List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeo is from WA
Yea sorry ment Redden

Boys their taking calls for what a fair trade for Cameron is, i'm calling up. Going to call in as Alphy.

And you best believe ill tell that mod right now no move the hell on on afl trade radio, that will show him
How did you go

Nice to see Witherden’s name being thrown around.
What will it take?

Lions fans like Jarrod Cameron :crossmark: - I’m not 100% on him so would weigh it up but the club won’t move a player unless they put their hand up.

Are we thinking future 2nd? :whitecheck:

They don't need to many picks this year but a future pick would have interest for them.
Next years second would be on the money and should do it.

Although if they want to reunite brothers then Brendon Ah Chee would be a perfect choice. :p

Last edited:

Although if they want to reunite brothers then Brendon Ah Chee would be a perfect choice. :p

Ahhh we had such hopes for Ah Chee. He was going to be the BBMWBLF.

Anyone got one of those Port years highlights packages on hand? How’s that handpass!?

....has he ever done one for us? Ever?

Yeah, he teased us in a pre-season game one year. Had us all frothing at the prospects.

If only he was allowed to handpass Goals from 40m out...

Visited the cats board...left with a smile

They are leaving Big Jezza Cameron on the table!
Walking away! Not Worth it! 😅

A bit disappointed that Freo seem to be a lot more interested in Clark than we are. Seems like we've given up on getting him completely, while Freo are still keeping tabs
I can't see how we could possibly have any currency to trade him in.
These two seem to have the current mood and situation covered.
Freo more interested in Clark and we seem to have given up.
Maybe we know we just don't have the cap space. And we play by the rules on salary cap.

Freo have at least a $1mill cleared via Bennell and Hogan. Plus more with delistings and retirements.
With JK and Hurn staying on we have cleared limited space. Adding Langdon and maybe Witherden would kill what we have for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really dont want to go giving away good draft picks for next year's draft
Gotta weigh up a couple things though

1. I don't think Brisbane would accept our second rounder this year with all the pushbacks.

2. Stastistically speaking, Witherden would offer more then a second rounder next year.

We can't expect to give up nothing for him. He has proven to be something decent at AFL level.

Last edited:
Boys their taking calls for what a fair trade for Cameron is, i'm calling up. Going to call in as Alphy.

And you best believe ill tell that mod right now no move the hell on on afl trade radio, that will show him
Hey boys i apperciate the support on the comment i made on the Geelong board a few days ago.

I'm going to go one better, going to comment some nothing in the "Jeremy Cameron thread".. This will get banned, so i'll enjoy my holiday

BUT can use react and give a thumbs up to my comment, and let me die with diginity? Thanks boys, see use in a few weeks
Fkk I love this kent

Hello all, I come in peace. It's an odd one Witherden, I think on our Lions boards he was talked about during the year simply because he was behind Birchell and Rich and then Lester had a huge turn around to save his career (also married to Zorko's sister) and then Starcevich got really going and we had Answerth also going great of half back and of course Ah Chee being able to be swung back or forward. Witherden is the most likely replacement for Birchell and Rich as the 'director' coming out of the backline. The 'Luke Hodge" type role.

He has 2 years on his contract and from social media is currently away with the main bunch of players and their partners in far north Qld living in up. He is close mates with a number of them particularly Cam Rayner. While I can see he might leave for opportunities next year but the year after that, his position is quite clear Birtchell and Rich will be gone. Starcevich will move to the mid field or the wing to replace Mitch Robinson when he retires. He was also seen as a future leader for us. The knock on him is that he is a bit slow in leg speed and his disposal efficiency fell away but then his game this year when he returned was probably his best for the club. Never say never, but if you guys are offing big big money he might go, coach Fagan is all about development and Witherden with Luke Hodge coaching him also seems well and truly part of our future. We don't need draft picks this year, all we really need now is a young ruckman to replace Steph Martin if he goes or retires.
Anyone genuine, relevant and non trolling is fine here.

I also cannot see that Brisbane would be looking to offload. But salary cap for Daniher maybe? It's just odd this popped up on AFL trade radio.
To me Brisbane would be better with keeping him and retiring Birchall, but that's me.

I'd take him if he was genuinely available at a decent price. I would be surprised if it happens, but you never know.

Maybe there is a left field, clubs discussing on the side thing going on. Our Ah Chee and Cameron join their brothers and Witherden and a pick come the other way?

Visited the cats board...left with a smile
Yep, some utterly clueless supporters over there (tbf all teams have them).

Some guy saying it is a win for the cats if Cameron stays at GWS on $950k p.a.

Not quite sure how or why, but if you are going to promise the world to a player - then say 'yeah, nah, you're not worth it' once you have to give up a few picks then good luck attracting talent in the future.

Also plenty advocating some not so subtle draft tampering (I.e. no match, then a dodgy side deal), pretty sure Adelaide already tried scamming the system (I.e. trying to force the AFL to give band 1 via media pressure) and it backfired so not a wise strategy.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Freo more interested in Clark and we seem to have given up.
Maybe we know we just don't have the cap space. And we play by the rules on salary cap.

Freo have at least a $1mill cleared via Bennell and Hogan. Plus more with delistings and retirements.
With JK and Hurn staying on we have cleared limited space. Adding Langdon and maybe Witherden would kill what we have for sure.

It's easy to have cap space when your players don't win jack.

I also cannot see that Brisbane would be looking to offload. But salary cap for Daniher maybe? It's just odd this popped up on AFL trade radio.
To me Brisbane would be better with keeping him and retiring Birchall, but that's me.

I'd take him if he was genuinely available at a decent price. I would be surprised if it happens, but you never know.

Maybe there is a left field, clubs discussing on the side thing going on. Our Ah Chee and Cameron join their brothers and Witherden and a pick come the other way?
Hopefully we don't lose Cameron.

Ah Chee can go, but he wouldn't have any value in a trade surely.

If we could turn Hickey (or Hickey plus a 3rd) into Witherden we'd be making out like bandits. With the lack of ruckmen it may be plausible.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure why we'd even entertain trading cameron, he's in a position of particular need for us with uncertainty over rioli and Venables, is contracted for 2 more years and would be at his absolute minimum trade value after a promising first year in 2019 and an injury plagued year this season.

Not sure why we'd even entertain trading cameron, he's in a position of particular need for us with uncertainty over rioli and Venables, is contracted for 2 more years and would be at his absolute minimum trade value after a promising first year in 2019 and an injury plagued year this season.

A lot of romance from a few Lions supporters about trading in Charlies brother, but to be honest we're in almost the exact opposite position to you. It's not a position of need for us in the slightest. We have Charlie Cameron, Rayner, Linc, Keidean Coleman & touch wood in a few weeks his brother Blake Coleman.

Would be sad to see Witho go, would prefer to see him see out his contract & push out Birchall next year. No hard feelings if he decides to move though, you only have a short career, got to make the most of it. If a trade happens I'm sure it will be fair & a win / win.

We might be a little short in the ruck department next year though. That Nic Nat guy goes ok. Could be a decent back up for Big O ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back