Rumour CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS - ALL trade rumours go here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed a thread on the D&T board about Nathan Jones and Melbourne not seeing eye to eye, thoughts 22yo nearly 100 games mostly inside i realise but does have an outside game as well,my thought process is if we had him the possibility is he may ease the pressure on Danger allowing him to develop an outside game and use his speed.

lol yeah thats plausible, except for the pick 14 part.

knights = pick 6
we could chuck in our third rounder as well (though that's probably not worth much), but Knights alone should be worth a first rounder, especially considering he is only 23 years old (24 later this month), so has plenty of years left in him.

Wasn't Andrew Walker a No.2 Draft pick in his year??

Probably the only way the AFC will ever get a No.2 Draft Pick!!!

I'd be more than happy to have AW on our list, has great pace, line breaking pace actually...yes please!!!

Any issues off field??

Certainly no significant off-field issues. I think he got caught driving to court to contest an unlicensed driving charge, so perhaps not the brightest spark, but no major issues. The beat-up in Crown last year with Houlihan was a Herald Sun special.

Shoulder wise they seem to be holding up well. As I understand he has shallow sockets in his shoulders. He has had bone grafted on to the joints to deepen the sockets and seems to have fixed the issue (his collarbone gave way in a contest this year before his shoulder which is a pretty good sign). Re-gaining confidence and hunger for the physical contest seems to be the only remnant issue.

Super athlete who at times can really put it together (as in against you guys this year). I thnk he needs a certain amount of freedom in his game so I am not certain that he would gel under Craig's regime...that said he could well be the guy to bring out the best in him too.

Would love him to stay on at Carlton and find the consistency that we neew, but he does have the look of a player who needs a fresh start.

is jarrod roughhead out of contract? would certainly be worth a crack if he was - and would a three team trade be possibly involving andrew walker and hurn. Heard west coast are keen on walker maybe a way to get hurn cheaper to adelaide similiar to the deal in which we got thommo

is jarrod roughhead out of contract? would certainly be worth a crack if he was - and would a three team trade be possibly involving andrew walker and hurn. Heard west coast are keen on walker maybe a way to get hurn cheaper to adelaide similiar to the deal in which we got thommo
Roughhead is contracted. I like that 3 way trade suggestion.

I noticed a thread on the D&T board about Nathan Jones and Melbourne not seeing eye to eye, thoughts 22yo nearly 100 games mostly inside i realise but does have an outside game as well,my thought process is if we had him the possibility is he may ease the pressure on Danger allowing him to develop an outside game and use his speed.

Hell yes. Nathan Jones is just the sort of hard nut that we need at our club and would certainly ease the pressure on all the young players coming through next year. He's a hardened body and is just what we are lacking, we should go for this bloke as hard as we can.:thumbsu:

Hell yes. Nathan Jones is just the sort of hard nut that we need at our club and would certainly ease the pressure on all the young players coming through next year. He's a hardened body and is just what we are lacking, we should go for this bloke as hard as we can.:thumbsu:
I would also like us to go for Nathan Jones, showed a fair bit in the second half of the year last year when he was getting more time in the midfield. With Scully, Trengove etc it has seen him been pushed out of the midfield a fair bit this year and has not been able to be the same player as he was last year. As you have said he is a hard nut and I would also love this sort of player at our club. :thumbsu:

In addition, Jones would raise our average of sleeved players up near the league mean average, a much ignored stat in which our list is severely lacking...

Jones would be borderline best 22 at the Crows IMO. Not worth spending too much on but a solid fringe midfielder if we can get him cheap. Still 22 but just not improving at the rate you would've predicted a few years back.

No thanks to Jarryd Roughead. Contracted or not.

I'm nowhere near as keen on Hurn as some of you so I'm not sure about that 3-way. I actually think I would rather have Walker if it wasn't for his injury issues.

Has the Sherminator been discussed yet? Seems tradeable from a Brisbane POV and is precisely what we need if he plays to his capabilities. Career so far has been a roller-coaster but if we could get him playing at his 2006/2009 level he would be huge for us. Will be 24 at the start of next season.

Hey guys. Was just wondering what the latest was on Knights? Keep hearing stuff to do with my team. Can't see it happening. Hope you guys can keep him. He's a great player to watch when he's injury free.

should we look at Andrejs Everitt :confused:

Andrejs was a 1st round selection, is about 193cm and loves to play as an outside run and carry player

Andrejs is obviously not one of Eade's pet players and a change on environment may see him reach his massive potential

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys. Was just wondering what the latest was on Knights? Keep hearing stuff to do with my team. Can't see it happening. Hope you guys can keep him. He's a great player to watch when he's injury free.

still has not re-signed

you should be used to players being linked to Collingwood, it seems that every player leading up to trade period is linked to the Pies ;)

still has not re-signed

you should be used to players being linked to Collingwood, it seems that every player leading up to trade period is linked to the Pies ;)

Ok thanks:thumbsu:

Yeah I know everyone gets linked with my club. Just adds a bit of extra cash. Just heard something on the radio from Shane Wakelin that's all.

surely adelaide would look very closely at sam jacobs after todays performance?! Dominated the game with 44 hitouts and set up plenty of clearances for juddy and co.

Something about Knights and the Pies last year.

The Maggies offered Leon Davis for Knights in a straight swap last year (which the AFC rejected on the basis of age difference, finals performance history and the further upside they felt was left in Knights).

Everything I've heard from people who know Knighta is along the same lines - loves the AFC, loves living here and won't go - but the longer it drags out, the more nervous you become. Hope we hear something soon.

surely adelaide would look very closely at sam jacobs after todays performance?! Dominated the game with 44 hitouts and set up plenty of clearances for juddy and co.

I've made that suggestion a few time in here but for some strange reasons some of our supporters in here don't rate him. He may not be a lead ruck but a Maric/Jacobs combination would be a handy one.
After seeing Andrew Walker's performance today I wouldn't mind if we got him.

The Maggies offered Leon Davis for Knights in a straight swap last year (which the AFC rejected on the basis of age difference, finals performance history and the further upside they felt was left in Knights).

Everything I've heard from people who know Knighta is along the same lines - loves the AFC, loves living here and won't go - but the longer it drags out, the more nervous you become. Hope we hear something soon.

Why would Collingwood have offered Davis on the back of his AA year and in the same year where he signed a new contract?

Pies may have "enquired" about Knights but it seems farfetched that they offered Davis.

I'd be happy is the Crows had a crack at big Sauce Jacobs. Despite his desire to return to SA (and to Port apparently) the Blues would be made to trade him. I'd ruck him and Warnock and turn Kreuzer into this forward they think he is capable of playing a la Tippett.

I wouldn't touch Andrew Walker with a barge pole, the bloke has made a career of getting injured and going missing.

Why would Collingwood have offered Davis on the back of his AA year and in the same year where he signed a new contract?

Pies may have "enquired" about Knights but it seems farfetched that they offered Davis.

I suspect they felt that the trends in their two careers were about to reach a point of intersection in output, and that Davis (who was just showing signs of coming down from that peak towards the end of last season, and that decline has continued into 2010) capping his year off with an AA guernsey might entice the Crows to send the rising Knights their way. Whether they ever really expected Adelaide to accept, who knows, but it's unequivocal fact that that offer was put forward.

Thought Jacobs was pretty good today against Sydney. Would certainly entertain him as a 2nd ruck at Adelaide if we didn't have to throw the sink at Carlton to get him to the Crows instead of Port.

I suspect they felt that the trends in their two careers were about to reach a point of intersection in output, and that Davis (who was just showing signs of coming down from that peak towards the end of last season, and that decline has continued into 2010) capping his year off with an AA guernsey might entice the Crows to send the rising Knights their way. Whether they ever really expected Adelaide to accept, who knows, but it's unequivocal fact that that offer was put forward.

What are you talking about man? Point of intersection in output? The rising Knights? Unequivocal fact?

This is philosophical dribble. Surely you are taking the piss and having some fun.

As I said, the "enquiry" may be valid as clubs will always ask the question but they do not "offer" players, particularly those who are loyal servants, coming off their best year in their career and having inked a new deal to remain a one club player for life. The very reason this doesn't happen is because of what it is about to transpire at Hawthorn and Brisbane with Campbell Brown and Michael Rischitelli set to leave because of such treatment. Daniel Bradshaw too walked after being disrespected like this. It really compromises the fabric and culture that clubs are built on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back