Rumour CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS - ALL trade rumours go here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we have to play him in the forward line? Play him in the middle/flank/wing/back/bench whatever. The man can play anywhere.
Craig wants him up forward.

In his 5AA interview he highlighted that an 'inexperienced forward line' was one of our problems this year. So we are recruiting to rectify that 'problem.'

like many others I too say no to Pav, we need to invest in Tippett, Walker and Heno up forward....

those who are suggesting to move Tippett to the ruck, why would we do this, Tippett easily took the most contested marks in the comp inside the forward 50 in 2010, second was daylight, once Tippett sorts out his accuracy he will rank along side the best forwards in the comp.

re Pav playing in the midfield, I cant see Pav wanting to play out his career in the middle, he will want to play forward to add a year or two to his career...

memo to NC

maybe the best way to overcome an inexeperience forward line is to keep playing them so they can gain experience

Pav will cost us too much, and at the age of 29, i don't think we need him anymore. i think Pav should just stay loyal and remain at Freo until his retirement, because in terms of coming home, he offers us too little, too late.
Yep. If this was 3 years ago I'd be getting excited. Pointless now.

And I would really like to see Hurn in our side. Always liked the way he goes about it. Heard a rumour that B Waters wants to come home too. But anyone can start a rumour.

So West Coast playing Dean Cox in the ruck is a mistake?
has Dean Cox been played up forward before? WCE forward line isn't that great (except LeCras, who is awesome), so if he was that good up forward, why haven't they invested some recruiting or time in another ruckman (ie, played Seaby as no.1 ruck when he was in the side...and Cox up forward). Cox is a talented ruckman, but as a forward, i wouldn't think so.

Craig wants him up forward.

In his 5AA interview he highlighted that an 'inexperienced forward line' was one of our problems this year. So we are recruiting to rectify that 'problem.'

No we are recruiting to save his job as he and everyone else who follows football knows he cannot develop players from scratch.

i just can't see how we can fit him into our forward line without pushing Walker or Tippett out. i know others want Tippett to ruck, but his talent is too good to waste in the ruck.

So West Coast playing Dean Cox in the ruck is a mistake?

edit: sorry some weird server thing made this post appear twice??

No we are recruiting to save his job as he and everyone else who follows football knows he cannot develop players from scratch.

That's completely unfair on Craig.

Have a look at Adelaide's trading history since he has been in charge.

He has always gone to the draft and opted to develop kids.

Neil Craig is well within his rights to do what he thinks is best for the AFC and he obviously realises the list has a few holes it needs to fill and perhaps the best way to go about it is to finally get involved in trade week and recruit for that needs basis.

I'm sure he won't "sell the clubs soul" in order to get what he wants but he may decide to test the waters and do the odd unpredictable thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO Pav is one of those players that if he is available, you just get him to your club.

He would significantly improve our team.

He wouldn't be around for too long, would be a fairly big gamble. One I'm not too sure that I would take myself.

Hurn would be my number one target, personally.

That is arguably the most uneducated comment on Bigfooty and considering the sort of crap that gets posted here, your claim is beyond ridicilous!

If anything, it is Craig's strength to the point where its also his fault because he would always prefer to develop talent than go out and get ready made players.

I think the list has come to the point where its stacked with quality youth that Craig has drafted and developed or is still developing. Now we need to recruit ready made players for roles that we have not covered via draft and to add more experience to our playing list.

As things stand now, next year Doughty will be our oldest and most experienced player! We are in desperate need on middle aged developed players and thats not because Craig hasn't developed youngsters its because for a few years prior to Craig taking over our drafting and player development has been shithouse. If we were any good at it we would not have the likes of Angwin, Watts, Jericho, Schuback would be carrying this team and be the experienced mid aged players that we are in need of.

If you ignored the rest of his post, how do you know what it added? FWIW, he makes excellent points and fully justifies his position. Whether you agree or not, why ask the question if you're not prepared to read the answer. Oh yeah that's right, thats how you roll.

As for your comment on price, thats just idiotic.

meh its you after all, but even still can you give a logical reason people should only shop in the bargain bin?

especially if they have currency & needs beyond that?

now now you know very well there is another list as well! ;)

Indeed.

My point is that the irrational extremes on this board in that Craig is a coaching Messiah or alternatively the worst coach in the history of the game that are so frequently floated here are particularly stupid.

Especially when they're backed up with nothing but evidence to the contrary.

People here need to work out that Craig lies somewhere in the middle, most likely on the side of the better coaches and learn to think in shades of grey instead of absolutes.

The only problem with that theory is that if you want a genuine A grade talent, then they make at at any club regardless of the circumstances. Those genuine A graders are the ones that you have to pay big.

The players that you are bringing up are B or C graders which alone will NOT get you to the promised land. To hold up that trophy you need a handfull of genuine A graders and they you surround them with the sort of players you are advocating.

i wish were more surprised that so many people can't understand this.

Indeed.

My point is that the irrational extremes on this board in that Craig is a coaching Messiah or alternatively the worst coach in the history of the game that are so frequently floated here are particularly stupid.

Especially when they're backed up with nothing but evidence to the contrary.

People here need to work out that Craig lies somewhere in the middle, most likely on the side of the better coaches and learn to think in shades of grey instead of absolutes.

to b fair few people suggest Craig is a bad coach, he's been a decent to good coach.

the question remains is whether that is as much as we should hope for.

there are a lot more people mistakenly calling him a great coach than there are calling him a bad one.

a decent coach whose time is up imo.

i wish were more surprised that so many people can't understand this.

People understand it, it's just not that easy to catch those big players.. They usually are very happy to stay where they are.. And they are well looked after where they are.. They don't want to move and of course their club doesn't want to lose them..

I think we'd all love some A graders at the Crows but what are we going to give to get them also? Really we need a few A graders, not just one.. And..
Not too often do the real top line players move around in trade week..

They are drafted and developed.. Solution: fall near the bottom of the ladder for a while to get the Pendlebury, Franklin, Hodge, Riewoldt, Judd, Goddard types but Craig is totally against this and knows the SA public will lose the plot and not stand for it..

In today's football though, it's near impossible to win a flag unless you get some good picks to load up with the real top line players..

unless he's going to take a pay cut and effectively walk out on freo demanding a return to sa, then no way whatsoever. he's in a prime possy to sign a 3 year deal with freo, 2 of which will be veteran where he will effectively be able to double his salary. in terms of sal cap that makes him too expensive for us. if we have trade on even terms, then first round pick & a van berlo type is far too expensive for a player with 2 years at his best to be followed by a slow or rapid decline.

BUT, if the club comes forward and explains that we are mortgaging our future for a flag in the next 2 years and pav is the key ingredient, then i think we can mortgage our future for that. but they won't be upfront and even if they were, and we failed, then there wouldn't be any ramifications to the decision makers.

if he was to come over, i'd like him at chb. it will likely be the best possy to prolong his career. ready made aa chb. and when things aren't going right, he can pinch-hit in middle or forward. but, if i was forced to recruit him, he would be a designated chb with pinch-hitting status. our forward line and midfield rotations would be largely unchanged (except for young/quick mid(s).

That is arguably the most uneducated comment on Bigfooty and considering the sort of crap that gets posted here, your claim is beyond ridicilous!

If anything, it is Craig's strength to the point where its also his fault because he would always prefer to develop talent than go out and get ready made players.

I think the list has come to the point where its stacked with quality youth that Craig has drafted and developed or is still developing. Now we need to recruit ready made players for roles that we have not covered via draft and to add more experience to our playing list.

As things stand now, next year Doughty will be our oldest and most experienced player! We are in desperate need on middle aged developed players and thats not because Craig hasn't developed youngsters its because for a few years prior to Craig taking over our drafting and player development has been shithouse. If we were any good at it we would not have the likes of Angwin, Watts, Jericho, Schuback would be carrying this team and be the experienced mid aged players that we are in need of.

I agree with this however I would have thought Pav falls outside this age bracket which for mine is approx 24-26 age bracket. Not so long ago people mentioned that trading or losing Bock for high draft picks because of his age and injury concerns was good for us, so know we are going to give early draft picks away to bring in exactly what we were happy to get to lose. ie Bock to GC for retirement contract = Pav to Crows for retirement contract.

meh its you after all, but even still can you give a logical reason people should only shop in the bargain bin?

especially if they have currency & needs beyond that?

And there's the key word. Again, it is not a case of one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back