Craig Foster, again....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why he is so upset. AFL is currently #1 followed by League, Union and Cricket. Australian soccer simply does not have the talent to ever be a big part of the Australia sporting landscape. Even if we did, the players would ultimately jump ship to Europe to chase the real money. Even having the most passionate of fans (not sure what that has to do with anything anyway?) will not change that. I enjoy soccer quite a lot but only if it's good soccer, which the A-League will never be.

He should just stick to watching the best players in the world do their thing in the EPL and La Liga and learn to live with soccer's small place in Australia.

spanish fly said:
Do you realize all you tools slagging off soccer make yourselves look even more insecure and ignorant than Foster does. Atleast he tries to make a reasoned argument.

I love both footy and football, but ultimately billions of people love football and a few million love footy. Normally the people who constantly announce that the rest of the world are idiots are generally the biggest idiots of all.
No he didn't. It was a pointless ramble. It took until three quarters of the way through before I realised what the actual point of the article was. "21,000 soccer fans make more atmosphere than crowds many time the size"

In fact I'm still confused as to what the point of the article is.

No he didn't. It was a pointless ramble. .

Well, it was Craig Foster, after all...

Those of us who follow both 'Aussie Rules' and 'soccer' know that he is just as irrelevant and agenda driven when he talks about soccer, so don't worry about it too much...

Well, it was Craig Foster, after all...

Those of us who follow both 'Aussie Rules' and 'soccer' know that he is just as irrelevant and agenda driven when he talks about soccer, so don't worry about it too much...
I'm amazed he got through it without mentioning how he wants to have sex with every Brazillian soccer player to ever exist.

Do you realize all you tools slagging off soccer make yourselves look even more insecure and ignorant than Foster does. Atleast he tries to make a reasoned argument.

I love both footy and Soccer, but ultimately billions of people love Soccer and a few million love footy. Normally the people who constantly announce that the rest of the world are idiots are generally the biggest idiots of all.

Foster didnt make a reason argument at all, he just went on about how good Soccer is, it doesnt matter if billions of people like Soccer, it is a piss ant sport in Australia and it always will be.

I love both footy and soccer, but ultimately billions of people love football and a few million love footy. Normally the people who constantly announce that the rest of the world are idiots are generally the biggest idiots of all.

He hasn't made a reasoned argument. He is basically saying that if you like footy, you are rustic and uncultured.

I'm struggling to think of a public figure with bigger chip on their shoulder.
Maybe his gigantic ties are cutting off the circulation to his head?

I wonder if he will ever come to the realisation that calling soccer 'football' in Australia is counter-productive to growing the game of soccer in this country.

I'd also be intersted to know if soccer fans in the States have such an inferiority complex, and call MLS 'football', or are they cluey enough to know that if you say 'football' in America, you are talking about gridiron, just like if you say 'football' in Australia, you are talking about Australian Rules Football?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This bloke is an A grade w@nker who's hobby seems to be slagging off on footy to draw attention to his sport of choice, and it's pitiful "A league". (more like Z league)

Unfortunately poor Craig can't seem to get it into his head that most Aussies don't really give a sh*t about Soccer and never will.
Here's a suggestion for ya Craig - if you want to live in a place where Soccer is the number one sport why don't you move to Europe? Just be sure to buy a one-way ticket you pathetic soccer flog!

He loves his game which is fine, but on a personal level he's a knobend. I worked at SBS for a few years and he was one of the most stuck-up w***ers you ever had the misfortune of running into in the corridors. A toolbox of the highest order.
My mate did work experience there and said he sleeps alot.

Foster didnt make a reason argument at all, he just went on about how good Soccer is, it doesnt matter if billions of people like Soccer, it is a piss ant sport in Australia and it always will be.

Here is the perfect example of my original post. I said "atleast he tried" to make a reasoned arguement, not that he managed to. Whilst the intellectual giant above comes out with the classic

"it doesnt matter if billions of people like Soccer, it is a piss ant sport in Australia and it always will be."

How could you possibly counter such a well thought out and reasoned arguement.

This forum would be much better if parents monitored thier kids posts and stopped them from posting such rubbish.

Here is the perfect example of my original post. I said "atleast he tried" to make a reasoned arguement, not that he managed to. Whilst the intellectual giant above comes out with the classic

"it doesnt matter if billions of people like Soccer, it is a piss ant sport in Australia and it always will be."

How could you possibly counter such a well thought out and reasoned arguement.

This forum would be much better if parents monitored thier kids posts and stopped them from posting such rubbish.
Whatever you may think of the posting quality here, the opinions are not being made in the media by high-profile public figures, as in the case of clowns like Foster.

And he makes no effort to present reasoned arguments as you suggest, rather he attempts to disguise his bitterness, insecurity and outright hate as such. There is a big difference.

Foster's public ramblings do the cause of soccer no good whatsoever in this country, he alienates people away from the game rather than attract them towards it.

I always learned when working in business that you don't win customers by denigrating your opposition, yet that is precisely what this idiot does regularly.

Let him keep going by all means, he is only shooting himself and the game he allegedly purports to love in the foot.

LOL.

I've been in Glasgow on the days of Old Firm games and its not at all a pleasant place to be. In fact, many Glaswegian actually leave the place because of the tension and drunken violence before, during and after an Old Firm game.

Its hardly a joyous celebration of shared sporting passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back