Rumour CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS - ALL trade rumours go here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said, the "enquiry" may be valid as clubs will always ask the question but they do not "offer" players, particularly those who are loyal servants, coming off their best year in their career and having inked a new deal to remain a one club player for life. The very reason this doesn't happen is because of what it is about to transpire at Hawthorn and Brisbane with Campbell Brown and Michael Rischitelli set to leave because of such treatment. Daniel Bradshaw too walked after being disrespected like this. It really compromises the fabric and culture that clubs are built on.

How can you say something doesn't happen and then give 3 examples of it happening in the last 12 months?

Thought Jacobs was pretty good today against Sydney. Would certainly entertain him as a 2nd ruck at Adelaide if we didn't have to throw the sink at Carlton to get him to the Crows instead of Port.

hasn't Rhode already come out and said that Port wont be trading for a ruckman?

What are you talking about man? Point of intersection in output? The rising Knights? Unequivocal fact?

This is philosophical dribble. Surely you are taking the piss and having some fun.

As I said, the "enquiry" may be valid as clubs will always ask the question but they do not "offer" players, particularly those who are loyal servants, coming off their best year in their career and having inked a new deal to remain a one club player for life. The very reason this doesn't happen is because of what it is about to transpire at Hawthorn and Brisbane with Campbell Brown and Michael Rischitelli set to leave because of such treatment. Daniel Bradshaw too walked after being disrespected like this. It really compromises the fabric and culture that clubs are built on.

If you couldn't see at season's end last year that Knights was fast becoming one of the best half forwards in the game and that Davis was starting to creak (and has continued to struggle in 2010) then I don't know what to tell you. Evidently that's what your club saw, or else they wouldn't have put him on the table.

Not sure to be honest, just referencing the article (or thread?) that mentioned Jacobs has asked to be traded back to Adelaide, and Port in particular (but would not be unhappy with the Crows).

Rhode stated in an article in the advertiser that Port is unlikely to trade for a ruckman while Craigy on 5aa virtually ruled out the Crows trading for a ruckman

Jones would be borderline best 22 at the Crows IMO. Not worth spending too much on but a solid fringe midfielder if we can get him cheap. Still 22 but just not improving at the rate you would've predicted a few years back.

No thanks to Jarryd Roughead. Contracted or not.

I'm nowhere near as keen on Hurn as some of you so I'm not sure about that 3-way. I actually think I would rather have Walker if it wasn't for his injury issues.

Has the Sherminator been discussed yet? Seems tradeable from a Brisbane POV and is precisely what we need if he plays to his capabilities. Career so far has been a roller-coaster but if we could get him playing at his 2006/2009 level he would be huge for us. Will be 24 at the start of next season.

are you really saying no to Jones, Roughead & Hurn, and yes to Sherman?

just wow :eek:

Another name not previously mentioned, but I like the look of is Rhys Stanley. Looked very good in a few games this year, is very quick for a big guy, is an ex SA boy (not that this really matters) and might be developed as a key marking forward.

Hit list would still have Bunga at the top if the story about him wanting home is true, and I iterate the need for a Shane Edwards type.

Rhode stated in an article in the advertiser that Port is unlikely to trade for a ruckman while Craigy on 5aa virtually ruled out the Crows trading for a ruckman

At this rate, I am going to move the Craig file from next to Ayres, and file it next to Shaw as far away from the Blight file as possible,

after all its not like good coaches, you know successful ones, trade for ruckmen.

No he didn't, at least not the way I interpreted it. Without going back and listening again, I believe he said we wouldn't trade for a ruckman unless he was a 200cm+ "dominant type" - which I take to mean anyone over 200cm who we feel can either develop as the number one ruck or already is a number one ruck. Depending on where they see him, it doesn't necessarily rule Jacobs out I suspect.

At this rate, I am going to move the Craig file from next to Ayres, and file it next to Shaw as far away from the Blight file as possible,

after all its not like good coaches, you know successful ones, trade for ruckmen.

I think you've misunderstood the context.

He (came close to) ruling out trading for a ruckman in this trade period.

He didn't express opposition to trading for ruckmen in general.

Hell, he traded for Brad Moran.

he traded for Moran as a defender

No that's not correct crow-mo. Adelaide traded for Moran as a jack-of-all-trades proposition. An option up forward, down back and in the ruck. They weren't entirely sure where they'd settle him if he were to be a component of the side long term, but they liked the attributes he offered and thus went for him.

The "find a match up for Buddy at all costs" thing was a media take-and-run following the 07 debacle, and one or two quotes from the club got caught up in that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No that's not correct crow-mo. Adelaide traded for Moran as a jack-of-all-trades proposition. An option up forward, down back and in the ruck. They weren't entirely sure where they'd settle him if he were to be a component of the side long term, but they liked the attributes he offered and thus went for him.

The "find a match up for Buddy at all costs" thing was a media take-and-run following the 07 debacle, and one or two quotes from the club got caught up in that.

oh please. it was widely discussed at the time, and by your own admission the club.

my surprise at someone who claims to disagree, and then proceeds to prove my point.

he was recruited as a defender.

You're failing to make the distinction between there being a lot of discussion following the Buddy final, both from club, media, and supporters, and what the club said Moran himself was recruited for. Moran was recruited as a jack of all trades - they liked his potential in all positions. Club has stated that multiple times.

Good grief.

the ruckmen we should have traded for at the end of last year also played today - shane mumford would have been exactly what we needed i feel

moran = jack of all trades master of none

are you really saying no to Jones, Roughead & Hurn, and yes to Sherman?

just wow :eek:
What's wrong with you mate? Do you really think Jones, Roughy, Hurn and Sherman all come at the same price? If that was the case I would probably rank Sherman last.

I am considering each case on it's merits and the fact is we wouldn't have to give up much at all to grab Shermo, who has a huge upside and brings exactly what we are lacking when performing to his capabilities. A 23 year old lightning-quick goal-kicking midfielder who can play as a crumber up forward. Takes the game on, runs and carries and has shown an ability to be a gamebreaker an amazing number of times in 06 and 09. His rate of improvement has been extremely erratic and he's coming off a year where he was in and out of one of the worst teams in the league. But that's why his value has dropped to a level where we can reallistically target him and both Brisbane and Sherman would consider a deal. IMO he is one of the guys mentioned who could flourish with a fresh start.

Jarryd Roughead. If he was actually up for trade we would be bidding for a plethora of clubs who actually have a glaring need for a key-forward and giving up a whole lot for him while Tex Walker considers his future at the club. We have no need for Roughead. I highly doubt anyone misunderstood that as "Sherman's a better player than Rough".

Bunger Hurn: I rate him, just not as highly as most Adelaide people. I'm not one to get caught up in stats, but he is one who would have to do a lot more to warrant a first round pick changing hands. Averaged less than 16 touches a game this year as the focal point of WCE's rebounding. Plus he's another who has had his injury worries. Still 23 but I don't see where further improvement would come from other than possibly his endurance. Again, give me a choice between Hurn and Sherman, I take Hurn. He fills another of our holes as a lethal rebounding kicker out of defence. That doesn't mean I'll let go of pick 14 for him.

Jones, as I said, is borderline best 22 at the Crows. If I'm picking our best 22 from our current list with Jones added I am choosing between him, Symes and Dogga for the last bench spot. Sherman would be in a similar position, but he carries greater upside and lower trade value.

I see I have to watch my posts around you and I hope to find the time to provide such detailed yet seemingly obvious explanations to each player I consider.

I am considering each case on it's merits and the fact is we wouldn't have to give up much at all to grab Shermo, who has a huge upside and brings exactly what we are lacking when performing to his capabilities. A 23 year old lightning-quick goal-kicking midfielder who can play as a crumber up forward. Takes the game on, runs and carries and has shown an ability to be a gamebreaker an amazing number of times in 06 and 09. His rate of improvement has been extremely erratic and he's coming off a year where he was in and out of one of the worst teams in the league. But that's why his value has dropped to a level where we can reallistically target him and both Brisbane and Sherman would consider a deal. IMO he is one of the guys mentioned who could flourish with a fresh start.

Agree 100%. As I've said before lets get him and then draft another Tassie boy in Josh Green.
Sherman will be perfect for us. Be really dissapointed if we don't go after him hard.

You're failing to make the distinction between there being a lot of discussion following the Buddy final, both from club, media, and supporters, and what the club said Moran himself was recruited for. Moran was recruited as a jack of all trades - they liked his potential in all positions. Club has stated that multiple times.

Good grief.

I don't need to make a distinction that only exists in your opinion.

what we do know, also by your admission, is that Moran was discussed at the time by the media, the supporters on here, and the club as a defender.

end of.

What's wrong with you mate? Do you really think Jones, Roughy, Hurn and Sherman all come at the same price? If that was the case I would probably rank Sherman last.

I've ignored the rest of your post, as it adds nothing beyond this first point.

who cares about the price? as long as its what we want.

arguing that we shouldn't trade for better players, because they will cost more is insane.

I've ignored the rest of your post, as it adds nothing beyond this first point.

who cares about the price? as long as its what we want.

arguing that we shouldn't trade for better players, because they will cost more is insane.
Are you serious? If that was the case then all 16 clubs are being run by lunatics.

By that ridiculously flawed logic, Gary Ablett is the only player worth trading for, regardless of the cost. An exaggeration, but that is what you're saying.

We are not choosing one player out of a group here, it is not a draft. What is insane is to suggest value does not come into the equation at all during trade week. Sometimes you have to take the Ford over the Ferrari if it means keeping your house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back