;)

On Tuesday night Langwarrin 19-year-old Jai Culley will finish his shift at Charcoal Chicken aware his life is about to change forever.

On Wednesday night West Coast is intent on selecting the powerful 192cm goalkicking midfielder with the No. 1 overall selection in the mid-season draft.
West Coast have circled his name as their leading prospect and believe he could make an immediate impact in their midfield.

Just don’t expect the dreadlocked Dandenong Stingrays onballer to reel off coach Adam Simpson’s list of accolades as a North Melbourne premiership player.
On Tuesday in between a break with his morning shift at Coles supermarket before his night chicken shop shift, he had to be told about Simpson’s CV by his Dandenong coach Nick Cox.

“Coxy told me that I was having a meeting with Simmo and did I know his name? I did but I didn’t know anything about him, I didn’t even know he played for North Melbourne,” he said.

Simpson and the West Coast recruiting team spoke with Culley on Monday night and made no promises but everything lines up with him being an Eagle by Wednesday night.

Culley has no intention of cutting off his dreadlocks any time soon: “I think they are sticking around. They are part of me. I am a relaxed person off the field and I think they suit my personality.”

But if they scream that Culley might be a different individual, recruiters know his hard work and dedication has turned him from an also-ran in last year’s draft into a player likely to make an impact this season.

As Cox said on Tuesday: “He is completely different with his on field stuff. He is a head-down bum-up player. He has improved out of sight from the first year in our program last year. He had AFL traits but he wasn’t quite there. We only had him for a couple of nights a week and he went away and worked by himself,” he said.

“He is a 193cm goalkicking mid who can go forward and hit the scoreboard with his marking. He mainly played forward last year because his transition stuff wasn’t good enough so he went away and worked on it. He has got better at a lot of things. He is a ball of muscle. He has put weight on but he’s lean.”

Culley is training smarter and harder — he was so desperate to get fit he was running twice a day — and listened to the Dandenong Stingrays strength team about building up his body.

He has no issue with moving across the country to a club battling in every way if West Coast do select him.

“Last night they didn’t give me too much, they didn’t say they were going to pick me. But if I did get my name read out I would be stoked to be on an AFL list. I am more than happy to travel interstate. I like change. My mum and dad won’t be there but they know it’s my dream, it’s my journey to be on and they are really good with supporting me in whatever I do.”

He's a jet. If he was 22/23 he'd be in the pick 1 conversation.

At 25, he's what we need right now (and has 6-7 years left) so is perfect at 14/15/16 wherever our second ends up.

I'd guess he will end up a better AFL player than any young-ish development player selected in that zone. At least the probabilities are that he will (there may be 1 x 19/20yo from 6-8 picks in that range who makes a career of it - but Florenca looks a likely 50-100 gamer if injuries stay away).

Happy to take him with the 2nd as long as we have plans to move on others or say Shuey retires suddenly.

Florenca would be a good Redden replacement for example. Similar player but 5 years younger. Would not cost much cap space either.

On Tuesday night Langwarrin 19-year-old Jai Culley will finish his shift at Charcoal Chicken aware his life is about to change forever.

On Wednesday night West Coast is intent on selecting the powerful 192cm goalkicking midfielder with the No. 1 overall selection in the mid-season draft.
West Coast have circled his name as their leading prospect and believe he could make an immediate impact in their midfield.

Just don’t expect the dreadlocked Dandenong Stingrays onballer to reel off coach Adam Simpson’s list of accolades as a North Melbourne premiership player.
On Tuesday in between a break with his morning shift at Coles supermarket before his night chicken shop shift, he had to be told about Simpson’s CV by his Dandenong coach Nick Cox.

“Coxy told me that I was having a meeting with Simmo and did I know his name? I did but I didn’t know anything about him, I didn’t even know he played for North Melbourne,” he said.

Simpson and the West Coast recruiting team spoke with Culley on Monday night and made no promises but everything lines up with him being an Eagle by Wednesday night.

Culley has no intention of cutting off his dreadlocks any time soon: “I think they are sticking around. They are part of me. I am a relaxed person off the field and I think they suit my personality.”

But if they scream that Culley might be a different individual, recruiters know his hard work and dedication has turned him from an also-ran in last year’s draft into a player likely to make an impact this season.

As Cox said on Tuesday: “He is completely different with his on field stuff. He is a head-down bum-up player. He has improved out of sight from the first year in our program last year. He had AFL traits but he wasn’t quite there. We only had him for a couple of nights a week and he went away and worked by himself,” he said.

“He is a 193cm goalkicking mid who can go forward and hit the scoreboard with his marking. He mainly played forward last year because his transition stuff wasn’t good enough so he went away and worked on it. He has got better at a lot of things. He is a ball of muscle. He has put weight on but he’s lean.”

Culley is training smarter and harder — he was so desperate to get fit he was running twice a day — and listened to the Dandenong Stingrays strength team about building up his body.

He has no issue with moving across the country to a club battling in every way if West Coast do select him.

“Last night they didn’t give me too much, they didn’t say they were going to pick me. But if I did get my name read out I would be stoked to be on an AFL list. I am more than happy to travel interstate. I like change. My mum and dad won’t be there but they know it’s my dream, it’s my journey to be on and they are really good with supporting me in whatever I do.”
6036E679-5BCD-4DDD-AA26-924E05140470.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back