List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2022 superstar edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players -

I'll be equally pissed off if we select a ruck, but can almost hear the internal machinations going on to justify it.

We are getting beaten in the middle, that starts with the ruck
Talls take longer to develop so we need to start now
Will have lots of opportunities at elite mids in the ND as we will have high picks.

All points are true, but ignore the fact that any ruck we pick in the MSD is more likely a 2nd or 3rd tier at AFL level at absolute best, and there are mids with potential to go to 2nd tier or even into the top tier.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I am not voting for a ruckman but its clear going forward, on what we have seen, we dont have a winning ruckman - Jammo may develop but its only may.
Just like key forwards, Allen may and probably will develop but now he isnt the dominat forward that is mandatory to contend. JD will enable a rebuild but will not be part of our next premiership so we need a develoing key forward. Similarly, Harry is a prospect down back but thats all.

It isnt as simple as mids, mids although I would jump at a quality mid or two if available.

I am not voting for a ruckman but its clear going forward, on what we have seen, we dont have a winning ruckman - Jammo may develop but its only may.
Just like key forwards, Allen may and probably will develop but now he isnt the dominat forward that is mandatory to contend. JD will enable a rebuild but will not be part of our next premiership so we need a develoing key forward. Similarly, Harry is a prospect down back but thats all.

It isnt as simple as mids, mids although I would jump at a quality mid or two if available.
I agree with you, I just think that the ceiling on the top 2-3 mids in the upcoming draft is higher than the talls.

That may be different at the national draft at seasons end.

We also need to stop looking for a ruck to replace Nic, and look for a Wiits/Hickey type. In a year or two if we need to give up a pick in the 20's to trade for one so be it.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Say we do pick up Culley with Pick 1 and Florenca gets taken before our second pick, who should we go for then? Would a tall be acceptable in that instance.

Say we do pick up Culley with Pick 1 and Florenca gets taken before our second pick, who should we go for then? Would a tall be acceptable in that instance.

We could take a tall and trade him with our next few first rounders to get Florenca back from Geelong in a couple of years maybe?

WTF, you just asked then answered your own question.

And what does race have to do with it, the question is simply does this kid have the tools that we need who is available at our pick, if the answer is yes, then pick. To quote a Mearcat, simples.

Maybe we need more female representation and equal pay for all genders / non-binary humans as well?

I think I’m hoping for Culley and D’Ambrossio next week. We need a good quality, small defender with great skills and rebound, even if we don’t like to admit it around here.

It’s a good ND for talls - get our talls there.

If we got both Id be very happy.

Id be happy with one of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we don't take a ruck in the MSD it may not be a bad thing. There are quite a few that could get picked up. Meaning less competition for one come draft time in regards to Broadbent.

In regards to the national draft I now see it as a clear top 2 with a drop off unless the two big SA talls dominate the champs. Which means our pick 2 becomes pick 3 at which point if there are offers i would happily offer up the nominal pick 2 and see what we get offered. Broadbent to me is the closest to a sure thing to play 200+ afl games in the draft pool. I think we would need a pick around 10 on performance but due to his not overly athletic profile he could slip close to or to our second pick but I really wouldn't want to risk it. If we could turn that pick 2 + 37 into something along the lines of pick 6 and 15 it would in my mind be the best course of action. If however we do hold pick number 1 I really would like to come to a trade agreement with Brisbane to not bid on Ashcroft + 37 for Robertson and just draft Wardlaw and hope we can ride our luck a bit and Broadbent to still be there for our second pick.

In regards to that trade with Brisbane a gentlemans agreement to not call Ashcroft plus 37 would mean they could trade their first for GC's 3 seconds (Likely) and they will then have enough points for both their picks. Would leave them with 443 points leftover if Ashcroft is taken second and their second in Fletcher I see lasting through to that 30-40 mark so im sure they wouldn't mine a hit of say 50 draft points to next years second rounder to secure Fletcher.

There may also be a club willing to trade our next years second rounder + ports second this year for that mid teens pick in this years draft.

I'm just going through replays from the weekend and wouldn't be surprised to hear us call out Ramsden with our first pick. I am hoping for Culley but don't be surprised if it's a tall with the second being florenca. If he's there inside word is Freo will take Derksen.

In regards to that trade with Brisbane a gentlemans agreement to not call Ashcroft plus 37 would mean they could trade their first for GC's 3 seconds (Likely) and they will then have enough points for both their picks.

Seen this ‘agreement’ mentioned by a few posters.

Would imagine that would be considered draft tampering - or is that not a thing anymore?

Seen this ‘agreement’ mentioned by a few posters.

Would imagine that would be considered draft tampering - or is that not a thing anymore?
Its something that realistically cant be proved and it'd be done all behind closed doors so we'd be fine. There have been a few times we've done trades on the provision that the other team not pick the players we've been interested in. A good example is the time we downgraded our first rounder to trade in Yeo. We traded our first rounder with Collingwood for two lesser picks and part of the deal was that they would not take Sheed with any pick they had before our first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back