List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2022 superstar edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players -

He was pick 12 in the 2020 draft. Hasn't extended so out of contract

Lived in Perth before moving to vic . Eagles supporter.

He is an inside mid who is about 10th in line for that position at GWS . Playing off the dreaded HFF at the moment .

We could probably get him for pick 37 if we convinced him to come to us and played hardball at the trade table .

37 for Robinson after agreeing not to bid on Ashcroft.

Ports 2nd, around 30 for Braun.

Pick 1 and 19 we take to the draft with whatever picks we get from trading out players or future picks.

I do think some players will be traded out, even for just a 3rd rounder. That we dont have ATM.

That's the future that can start to develop in our very next season alongside other possible new candidates in Chesser, Hough, LEdwards.
Alongside Kelly, SPS and Yeo to support them in their growth.
With West, Naish and Florenca given the opportunity to see if they can be a part of the support crew too.

I'm also wondering if an out of contract Sam Powell-Pepper could be a target for either Port's 2nd rounder or our 3rd rounder.
And before everyone jumps on my comment like I've incredulously suggested that SPP is 'THE ANSWER' - I am merely suggesting that he could be a serviceable, solid B grade addition that can play non-stop, contested inside Bull role in a club that is currently not giving him the opportunity at the role he is suited for.
I know we were looking at him last trade period but Port's price was too high considering he was under contract.

SPP isnt out of contract until end of next season.

His WA partner just had their 1st baby and he may be looking West.

Id wait and see another 12 months on him.

Last edited:
And on diversity when will we draft a kid with African heritage? We tried Orlando as a rookie ruck

WTF, you just asked then answered your own question.

And what does race have to do with it, the question is simply does this kid have the tools that we need who is available at our pick, if the answer is yes, then pick. To quote a Mearcat, simples.

And what does race have to do with it, the question is simply does this kid have the tools that we need who is available at our pick, if the answer is yes, then pick. To quote a Mearcat, simples.
Also had Tarir Bayok a while back.

From the highlights I've seen Culley is a no brainer. Even if he's reluctant traveller (which I've read but no idea if it's based in reality) come to Perth for 11 games, play your guts out and we'll get you back to Melbourne for a pick probably no worse than mid teens. From the MSD that's a win for mine.

From the highlights I've seen Culley is a no brainer. Even if he's reluctant traveller (which I've read but no idea if it's based in reality) come to Perth for 11 games, play your guts out and we'll get you back to Melbourne for a pick probably no worse than mid teens. From the MSD that's a win for mine.

Yeah he's rated no.1 on ESPN's list as well. We have no choice but to go for the best player, and as you said even if it's just for another 10 games maybe we can still get something good for him come October.

But if he’s an A+ player, melts will be massive and would rather keep him

We should go best available loads with early picks - but one good thing about taking the risk on players from ethnic backgrounds with later picks is that the AFL will pay part of their salary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

18month contract so we have 18 months to work with.

If he is decent and asks to be traded we get something back for the 2024 draft.

Pick 1 in the MSD is where you should take more risks instead of playing it safe.

Watched the Lions game and Roberton is a must with pick 37 and no bid on Ashcroft

Bruhn would also be nice but can't see that happening

Adding Roberton, Culley and pick 1 would go a long way to fixing our midfield

Pick 19 on Broadbent and Port second rounder on a slider or outside runner
Great lets hope, last night I was thinking Judd, Kerr and Ciz could lift this mob.

If I didn't miss a chunk of work with covid I would have taken Wednesday off for the absolute melts on here when we don't pick Culley.
You know what, it doesn't even have to be Culley. I just want the club to actually recognise that our biggest problem is competing in the middle of the ground and ****ing start to do something about rectifying it. Culley or Carmichael both look like being able to help us now and into the future with this so either is a no-brainer pick imo.
If we pick a raw atheltic ruckman (sounds suspiciously like Bailey Williams) with pick one I probably will be pretty pissed off about it.

Watched the Lions game and Roberton is a must with pick 37 and no bid on Ashcroft

Bruhn would also be nice but can't see that happening

Adding Roberton, Culley and pick 1 would go a long way to fixing our midfield

Pick 19 on Broadbent and Port second rounder on a slider or outside runner

In all probability we trade in one player max simply because not many players ask to come to us.

Robertson has a tough call if we tempt him. Why come to us now when the Lions are in flag mode? He'd have to think he's a chance to make a GF there. He could miss out too by being the 24th player.

I would stay for 2 more years then assess how the Eagles are going.

Most impressive for me is that he identified a weakness and took it upon himself to get the right coaching and it has become a strength. Bodes well for his future, and at only 19, he has massive upside.

Can you elaborate on this ‘right coaching’ thing you speak of?

Sounds like a novel concept.

Asking for a friend of course.

You know what, it doesn't even have to be Culley. I just want the club to actually recognise that our biggest problem is competing in the middle of the ground and ******* start to do something about rectifying it. Culley or Carmichael both look like being able to help us now and into the future with this so either is a no-brainer pick imo.
If we pick a raw atheltic ruckman (sounds suspiciously like Bailey Williams) with pick one I probably will be pretty pissed off about it.

Yeah agreed.

I haven't watched any footage of either Culley or Carmichael or anyone.

I'll wait until the draft and watch the footage of the HBF we take. Smart money on D'Ambrosio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back