Rumour CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS/PROPOSALS - ALL trade rumours & proposals go here! (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS - ALL trade rumours go here! (Part 2)

Yes I think it would......

it may just be a 3rd rounder for our 5th rounder or something like that.

Not for a moment am I suggesting a first or second round pick.

what about

Knights and Sellar for Jacobs and Walker, and maybe an exchange of picks if needed

Ryan Murphy..a First Round pick in 2oo3. Only played 48 games at Fremantle but is a dead eye kick in WAFL. Trade for Griffin. What are your thoughts?
That's what is known as a lose-lose.

Ryan Murphy biggest claim to fame is as a trivia question. Which player kicked the only goal for Fremantle in the 2009 loss to the Crows at AAMI?

Ryan Murphy..a First Round pick in 2oo3. Only played 48 games at Fremantle but is a dead eye kick in WAFL. Trade for Griffin. What are your thoughts?

I do believe that Murphy has the tools to go well however I dont think he would want to come to Adel where he has serious competition for a key forward role

Carlton, Essendon, West Coast or a Fevless Brisbane would be Ideal for Murphy

Hudson did not re-sign due to the fact that the Crows didn't offer him a long enough contract. The fact is that Craigy hated Hudson and Hudson hated Craig... Throw in the fact that Huddo wanted to be home he was always going to leave.

I'd hardly call Victoria home for Ben Hudson. He may have been born there, but he spent most of his years in Queensland before heading back to play for the Dogs. Wouldn't have thought that was much of a factor for him.

That's what is known as a lose-lose.

Ryan Murphy biggest claim to fame is as a trivia question. Which player kicked the only goal for Fremantle in the 2009 loss to the Crows at AAMI?

And he got dropped for the next week

Everitt... Still not getting picked, and they debut a kid a final.

He'll be on the move, for sure. Can't hurt to ask the questions.

Those facts don't prove either of our opinions, and you know it as well as I do. They can be used to explain both possibilities - that he simply wanted a longer contract, or that he wanted out and came up with a condition he knew the Crows would reject but his preferred club would not, giving him a "reason" to leave.

Sure, one theory is a bit more paranoid than the other, but neither are proved or otherwise by the lengths of the contracts offered.

this is wrong. and cannot be used to prove a fantasy conspiracy without any basis, evidence or logical consistency.

as time goes on, people repeat this chinese whisper style - see james37- forgetting there was never any basis for this. the facts are on public record.

incidently that contract he knew would never be accepted was bare minimum market value.

hard to believe anyone would think a player was engineering his way out of a contract by asking for market, giving the club the chance to match, going public to put pressure on club to match - if you were not prepared to stay.

his requests were reasonable, not inflated. this is the problem with that element of the conspirqcy theory!!

all of that is verifiable, whereas NONE of othe so called other theory is. not exactly 50/50 now is it?

heck why did the doggies give him a hear he didn't want???

there is nothing consistent with Hudson's behaviour with someone who wanted out no matter what. which is why no one offers anything to suggest there is.

if the club believed he didnt want to stay why not call his bluff? that's not an inconvenience to the argument its anothe harpoon!

mumford got the same contract as rookie 2 years later. hardly ambit claim.

we lost hudson cause we ****ed up, accept it. :)

Pretty close to the mark I reckon, assuming Sellar is not a lost cause.

IMO not a lost cause however needs to be at a club that provides him the opportunities to play foward

Interesting. Must have been lazy on the training track because his second efforts at the footy on game day were superb...

they still are.

hudson was soooo lazy he finished top 6 in the B&F in 2008.

think the other bloke has pants on fire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Say Mackie says he wants to come to the Crows and only the Crows... Pick 33?

this is wrong. and cannot be used to prove a fantasy conspiracy without any basis, evidence or logical consistency.

as time goes on, people repeat this chinese whisper style - see james37- forgetting there was never any basis for this. the facts are on public record.

incidently that contract he knew would never be accepted was bare minimum market value.

hard to believe anyone would think a player was engineering his way out of a contract by asking for market, giving the club the chance to match, going public to put pressure on club to match - if you were not prepared to stay.

his requests were reasonable, not inflated. this is the problem with that element of the conspirqcy theory!!

all of that is verifiable, whereas NONE of othe so called other theory is. not exactly 50/50 now is it?

heck why did the doggies give him a hear he didn't want???

there is nothing consistent with Hudson's behaviour with someone who wanted out no matter what. which is why no one offers anything to suggest there is.

if the club believed he didnt want to stay why not call his bluff? that's not an inconvenience to the argument its anothe harpoon!

mumford got the same contract as rookie 2 years later. hardly ambit claim.

we lost hudson cause we ****ed up, accept it. :)

I'm not sure how you can so vigorously argue that something is false without evidence. Yes, your version of events is backed up by the facts, but that doesn't mean that other possibilities are not. Which part of the Crows offering a two year contract, as was a stated policy of theirs for non-elite players, and the Bulldogs coming up with a three-year counter-offer, which Hudson proceeded to take, is incongruent with the theory that Hudson wanted to leave the Crows regardless of the length of the contract and saw this as a convenient opportunity to do so? It's entirely plausible that both the stated facts, and the above scenario, could have occurred. Hell, Hudson may have seen it as an opportunity for him to both leave, and leverage an extra year or some money on a contract.

I agree, the other possibility, where Hudson simply wanted more years that we were willing to give, fits the set of facts more tightly, but that doesn't mean that we should reject the looser fit. We don't really know what happened, but nothing that did happen precludes the theory that Hudson was gone regardless of contractual length. For a poster who is usually the one to avoid tunnel vision, I'm surprised you're so vehement in your rejection of a perfectly plausible theory, and one that matches up with sentiment at the time. I certainly recall Hudson and the club being at odds throughout the season before he moved on. It's not as though the theory that Hudson had made his mind up long before we looked at his contract extension is entirely without base.

Oh, and as for the club "calling his bluff", really? Should they have offered him a three year contract just to "call his bluff"? What do you think every other player looking to get a longer contract would do after that? You don't call someone's bluff by offering them a contractual agreement you're not willing to fulfil.

Edit: Not sure what you're driving at with your comment about market value, either. For all we know, several other clubs offered him a deal, and the Bulldogs had the best deal. Hard to see how his best offer can be termed "bare minimum market value".

I somehow doubt Geelong would be willing to let Mackie go for only pick 33, but hell, if that was the offer I'd take it for certain.
Yeah it's way underpaying obviously. Just wondering what would happen if he demanded the trade.

what about

Knights and Sellar for Jacobs and Walker, and maybe an exchange of picks if needed

So;

Sellar for Jacobs

Knights for Walker

Yea, no thanks.

And Mackie - why?

He's a good player, but he's not what we're desperate for.

Would have to be a first rounder + a dodgy player for mackie imo. If they are going to trade him which I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt (dropped for 1 game :/ woop wee) it wouldnt be for a player they have to pay lots for like a knights because they would want to help ease their salary cap. First rounder + someone like Cook and I still think that would be a bargin for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back