knobby

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
Hopefully this thread wont last long and we get a win on the board.

R4 - Melbourne - strong oppo - cant see a win
R5 - Carlton - playing out of their skins, cant see a win
R6 - Essendon - 50/50 at best - they're playing reasonable footy
R7 - North - in reality, should be a win, but in Hobart where we have always struggled
R8 - Port - can see them entering this game 5-2, they should win comfortably on current form
R9 - Brisbane - its in Adelaide where Brisbane have an ordinary record, but you'd think they would be hard to beat
R10 - Collingwood - enough said
R11 - West Coast - maybe some respite

Our side will is good enough to get over a team off their game. We will drag them to our level and beat them with experience. I think we will win 3-4. There will be games we will play 2-3 good quarters in a patchy contest. That should get us over the line against mediocre sides 40% of the time.

Our side will is good enough to get over a team off their game. We will drag them to our level and beat them with experience. I think we will win 3-4. There will be games we will play 2-3 good quarters in a patchy contest. That should get us over the line against mediocre sides 40% of the time.
This assumes we’re actually able to produce capable offensive football

Which, for probably 3/4 of this year, we haven’t come close to doing

This assumes we’re actually able to produce capable offensive football

Which, for probably 3/4 of this year, we haven’t come close to doing

Oh I agree. but the point is we do have a talented offense that on its day can destroy sides. All it takes is for us to get on top of a mediocre side and produce 3 half good quarters. We have only played 3 reasonable quarters for the entire year and nearly won one of those matches. I do concede though, that even though our losses haven't been huge, we were never really in the contest other than for a small patch of the game.

If we are anywhere 0-10 Nicks has to go.
On this board all the assumptions that we improve this year were based around natural progression of our kids, Tex having a similar year to last season, Fog kicking around 50 goals. We didn't factor in RT or Milera injuries. None is a positive at this time. :mad:

IMHO we are F#*ked.

0-10 is not just possible but likely.

2-8 is best case scenario.

If we are anywhere 0-10 Nicks has to go.
Won't happen :shoutyoldman:.
We have Nicks for all of 2024. If they sacked him after 0-10 that would be an admission that the 2-year extension was ridiculous and premature, meaning those who OK'ed it would have to resign for total incompetence.

:think::think:... maybe not. They haven't resigned yet after previous mistakes, so why would they after 0-10, right?
On this board all the assumptions that we improve this year were based around natural progression of our kids, Tex having a similar year to last season, Fog kicking around 50 goals.
+ the we-was-robbed outcry and a fake assumption that finishing 10th meant we were "destined" for Finals.
6 months later ...
We didn't factor in RT or Milera injuries.
True. Might be the end of Milera :(.
ALL teams get them to key personnel.
Getting RT back later might help, but it'll be too late for Finals, I reckon.

Anything is possible, but 0-10 would require some atrocious play that would see the club being beaten by some of the worst teams ever. I'm going to make the bold claim that it won't happen.

I would be interested to see what happened in that case though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have Nicks for all of 2024. If they sacked him after 0-10 that would be an admission that the 2-year extension was ridiculous and premature, meaning those who OK'ed it would have to resign for total incompetence.
But the 2-year extension was ridiculous and premature, and those who OK'ed it should have to resign for total incompetence.

Maybe we're angling to make sure our priority pick gets in ahead of West Coast's?

Anything is possible, but 0-10 would require some atrocious play that would see the club being beaten by some of the worst teams ever. I'm going to make the bold claim that it won't happen.

I would be interested to see what happened in that case though
Agree that it won't happen. I could see 0-5 but I think Adelaide will beat at least a couple of teams out of North, Essendon, Port Adelaide, Brisbane and Collingwood.

My guess at this point is 5-9 at the bye. I think if we are any worse than say 4-10 Nicks would be in danger of being sacked before the end of the season.

In all seriousness, we could be 0-10. Carlton is a guaranteed loss.

Essendons midfield is on fire and they are getting their mojo. Their run and carry will hurt us.

North away in Tassie. Again gun midfield with run and carry, playing where we suck

Port enough said.

Brisbane better side than us.

Pies. FMD.

As best we will be 2-8 and tracking for a bottom 4 finish which wouldn’t be the worst thing. Nicks will have to get sacked, but we can’t let Ogilvie loose on another draft.

Hopefully. Seasons over, what's to gain by winning?
We are finishing bottom 4, bottom 6 at best. Teams below us who have improved and better than us:

Geelong, Bombers, Freo and Gold Coast.

That leaves Hawks, North, Richmond and West Coast. Richmond have been playing better footy than us but have copped some serious injuries, but they are better coached.

Finish as low as we can, but we need a new recruiter and we can’t give the pick for Petty. Oh and get a new coach.

Will be lucky to win more than 5 games right now.

I don't think you're too far off the mark

Looking ahead

Carlton (A) - Loss
Essendon (H) - 50/50
North (A) - 50/50
Port (H) - Loss
Brisbane (H) - loss
Collingwood (A) - loss
West Coast (H) - win
Hawthorn (A) - 50/50
Richmond (H) - win
Sydney (H) - Loss
GWS (H) - Loss
Brisbane (A) - Loss
Saints (H) - 50/50
Essendon (A) - Loss
Hawks (h) - Win
Geelong (A) - Loss
Bulldogs (H) - 50/50
Port (A) - Loss
Sydney (A) - Loss

Looking at the remaining games on our current form I'm only seeing 3 games that we should win and around 5 50/50 games.

I'm going to be generous and say that we'll end up with somewhere around 6-7 wins.

Essendons midfield is on fire and they are getting their mojo. Their run and carry will hurt us.
We're their bunnies too. Haven't beaten them since 2017. They match up too well on us despite us being roughly on par with them many of those years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Could we go 0-10 ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back