Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :( Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chilli chicken anyone? 😂.

View attachment 1996507
near me a marry brown opened and the Chinese went nuts, they had rope out the front for people to line up like a nightclub. I couldn’t understand the big deal, walking passed it , it just looked like kfc.

Anyway i decided to give it a go once, and now I get it, spicy chicken nothing like kfc, service isn’t the quickest as they cook everything fresh, but I don’t mind waiting 15mins if it’s fresh as opposed to instant service with something that’s been sitting in a bain marie for 3 hours.

Definitely good for the occasional treat that place.

near me a marry brown opened and the Chinese went nuts, they had rope out the front for people to line up like a nightclub. I couldn’t understand the big deal, walking passed it , it just looked like kfc.

Anyway i decided to give it a go once, and now I get it, spicy chicken nothing like kfc, service isn’t the quickest as they cook everything fresh, but I don’t mind waiting 15mins if it’s fresh as opposed to instant service with something that’s been sitting in a bain marie for 3 hours.

Definitely good for the occasional treat that place.
If you like fried chicken try Sapa Hills or their associated restaurant two doors down Sapa Sister in Footscray (Vietnamese)

If you like fried chicken try Sapa Hills or their associated restaurant two doors down Sapa Sister in Footscray (Vietnamese)
That’s it, I’m going.

it’s not so much fried chicken, although I do like it, it’s that I like anything spicy. But you have pricked my interest with that recommendation.

it’s not so much fried chicken, although I do like it, it’s that I like anything spicy. But you have pricked my interest with that recommendation.
I highly recommend, its more northern Viet (not that I know, mate is vietnamese, thats what he told me) - food is sensational, great beer (craft - local) and an added bonus, grab a few extra beers wonder around and shout a beer to Jmac, he'll be on his porch - after a few throw the empties at his bin lady neighbour - good times

I highly recommend, its more northern Viet (not that I know, mate is vietnamese, thats what he told me) - food is sensational, great beer (craft - local) and an added bonus, grab a few extra beers wonder around and shout a beer to Jmac, he'll be on his porch - after a few throw the empties at his bin lady neighbour - good times
many many years ago a mate took me to a Thai restaurant in north melbourne, I can’t remember its name but I remember it was along side the railway tracks.

The food was great but unusually there was an another Thai restaurant right next door, both as equally busy. Between the two entrances there was a copper sort of standing guard, very strange.

The back story was that the two owners used to be business partners that had a falling out and the ex partner open next door in an endeavour to drive his former partner out of business. The reason the copper was there was because the two former partners would brawl on sight.

many many years ago a mate took me to a Thai restaurant in north melbourne, I can’t remember its name but I remember it was along side the railway tracks.

The food was great but unusually there was an another Thai restaurant right next door, both as equally busy. Between the two entrances there was a copper sort of standing guard, very strange.

The back story was that the two owners used to be business partners that had a falling out and the ex partner open next door in an endeavour to drive his former partner out of business. The reason the copper was there was because the two former partners would brawl on sight.
I used to work in North Melbourne in the early 1990's, I loved it there (colourful lets say, in its greyness). There was a few interesting establishments in the the area you are referencing, including a beautiful old pub.

I think it was roadshow (movie distributor or similar) was over the road from the rail line, they had like 8 foot statues of B1 and B2 (bananas in pajamas). Being very young, we thought it was funny to kid/ banana nap them from their front office and send ransom notes. It didnt end well - they called the police. Still to this day dont know how they knew it was us - our office was over the road

Used to be a Sapa Hills in Glenferrie Rd - around the corner from the wine bars etc where tosspot Hawthorn supporters go when they're winning - those bars currently empty 😂- unfortunately that Sapa Hills closed down about a year (?) ago 😥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back