2nds Crows in SANFL season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

If he signed a contract for Norwood for 2017. how can we sign him as Crows SANFL player.

Surely there would be some sort of issue with that?

We must have paid Norwood something?

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk
Assuming Norwood jumped a gun a bit on announcing him signing. Probably only agreed to play for them and then changed his mind when the Crows offer came along?

Assuming Norwood jumped a gun a bit on announcing him signing. Probably only agreed to play for them and then changed his mind when the Crows offer came along?
Darren Jarman likes this

bad man boxing I assume this is what you meant by 'something big in the works'. Great news, Tyson is a good pickup for our reserves.
Played midfield mainly, a little in defence, might find it a bit hard to get a gig every week unless injury intervenes. There's something there to work with for sure, attacks the contest hard....and like Jake had plenty to say off and on the field the last time I saw him play...

Now to get younger brother Connor [Bad Man Boxing?] over to make up the trifecta...;)

http://footyprophet.com/tac-cup-round-13-preview/

NORTHERN KNIGHTS V CALDER CANNONS (SATURDAY, 11AM @ RAMS ARENA)
The struggling Knights host Calder up in Craigieburn and will no doubt welcome the return of Luke Bunker after a fantastic Under-18 Championships for VIC Metro. The hardworking midfielder was one of Metro’s best at the carnival and has averaged 26 disposals at TAC Cup level this year. Calder will go in favourites as they look to cement their finals berth. Tyson Lever, the younger brother of Adelaide’s Jake, has been in cracking form of late, averaging 25 possessions, one goal and nine tackles per game over the past three rounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was playing with Calder Canons. Didn't Norwood have dibs on him? I'd assume he'd play for the legs if not selected in our 2s.
Don't think he can play for 2 SANFL sides. I'd assume he'd be playing local footy like every other top up player does if they're not selected in the squad.

We must have guaranteed him a game to get him from Norwood unless Norwood went cold.

I doubt he'd be guaranteed SANFL level selection either way. With us he gets into an elite level program and gets to train with his brother. I'm sure there's an Ammo club that will take him and playing A1's is probably no different to Norwood reserves should he not make the seniors.

I doubt he'd be guaranteed SANFL level selection either way. With us he gets into an elite level program and gets to train with his brother. I'm sure there's an Ammo club that will take him and playing A1's is probably no different to Norwood reserves should he not make the seniors.
That's assuming he'd be playing Norwood reserves, going to be a lot easier to get a game at Norwood than with us.

That's assuming he'd be playing Norwood reserves, going to be a lot easier to get a game at Norwood than with us.

Maybe, but Norwood's mission statement is to win as many SANFL games as possible, whereas it's no real biggie if we don't select our absolute best team. But if the kid still has AFL aspirations then backing himself in and getting into our program is the best way to keep it alive.

Maybe, but Norwood's mission statement is to win as many SANFL games as possible, whereas it's no real biggie if we don't select our absolute best team. But if the kid still has AFL aspirations then backing himself in and getting into our program is the best way to keep it alive.
So if it's no biggie to select our absolute best team then it's easy for us to guarantee him a game

Being with us could have it's advantages if he's allowed to spend the year training with an AFL quality outfit over an SANFL one. I'm not sure what the financial details would be like either.

In terms of top up players last year, the most used were the following (not including Finals)

Luke Carey - 13 games
Scott Spriggs - 12 games
Dylan Schoenmakers, Trent Herrernan - 10 games
Matthew Leigh - 8 games

Then you've got guys like Matthew Johncock, Wade Hancock, Brock Castree, Mitchell Minns and Matthew Spencley who played 2-4 games.

So an early guess may be that if we select Lever every week we can he may play 10-14 games at most.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Crows in SANFL season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back