Rumour CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS - ALL trade rumours go here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the talk about Shaun Mckernan wanting to leave is rubbish I was at the Balaklava Cup today numerous crows players in the same tent as me (Tippett, Mckernan, Walker, Sloane, Mackay, Henderson and Griffin)
Spoke to Mckernan at length while at the bar and he is as sure as hell he is staying.
Abit off topic but must say bar Jonathon Griffin who was a drunk w***er the players were all more than willing to chat and I gave Henderson the tip for the winner in the cup :)

Good news Viva La Mattner, I at least want to see McKernan given a go at the club.
Hope he surprises a few posters on here.

Schammer is a likely delist, Griff isn't. He's still developing and we've had the pain - someone else will get the gain.

I would do a swap of draft picks, like out 3rd rounder for Freo's 2nd, or something similar given his personal circumstances, which I don't know but I assume must be fairly serious for him to ask for a trade.

Schammer has plenty of go in him, but his disposal is well below average, and that's not what we need, even as a back up or depth player.

I see where you're coming from. I think they're worried about Tippett's contract causing major inflation when the kids come up for renewal. Kurt is on a LOT of coin for someone who really hasn't produced all that much - thanks largely to the GC factor.
Agree completely mate; which is why they need to be even more careful about what they say and how they handle negotiations.

Schammer was in the Freo side that got rolled by Sydney a couple of weeks ago and was bloody terrible. Could put it down to gap in the WAFL vs AFL.

If we could upgrade 3rd rounder to a 2nd rounder as trade for Griffen that would be a much much better outcome for us I'd suggest.

Just when I thought Carlton supporters were delusional I wandered over to the Richmond board. They think they can get Knights for a third rounder or if they're generous a third rounder plus Nahas!

Griff wants to go home for family reasons, right? Compassionate return type stuff, I think one of his close family (possibly his father or grandfather?) is unwell..

Bundle him and our 3rd for Fremantle's 2nd, and let him go home.
More likely him and our 4th for their 3rd.

He has next to no trade value. The alternative is to do a goodwill trade for a 6th or 7th round selection which we'll never use.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, Igloo is right. Ryan Griffen just signed a 2 year deal.

Just putting the rumour to bed that Griff (Our Griff) will be leaving. Has just signed a new 2 year deal

Crap. Good news for the Dogs.

Well number 1 target gone. I really don't expect we're going to land a genuine marquee player.

With J Griff, I heard his dad has cancer, so you can't deny him going home for that (although it was only 3rd hand).
With Knighta, suppose he says to Adelaide (and I don't think he will), please trade me to Collingwood, would you trade for Fraser (he's only 28 I think) or Wood or neither ?

Not even slightly interested in Wood or Fraser.

Given the fact that Collingwood's pick will probably be VERY late in the first round (22-25), I'd be expecting to receive both their 1st AND 2nd round selections in return for Knights. I might consider their 1st and 3rd, but I'd be looking for better options from other clubs before I took them up on it.

I put Knights value as a mid-first rounder, or roughly 8-15 if a singly draft pick were to be involved.

Not even slightly interested in Wood or Fraser.

Given the fact that Collingwood's pick will probably be VERY late in the first round (22-25), I'd be expecting to receive both their 1st AND 2nd round selections in return for Knights. I might consider their 1st and 3rd, but I'd be looking for better options from other clubs before I took them up on it.

I put Knights value as a mid-first rounder, or roughly 8-15 if a singly draft pick were to be involved.

Apparently Essendon were really keen on Griffen and now he is signed I wouldn't be surprised for them to chase Knighta hard. I Knighta does decide to indeed leave we should target the Dons 1st rounder. Think its pick 8.

Apparently Essendon were really keen on Griffen and now he is signed I wouldn't be surprised for them to chase Knighta hard. I Knighta does decide to indeed leave we should target the Dons 1st rounder. Think its pick 8.
Agreed. Wouldn't mind having 3 picks in this draft - pick 8, 14 and 26 (Bock compensation). We could even give them our 3rd as part of the deal and still have 4 picks inside the first 2 rounds. I don't see us taking 5 players in this draft, due to the number of rookie upgrades we're expecting.

This would be a good trade !

I doubt Essendon will give up pick 8 for an injury prone half forward flanker who has had one good year.

When discussing trading, when the trade sounds good, it usually means we are bending the other team over in a big way.

Just putting the rumour to bed that Griff (Our Griff) will be leaving. Has just signed a new 2 year deal
What a dummy.

Injuries looks like they have dereailed the Dogs' 2010 challenge and they won't get near it again for ages.

All their good players are OLD (they are the new Adelaide :eek:) and they won't win a flag in... like... forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back