2nds Crows in SANFL season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Being with us could have it's advantages if he's allowed to spend the year training with an AFL quality outfit over an SANFL one. I'm not sure what the financial details would be like either.

In terms of top up players last year, the most used were the following (not including Finals)

Luke Carey - 13 games
Scott Spriggs - 12 games
Dylan Schoenmakers, Trent Herrernan - 10 games
Matthew Leigh - 8 games

Then you've got guys like Matthew Johncock, Wade Hancock, Brock Castree, Mitchell Minns and Matthew Spencley who played 2-4 games.

So an early guess may be that if we select Lever every week we can he may play 10-14 games at most.
We had a phenomenal run with injuries last year, so there weren't many positions available for the top-up players. I wouldn't bank on that injury run being repeated.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-01-13/crows-land-another-lever

Tyson Lever (brother of Jake) has signed on as a development player.

Heading to safooty for the melts from the no AFL in the SANFL crowd.

Great news. Can anybody explain how development list works? Do we have any rights to draft or rookie list development players? What if he turns out to be gold like his brother? Inside mid with Jakes talent is pretty much what we lack.

Great news. Can anybody explain how development list works? Do we have any rights to draft or rookie list development players? What if he turns out to be gold like his brother? Inside mid with Jakes talent is pretty much what we lack.
Mystery knee complaint. Maybe never play again.

Become a Crow Rookie

Its a Miracle

;)

I've seen him live on two occasions, the last was only a few months ago here in Ballarat where he didn't find much of it playing predominantly midfield but he did kick a very nice long goal, at this stage he has quite a way to go to be mentioned in the same ball park as Jake, who knows he may develop well in a semi-professional environment at the Crows. IMO there were at least half a dozen mids I saw throughout the year that on what I saw were superior and remained undrafted. Luke Bunker probably the pick of them though I believe he's got a VFL gig.

I've seen him live on two occasions, the last was only a few months ago here in Ballarat where he didn't find much of it playing predominantly midfield but he did kick a very nice long goal, at this stage he has quite a way to go to be mentioned in the same ball park as Jake, who knows he may develop well in a semi-professional environment at the Crows. IMO there were at least half a dozen mids I saw throughout the year that on what I saw were superior and remained undrafted. Luke Bunker probably the pick of them though I believe he's got a VFL gig.

So what do you think the thinking on taking him is then? Maybe the scouts are going on what they saw in him a few years go when he was 14/15? I suppose if he is that far away from AFL then we will get a good idea of whether he is worth rookie listing next year.

So what do you think the thinking on taking him is then? Maybe the scouts are going on what they saw in him a few years go when he was 14/15? I suppose if he is that far away from AFL then we will get a good idea of whether he is worth rookie listing next year.
I think the answer to your question is looking you straight in the face.....:)

And I doubt it's the reason you mention...

When's Jake's contract up for renewal again did you say??;)

Probably thinking it can't hurt to get some more family roots planted in SA since Jake is coming out of contract at the end of the year. Same as what we did for Kurt with setting Joel up to play for Westies. Let's hope Jake isn't a mercenary like Tippett was though

We should be signing up Jake Lever now. No need for the will he - wont he saga. Its an unnecessary distraction. Hope it gets done before the season starts.

I think its the other way around. Jake's trying to look after family, he seems like he'd be pretty strong like that, plus he's not afraid to ask for a favour and so he's asked and the crows have done their best to help out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We both know the media will oush the story, led by Ferret Head, if he is going to sign get it done before it creates an off field disturbance that we don't need
Its actually being led by you at the moment. Don't panic

Its actually being led by you at the moment. Don't panic

If it was Sloane, walker, Talia, I would want them signed, Milera is out this year but that one can wait, Lever needs to be secure you don't want another club throwing cash around at him. An anonymous poster on BF, please no one gives a toss, but when the Ferret puts it in the paper then it gathers momentum

If it was Sloane, walker, Talia, I would want them signed, Milera is out this year but that one can wait, Lever needs to be secure you don't want another club throwing cash around at him. An anonymous poster on BF, please no one gives a toss, but when the Ferret puts it in the paper then it gathers momentum
Where do you think he gets 90% of his material? Its like the news leading with ''Facebook outrage'' when its 5 posts

Hahahhaha I think you might be a little paranoid, are you a little bit of a conspiracy theorist?
From July 2016 post 7011

You do realise Rucci reads your posts he loves you, he will track down this journalist and destroy his career. The ferret loves BF, what did he write I refuse to read his shit

2013 ;)

Go away Rucci!!

Join me brother Marty

146b5e5889cd91a56f8ca2b2287a1ce2.jpg

So you think it was the Danger thing that cost us the final against the Hawks that year.

No but do you think the speculation helped, come on to argue that we shouldn't make every attempt possible to sign up lever prior to the season is ridiculous. It will have an adverse affect whether 1% or 20%, we simply don't need it! to grab a flag you want or attempt to take anything that will affect the team go away. Speculation will run deep if he hasn't signed by the end of the H & A by the media.

It may or may not derail us a little but do you want the club to take that risk?

Hahahhaha you do realise I was being sarcastic to Elite, he hates Rucci, by saying the ferret loves you, not sure if he's keen for a bit of man love! I dont get to stressed by Ferret Head everyone knows he is as biased as they come. Luckily this board isn't as bad and as insular as the Power Board that anytime a comment is written about them in the media they have a melt down, haven't been over for a while but they have threads dedicated to the media and how they feel they get picked on. Now that is one enormous inferiority complex.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Crows in SANFL season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back