Rumour CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS - ALL trade rumours go here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well if we are targetting a ruckman, Jacobs sounds a lot better than Fraser.

i know Pav is an amazing player, but seriously, is he worth $1M a year??? if he gets paid that much, how much are Judd or Ablett valued at, $1.3-$1.5M/year?

Yep. Would be cheaper, and he still hasn't hit peak age for a ruckmen

Fraser is past it. Much more upside to Jacobs as a long term option ready for a proper flag assault in 2012 and 2013. Fraser won't last that long

I'd imagine Pav wants to come to Adelaide (if the rumoured scenario is true) and he is trying to get the maximum price out of us... Offer 900 and meet in the middle.

Pav is a champion who still has a number of good years in him. Would be invaluvable to our side. GET HIM.

Yep. Would be cheaper, and he still hasn't hit peak age for a ruckmen

Fraser is past it. Much more upside to Jacobs as a long term option ready for a proper flag assault in 2012 and 2013. Fraser won't last that long
i actually think if it came down to the trading of these two players, Jacobs would attract a higher bid than Fraser would.

he certainly is. just check out the 1st round picks he failed to develop.

however, Alex is 100% right you guys just can't your head around it.

Craig has been all about the long term development, up til now.
however, he needs an impact NOW. if he has another "development" year he's out of a job.

which is why I am worried we'll make an illadvised move for pav, who will buy time but I can't see him providing value for money or being there for a flag tilt.

No need to respond to anyone else, this is correct. If he misses the 2011 finals - he is out of a fob, hence why he will recruit to save his job.

If his development of younger players was as awesome as everyone says it is, this would be the year we would do zero trades as he NOW has the cattle to unleash. However, all of a sudden he is saying we must trade. But why, to save his job as he cannot develop younger players.

If we give up 2 first round picks, Griffin and another player for Pavlich - we will be screwed for a long time as he is only after saving his job. It should be and i'm sorry Fremantle but we're screwing you over to get Pavlich but it should be pick 14 for Pavlich or nothing.

We all know Pavlich is worth much, much more than that but in the best interest of the Adelaide Crows - we cannot afford to give up anything more than pick 14

It is not Neil Craig's decision whether we trade for Pavlich. While he would push for it, ultimately it would come down to Rendell and Harper.

A few weeks ago I was pretty against Pavlich coming to the Crows but considering Edwards, Goodwin, Burton, Hentschel and McLeod are gone I would be very pleased if he came our way.

Get Jacobs. Now.

I hope we do too.

Was reading the Carlton board and the players being mentioned going the other way were a bit of an overvalue:
- Davis
- Sloane
- Knights

All were mentioned in straight swaps. As was our first pick!
What would market value be, considering Mumford only fetched a 2nd rounder last year?

Knights for Jacobs and 2nd rounder?

he certainly is. just check out the 1st round picks he failed to develop.

however, Alex is 100% right you guys just can't your head around it.

Craig has been all about the long term development, up til now.
however, he needs an impact NOW. if he has another "development" year he's out of a job.

which is why I am worried we'll make an illadvised move for pav, who will buy time but I can't see him providing value for money or being there for a flag tilt.

lol

Trade trade trade crow mo.

There is only now, no point planning for a future that may never come.

Doesnt matter the cost, right? No one thinks or cares about what we paid for Jarman and Mcleod, we could pay double...etc etc.

Make up your mind.

The latest Steven Rowe rumour is that Pav is interested in returning.....
He reckons:
1) Gold Coast have offered him $1.1M per year over 3 years.
2) Collingwood have offered him $900K per year.
3) The Crows have offered him $800K per year over 3 years.
4) His preferred destination is Adelaide, but wants them to cough up another $200K per year.
5) Crows and Freo agreed to Crows first 2 picks, griffen, and another undisclosed player.

Take it as you like, but he also reckons Alistair Clarkson either met with Port in Melbourne today or is on a plane to Adelaide as we speak. So it looks like its his typical star-gazing.
i hope this player is Jarrhan Jacky (isn't he from WA?), if it was anyone else, i think i would be disappointed.
I hope we do too.

Was reading the Carlton board and the players being mentioned going the other way were a bit of an overvalue:
- Davis
- Sloane
- Knights

All were mentioned in straight swaps. As was our first pick!
What would market value be, considering Mumford only fetched a 2nd rounder last year?

Knights for Jacobs and 2nd rounder?
Mumford fetched pick 28 last year, so i would think our 2nd round pick (32) in a straight swap for Jacobs.

Apparently there is a mega deal in place involving Adelaide, Collingwood, Fremantle and C Knights, J Fraser, L Davis & R Palmer & draft picks but I think it means Knights & Palmer to Collingwood, Fraser to Adelaide, Davis to Fremantle.
J Griffin & Schammer might be linked up as well
Well that deal would royally screw us over, and benefit Collingwood to no end.

I doubt any of the specifics re the rumour are true but as to the 'unknown player'...Nathan van Berlo?

WA boy, home to play with brother, would fill a leadership void (though prob not as captain), enough status to have some weight in the trade.

If it were pick 14 + Griffin + van Berlo....SOLD!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt any of the specifics re the rumour are true but as to the 'unknown player'...Nathan van Berlo?

WA boy, home to play with brother, would fill a leadership void (though prob not as captain), enough status to have some weight in the trade.

I'm sorry but we can't sell our Captain in waiting who we've developed into a leader to get some guy that may play 3 years. (even if that some guy is a superstar)

Pavlich would be nice but we are just not in a position to offer Freo what they would want in return for him.

Apparently there is a mega deal in place involving Adelaide, Collingwood, Fremantle and C Knights, J Fraser, L Davis & R Palmer & draft picks but I think it means Knights & Palmer to Collingwood, Fraser to Adelaide, Davis to Fremantle.

If we traded Knights for Fraser, I would put a flaming bag of dog shit on the doormat at West Lakes... And hope it possibly burnt the place down.

We couldn't trade VB either, we'd end up like Brisbane after they tried to offload Rischetelli.

I'm sorry but we can't sell our Captain in waiting who we've developed into a leader to get some guy that may play 3 years. (even if that some guy is a superstar)

Pavlich would be nice but we are just not in a position to offer Freo what they would want in return for him.

I'd easily sell vB for 3 years of Pavlich.

In any case, we'll have plenty of captaincy options in 3 years.

If we traded Knights for Fraser, I would put a flaming bag of dog shit on the doormat at West Lakes... And hope it possibly burnt the place down.

We couldn't trade VB either, we'd end up like Brisbane after they tried to offload Rischetelli.

Except Rischetelli is a far better player.

And Pavlich is a better option than Fevola.

But re the Knights/Fraser garbage I'd certainly be adding to that pile!

For those of the of the opinion pav is too old and not worth recruiting to the club, it's worth remembering that Darren jarman was 30 years old in 1997 when he won us our first flag. Pavlich will also be 30 in 2012 when we are ready to have a serious crack at the flag. Pavlich and Jarman, whilst different types of players are still in the same class and pav could still have a big impact for us IMO

I'm thinking the unknown player might come from a Melbourne based club, and is part of the Knights trade.

ie Essendon get Knights & Mundy, Freo gets Griffen & Jetta & plus picks & we get Monfries & Pav.

I wouldn't be against trading for Pavlich, but 2 first round draft picks is to much.

This Jacobs bloke from Carlton sounds like a good bet though...

I'm thinking the unknown player might come from a Melbourne based club, and is part of the Knights trade.

ie Essendon get Knights & Mundy, Freo gets Griffen & Jetta & plus picks & we get Monfries & Pav.
Haha, Freo wouldn't in a million years give up Pav and Mundy for a fringe ruckman, inconsistent midfielder and draft picks. That'd be be the true definition of 'screwing over' if that was to eventuate, which it won't. And Monfries just signed a new deal I thought?

Or what you have not considered is that our list has reached a certain point where we are now comfortable to cover up the holes with trading?!

This about it, when Craig took over our list was one of the oldest in the competition. IIRC it was top 5 in average age. Since them he has dramatically turned over the list to the point where we will be one of the youngest in the competition next year. Certainly top 5 youngest.

Over the last 5 years, one of Craig's biggest criticisms was his unwillingness to trade and willingness to only go for the draft or young players via trade. Look at the trades that we have done in Craig's time and its all been for young players that still have development in them.

Now we have reached the point of having some good to great young talent on the list but with the retirings of legends we are lacking experience and happen to have some major cash freed up in the salary cap. It is exactly the right time to make a move for experienced players.

I don't think its about saving his job, which IMHO is just rubbish. Its about balancing a list by the means that has become available to the club. We have some really good youngsters with genuine A grade talent that still needs to be developed. IMHO Tippett, Walker, Dangerfield, Mackay, Davis and Porplyzia are genuine A grade "potential" talent. And on top of that we have some great complementary pieces to these guys. What we lack is experienced genuine A graders and Craig and the club have gone out trying to land that fish. Its the reason they had a crack at Griffin as their #1 target and its a reason they are interested in Pavlich.

Its got nothing to do with Craig wanting to save his job. I understand Craig has his faults that are key reasons behind our spiral down the ladder this year but I think Alex and in this particular post yourself are taking the opposite extreme.

Sorry Stiff,

I just do not accept that this is all part of a carefully balanced and judged master plan.

last year we had NO needs at all, and this year... not buying it.

That so called mega deal as you've got it would never happen. :thumbsdown:

Colloingwood get Knights and Palmer for a dud that can't get a game with them approaching the end of his career?? Nup.

Knights is the gun in that group, so I'd see it as

Adelaide lose Knights, gain Palmer and Fraser (Yuk).

Colligwood lose Davis and Fraser, gain Knights.

Freo lose Palmer, gain Davis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back