List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would maybe keep Ah Chee, but Hutchings Time is done. Would much rather get the next WAFL mature recruit like he was.
Sam Fisher

If we don’t keep at least one pick for the mid-season draft I’ll be disappointed. If we get a tough draw in the first month we would have a top 10 pick to select from a whole host of over-agers who only missed the draft due to Covid, but will then will have played more than a month of under 18 footy.

I feel like the only one who's not saying Venables is cooked is his manager. A person with a clear vested interest.

Be nice to actually hear that from someone at the club. A doctor, Vozzo, Venables himself. Hell, i'd even take Fraser Mcinnes giving me a rundown at this point.

I feel like the only one who's not saying Venables is cooked is his manager. A person with a clear vested interest.

Be nice to actually hear that from someone at the club. A doctor, Vozzo, Venables himself. Hell, i'd even take Fraser Mcinnes giving me a rundown at this point.
I think Vozzo did make a statement a couple months ago. Something along the lines of he's tracking well and back to his normal self? I can't recall entirely.

Think we need to develop another tagger/defensive mid other than Hutchings. One who has Bullitt like disposal. Hutchings more than often undoes his good work with a less than poor use of the ball.

If we found a mid with bullet-like disposal, why would we waste him as a tagger?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I havent seen anything of Neale but I know the club always takes the best available rather than what we need.

Do we need another project ruckmen? No. Will we find a good midfielder that late in the draft? Highly unlikely.
Might depend on how jamieson is tracking.hes a very long term prospect with not much chance that he'll make it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

We are going to go hard next year for a flag so the likes of Hutchings, Jetta and Ah Chee are going to be better than some rookie who most likely won’t even play.

The club has indicated we will give it one more roll of the dice then we should see some drastic list changes next year.

Kennedy
Hurn
Jetta
Hutchings
Ah Chee
Vardy
Jones
Venables?
Rioli?
Foley?
O’Neil?
Johnson?

We are going to have a huge turnover next year and will invest heavily in the draft unless someone like Cripps becomes available. We will have some decent coin in our cap as well.

If we can bring in someone like Narkle in then great! if not go to the draft and pick one youngster and if there’s a slider we love take two. Apart from that re load with the players we have that at least know our system and the boys and give 2021 a bloody good shake.
Yeah i think if hutch is retained its just for a list opening next year, ah chee too. We will need the list spots to hit the draft harder

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

“I’m told West Coast very keen on Brockman,” Duffield said.

“Just looking at their needs or their wants, they loves those small forward types that have a few tricks and Winder looks like a mid to small forward type with a few tricks.”

Well we certainly aren't keen on ****ing mids :sadv1:

Hutch is a genuinely B22 midfielder when fit and firing. But his hamstrings snap at the slightest breeze. We could take him on for another year and he does a 4-6 week hammy in round 1... I think i'd rather take them gamble on someone fit that could possibly develop.
Best 22? Not any more. In 2017, 2018 he was easily best 22. Possibly the best lockdown mid in the comp.
2019, fringe. When fit, when we needed a tagger AND we had other injuries in the middle then best 22.
2020. With the arrival of Kelly and his own drop off in form, then not best 22. (plus injuries that we are sort of ignoring)

I can't see him, even fit, as even close to best 22 any more. Even Ainsworth has overtaken him as a tagging mid.

Let's face it. Players get older. They get slower, weaker, less flexible, less manoeuvrable, less able to avoid/shrug/break tackles and more injury prone.

Just listened and came to post

This bit is very promising also

“Daniel Venables they have high hopes will come back and play footy now but will probably be inactive for another season.

Can narkle genuinely play mid and half forward? I haven’t watched him enough to know.

Our list doesn’t have a genuine mid-forward I don’t think?

I’d be keen if we could afford him salary-wise.
Kelly played the mid/fwd role pretty well for Geelong in 2018.

I see Shuey spending more time as forward in 2021 as we hopefully have more engine strength (Yeo being fit is important) and the emergence of Gaff as a genuine inside for centre clearances gives us options.

Best 22? Not any more. In 2017, 2018 he was easily best 22. Possibly the best lockdown mid in the comp.
2019, fringe. When fit, when we needed a tagger AND we had other injuries in the middle then best 22.
2020. With the arrival of Kelly and his own drop off in form, then not best 22. (plus injuries that we are sort of ignoring)

I can't see him, even fit, as even close to best 22 any more. Even Ainsworth has overtaken him as a tagging mid.

Let's face it. Players get older. They get slower, weaker, less flexible, less manoeuvrable, less able to avoid/shrug/break tackles and more injury prone.
I have to respectfully disagree with you. Hutching's plays over ainsworth everyday of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back