VFL VFL Round 11 v Casey - Sunday June 9th. 2:05pm @ Casey Fields

Remove this Banner Ad

The VFL is not the AFL, he's not playing on top line keydefenders, it's either kids or guys who aren't up to it like him. McMahon hasn't got the body or game for AFL, you need to deal with that fact, McMahon isn't happening.
I never said he’d return to Collingwood and I am aware of the difference in level.

But at the same time, he is much better than what we have in reserve.

It sounds like Roo had an encouraging start to his career in the Black and White.

I never said he’d return to Collingwood and I am aware of the difference in level.

But at the same time, he is much better than what we have in reserve.
We have literally nothing in reserve. The squad named for tomorrow is all we have. There is nothing else currently available. So yeah, anything is better than nothing.

Feels to me like they need to make a decision whether to bulk him up to be a deep forward or get his endurance up to play higher up the ground
Nah he’s the obvious Mihocek replacement in a couple of years, we have an ageing forward line Reef is potentially a 40 goal a year 3rd tall with bigger players around him.

I really like Reef, he just has something when you watch him and he hasn’t even scratched the surface yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah he’s the obvious Mihocek replacement in a couple of years, we have an ageing forward line Reef is potentially a 40 goal a year 3rd tall with bigger players around him.

I really like Reef, he just has something when you watch him and he hasn’t even scratched the surface yet.

He better start scratching that surface soon. Time can run out real quick

They don’t play the same role. Could have used reef to bolster the forward line and WHE to go wherever he’s needed during the game. Even if both played forward would have been ok too. Not like we’re talking about two like for like players.

Yeah, I thought so. I'm a fan of both WHE and McInnes, but there wasn't the spots for both without someone else going out. Clearly the coaches couldn't identify an option that didn't diminish what they thought was the best team to combat Melbourne so went with the one that was most likely to deliver what they want. I'll leave it there.

Doubt he'll such much time F50, and doubt either WHE or McInnes (if he had been selected) would be getting too many midfield rotations.
Macrae has pretty much spent his time exclusively at half forward since coming back into the side. He had a combined total of 5 cba against West Coast and Adelaide with zero last week against the Bulldogs.

Harry DeMattia - 23 disposals, 7 marks, 1 goal
Jakob Ryan - 20 disposals, 1 goal
Ed Allan - 19 disposals, 6 tackles, 3 clearances
Wil Parker - 18 disposals, 4 marks
Reef McInnes - 17 disposals, 5 tackles, 5 clearances
Ash Johnson - 11 disposals, 5 marks, 4 tackles, 1 goal
illiro Smith - 8 disposals, 6 tackles, 22 hitouts
Josh Eyre (restricted minutes) - 4 disposals, 2 marks

VFL listers:
Campbell Lane - 30 disposals, 2 goals, 6 marks
Sam Glover - 30 disposals, 10 marks
Ryan Sparkes - 23 disposals, 1 goal, 7 marks, 8 tackles, 8 clearances
Tom Wilson - 21 disposals, 1 goal, 6 marks, 4 tackles, 6 clearances
Harry Flynn - 14 disposals, 3 tackles
Harry Mahoney - 13 disposals, 2 goals, 5 marks
Ben Crocker - 11 disposals, 6 marks
Yuyu Ashwin - 10 disposals, 3 tackles
Kaden Schreiber - 9 disposals, 2 marks
Cooper Macdonald - 9 disposals, 4 marks, 2 tackles
Harrison Kennedy - 9 disposals, 3 marks
Patrick Farrant - 8 disposals, 2 goals
Jonathon Tomasiello - 6 disposals, 3 clearances
Liam Purcell - 4 disposals, 20 hitouts

What I saw of him was not good. Several possessions where he ran into trouble, stopped, and then just turned it over. He needs to commit to breaking lines or have better awareness of who is running in support.

DeMattia had a much better game today than I’ve seen from him so far. Cause for optimism.
Glad to hear it!

Context. If we played Sydney next week and they had 7 or 8 first choice players missing I think we might start favourites if near full strength. Melbourne do not have a long in jury list which makes last week's effort all the more deplorable.
I was referring to the VFL ladder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back