Rumour CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS - ALL trade rumours go here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to 'Chef' (Western Bulldogs poster) we are keen on Andrew Walker from Carlton. Said we tried to get him last year but this year he is happy to come is a trade can be orgsnied.

With that said what would we be prepared to offer if we indeed do want him. If he can get his shoulders right he could be a decent pick-up. I was thinking maybe a straight swap with Sellar? Not sure if thats considered over or under paying.

If you read this chef, could you fill us in more with this rumour. Cheers

According to 'Chef' (Western Bulldogs poster) we are keen on Andrew Walker from Carlton. Said we tried to get him last year but this year he is happy to come is a trade can be orgsnied.

With that said what would we be prepared to offer if we indeed do want him. If he can get his shoulders right he could be a decent pick-up. I was thinking maybe a straight swap with Sellar? Not sure if thats considered over or under paying.

Sellar for Walker? Done. Getting very keen on Walker.

Pick 14 + Grif for Hurn? Yeah, No thanks.

We would get laughed out of the building if we offered Sellar for Walker. Walker may not have set the world on fire this year but Sellar is not worth Walker's right hand.

We'd surely have to offer considerably more than that to get Walker.

I think Sellar would be the type of player Carlton need. He has limited options of forcing his way into our team with our KPP depth at both ends and might not have much of a look in ruck next year with Moran back and Smack given an opportunity too. I don't think Walker holds alot of currency at present and that trade could be a win-win for all concerned. Just my opinion

I think Sellar would be the type of player Carlton need. He has limited options of forcing his way into our team with our KPP depth at both ends and might not have much of a look in ruck next year with Moran back and Smack given an opportunity too. I don't think Walker holds alot of currency at present and that trade could be a win-win for all concerned. Just my opinion

If their supporters are anything to go by, walkers value is quite low. I get the feeling that the Carlton powers might disagree. Reckon he might go well with us. Wouldn't mind this trade, provided this isn't the "A grader" we have had our eye on

Hurn will be a great player. If we could land him for Griffin and Pick 14 then we'd be laughing all the way to the bank :D.

I think the club would be relying heavily on Hurn wanting to come home and West Coast wanting Griff :eek: so that they could offer;

Griff + GC compo Pick > WCE for Hurn > Crows

pretty unlikely West Coast would take that but pick #14 of ours probably wont be on the trade table.

What a fantastic recruit Andrew Walker would be. I'm happy to trade out any of our drafts picks except pick 14. Anything after that is a big risk in a compromised draft.

Last year you went after Walker with a more lucrative deal than what Carlton were offering, but he chose to stay loyal and signed with the Blues. Apparently he's had enough and would be happy to be traded to you guys(or another club that will give more of a opportunity) if a suitable trade can be arranged as he still has a year to go on his contract.

I proposed the Andrew Walker option early in the thread so I do hope that the club have a crack at him

IMO Walker would be a fantastic pick up, he is only 25 next year, has played 100 games, can play, HB, HF or mid, has pace and skills are good and in my opinion his best footy is still in front of him......

A change of environment and a fresh challenge could be exactly what he needs....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't Andrew Walker a No.2 Draft pick in his year??

Probably the only way the AFC will ever get a No.2 Draft Pick!!!

I'd be more than happy to have AW on our list, has great pace, line breaking pace actually...yes please!!!

Any issues off field??

There is no chance Carlton would do a Walker - Sellar straight swap. When he strings a few games together he is a very good HBF.. (showed at the start of the year). If Knights decided to leave, shouldn't he be used in the trade? Knights + 4th rounder for Walker + 2nd?

Ane news on Knighta's contract?

This week's rumour has it that he's staying. Stay tuned for next week.

I'm thinking that he's more inclined to be going back to Victoria.

IMO it looks like he's being trying to outlast the B&F with any announcement.

Adelaide have been talking to him and made their offer to him without him getting any indication in return.

I may be wrong, but there's not too many positive indicators there at the moment.

Now that the B&F is over we might get an answer out of him soon.

I'm hoping for the best, but fearing the worst.

There is no chance Carlton would do a Walker - Sellar straight swap. When he strings a few games together he is a very good HBF.. (showed at the start of the year). If Knights decided to leave, shouldn't he be used in the trade? Knights + 4th rounder for Walker + 2nd?
I could live with that trade, seems fair enough.

Wasn't Andrew Walker a No.2 Draft pick in his year??

Probably the only way the AFC will ever get a No.2 Draft Pick!!!

I'd be more than happy to have AW on our list, has great pace, line breaking pace actually...yes please!!!

Any issues off field??

Correct, was #2 behind Cooney, Sylvia was #3 and after that IMO it was a pretty ordinary draft

Rated Walker pretty highly early in his career but he's done **** all ever since his debut really. He's been promising in patches, looks to have turned a corner but hasn't really put it together. He's pretty injury prone- his shoulders are in a pretty bad way. He's been in and out of the Carlton side... mainly due to his inconsistent performances. He's a bit of a clanger king- decision making is a bit of a worry. He's a very good athlete though and a good size. I'd give a 2nd rounder for him probably, nothing more nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back