Rumour CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS - ALL trade rumours go here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's an interesting player. With McLeod and Goodwin leaving plus potentially Doughty moving on soon there is room in our squad for a traditional half back flanker.

There has to be some doubts over Walker's durability after all those shoulder injuries. The pluses are that he fits a hole in our squad and that he adds some pace. I've always like him as a player.

Are there still question marks over his foot skills?

The irony is that you almost need a trade target player to have a few flaws against their name, otherwise they'd never be available.

Exactly! Go through the history books and they'll tell you that your "perfect world" marquee players in their prime generally aren't going to go anywhere. You'll either land an elite player when they're getting on in years, or you'll get someone with other question marks hanging over him. The Judd type trades are once in a blue moon stuff, and as we saw Griffen re-signed today.

Never been a fan of Andrew Walker, but these are the sorts of propositions you're going to be confronted with. Someone with a history, but perhaps the potential to step it up in a new environment. The club's gotta decide who's most worth the punt. Not sure about this particular one though tbh. Wish we had gone after Russell when he was available.

Boyd 28
Cross 27
Eagleton 31
Giansiracusa 28
Gilbee 29
Hahn 29
Hall 33
Hargrave 29
Hudson 31
Johnson 34
Lake 28
Morris 27
Murphy 28

Oh, and before you say these guys aren't in your best 22 please note that all bar Morris are in your team this week. That's a fair slice of players moving out of their prime.

If it doesn't happen this year it's not going to happen. Trust us. We know. The decline comes quicker than you think. We've seen it in our own backyard this year unfortunately.

This year the Dogs have played 14 players with less the 50 games and 7 of those players less than 10 games. Still made top 4

Our 1st round picks from 08 and 09 yet to debut.

2 father sons in the up and coming 2010 Draft.

Our VFL affiliate team Williamstown and Willi 2nd's both finished the Home and Away Season on top of the ladder, both are straight through to the Prelim.

So we have plenty of depth, thanks for asking any way.

Worry about your own back yard:)

He's an interesting player. With McLeod and Goodwin leaving plus potentially Doughty moving on soon there is room in our squad for a traditional half back flanker.

The irony is that you almost need a trade target player to have a few flaws against their name, otherwise they'd never be available.

Agree you rarely going to get a player who another club is not willing to keep. For mine need to look at those that not getting games at current club are on the fringes and therefore obviously need development.

A suggestion for half bank flanker could be Jarrod Atkinson of Essendon not sure what happened to him in 2nd half season but saw him play against the bulldogs round 10 and I was impressed.

Certainly Djerrkura would be another to fit criteria of looking for greater opportunity elsewhere and certainly would add to our forward pressure. Would also look at someone of Gary Moss type who struggles to get a game yet has showed talent.

The footy show reckon they have some nice rumours re big name trades. Will keep posted.

Unless its pick 14 then its not going to work unfortunately! :(
Seriously? For Hurn. From the huge TWO days I've discussed trades with you I think I can safely say you do not put enough value on draft picks. Wouldn't even ponder letting go of the oppurtunity to snap up a Polec or Lamb for Hurn for one second.

I like Walker. It's hard to figure out what they would want from him. He's obviously very talented and a former first-rounder and Carlton see that, but going on their selection moves and his injury history...

It's a tough one. Anybody want to have a stab at what we would have to give up?

Knights + pick 14 > Stanton + pick 8

Done.

Knowing Rendell, and how he generally has a few abstract ratings in his first round (ie Danger at 3 and Davis at 2), we'd probably pick up the same player with pick 8 as we would pick 14, or else probably the next one on the list. Not really worth it IMO, would rather work something out where we get Essendon's pick 8, we keep pick 14 and they keep Stanton.

This year the Dogs have played 14 players with less the 50 games and 7 of those players less than 10 games. Still made top 4

Our VFL affiliate team Williamstown and Willi 2nd's both finished the Home and Away Season on top of the ladder, both are straight through to the Prelim.

Good luck with your VFL premiership. You'll have a matching pair of irelevant spitoons.

You aint won anything wothwhile for 50 years and wont win it any time soon. You've missed the boat again.

Between these kids and your 27+ year olds what is there though?

Hill? Higgins? Minson? Williams?

Don't WB posters spent half their time bagging these guys and talking about how crap/disappointing they are?

Harbrow? Oh well.

You've got a classic Adelaide list. Some nice kids, some classy oldies and some meh in between.

These guys are a fair way off having any sort of impact. And the point is - and this is where the AFC has battled - once these 'fingers crossed they'll be guns' are ready to strut their stuff in a meaningful way that entire list of 27+ year olds I listed above will be gone. It doesn't matter how good your kids are, they won't be able to pick up that level of slack. As we have found out only too well.

Sorry, do any AFL clubs give a stuff about where their affiliate team finishes? Is it a good indicator of future output? If there are good young players running around for Williamston you have a 1/17 chance to grab them, don't see how that helps you. And your listed players who are running around for Williamston aren't good enough to kick Eagleton or Hahn out of the 22 so let's not fall into the trap of judging their ability too highly.

Look, you don't, that's the issue. You've picked up a tiny handful of injuries (seriously you've only got Cooney and Morris missing from your best 22) yet that's enough to completely derail your entire finals chances.

There's depth and there's depth. You might have enough depth to allow you to keep your head above water in the minor round and that's commendable. We certainly didn't. But depth to knock off a decent team in September? I doubt it. Straight sets brewing.

Oh, we are. Don't worry about that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in terms of your Cordy and Howard your 2008 and 2009 first round picks, firstly there is always a risk in drafting talls early (Cordy) and lets be honest Howard was a smokey first round selection....

re your Father / Son selection, I am happy for you however these selections dont always prove to be a steal for a club

finally on VFL success, congrats on the Prelim, however your club is very good at making prelims :D

Alright come on lads, back on topic, who cares about the team from the 'elizabeth' of Victoria?

Stiffy, obviously you are a gun and we all respect you but I think Griffin and our second rounder could land Hurn.

I know Hurn was a first rounder, BUT I don't think he is currently worth a first rounder. Has shown patches, and will flourish here but I think our second rounder and Griffin would be a fair and equitable trade for all teams.

The footy show trade rumours:

Absolutely nothing.

Mundy getting interest from GC and Melbourne clubs.

Hawks leading race for tarrant.

Nathan jones considering options

Alright come on lads, back on topic, who cares about the team from the 'elizabeth' of Victoria?

Stiffy, obviously you are a gun and we all respect you but I think Griffin and our second rounder could land Hurn.

I know Hurn was a first rounder, BUT I don't think he is currently worth a first rounder. Has shown patches, and will flourish here but I think our second rounder and Griffin would be a fair and equitable trade for all teams.
You are probably right and my opinion of Griffin might be influencing my judgment! If we get anything for Griffin I would be pretty happy!

the rumours are that Tambling will walk from Richmond

some Tiger folks are suggesting a Trade to Adelaide for Knights

maybe we should look at Tambling, give hime the #23 jumper and get Macca on board to mentor him.

the rumours are that Tambling will walk from Richmond

some Tiger folks are suggesting a Trade to Adelaide for Knights

maybe we should look at Tambling, give him the #23 jumper and get Macca on board to mentor him.
well, there are few teams in the comp that i don't mind seeing our players at, and Richmond are one of them. if Knights was to leave and join Collingwood, Carlton, St Kilda, Hawthorn, or Bulldogs, i would absolutely hate him!!!

No chance will we get Hurn for that, it would be trade of the past few trade weeks if we managed to pull that off. Hurn is in their leadership group, runner up in the b&f last year, great kick (something in which the Eagles lack) and he is turning 24 next season so he has heaps of good football ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back