Rumour CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS/PROPOSALS - ALL trade rumours & proposals go here! (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS - ALL trade rumours go here! (Part 2)

jo172 - your attempts at humour and not well received

and they bloody well would want to be attempts at humour :D

In terms of laughing at the Carlton Board yes, yes they are.

Stupid suggestion...

At least I am on here trying to put some perspective to what might actually happen....

Please do not taint us all with the same brush!

I was just about to post that on your board

but I can't be bothered, I gather you all know who has a clue and who doesn't over there.

however one of the joys of Bigfooty is the opposites you can get from the discussion of a player

the thing that makes me laugh more is when people stop posting in speculation and start making threats (i.e fine don't deal with us, we'll get him in the PSD) and statements of "fact" (eg the fact is he is only worth x)in relation to bigfooty trades.

I love passion, but far out!

the thing that makes me laugh more is when people stop posting in speculation and start making threats (i.e fine don't deal with us, we'll get him in the PSD) and statements of "fact" (eg the fact is he is only worth x)in relation to bigfooty trades.

My personal pet peeve is comparisons to past trades.

The Collingwood gave up 14 for Wood therefore we should get better than 14.

Attractive logic, but an utter fallacy.

Andrew Mackie has been reportedly dropped for the Semi against Fremantle, if he is unhappy, could we make a play?

I think he has alot to offer or is he too similar to Davis/Otten?

Re: Young gun

Very much a fan of chasing Redden, and he seems very much in the mould the Crows like (hard nut, good fitness/endurance, good height, etc). What would it take to get the deal done? Would our second rounder be enough, or would we need to trade for some extra picks to make the deal happen? (I'm assuming none of our players would go to Brisbane, though if we get Jacobs, they can have Moran :eek:)

No need to get too worked up about trading scenarious. There will be suggestions both ridiculous and sublime on every single club board, and it will only intensify in the coming weeks. Easy to pick up on the ridiculous suggestions and use that as a representation of the entire board...I mean some wag on here even suggested Jacobs and Wlaker for Knights.

I see poomonkey has found a nice branch over here to hang out on. Feel free to keep him as part of any trade that may eventuate between our clubs (or even if one doesn't).

I agree with this version of events as well, but even so, it's the only time I can remember someone leaving us with a longer contract elsewhere given as a reason.

there is nothing to agree with facts prove otherwise.

player - want 3 years
club - he wants 3 years
doggies - here you go, 3 years
BF - it wasn't about the years

sure. OK :D

No need to get too worked up about trading scenarious. There will be suggestions both ridiculous and sublime on every single club board, and it will only intensify in the coming weeks. Easy to pick up on the ridiculous suggestions and use that as a representation of the entire board...I mean some wag on here even suggested Jacobs and Wlaker for Knights.

I see poomonkey has found a nice branch over here to hang out on. Feel free to keep him as part of any trade that may eventuate between our clubs (or even if one doesn't).

only trolls judge an entire board by a few idiots

we have had some (including poomonkey) who have come over with sensible discussions which I reckon this board appreciates, especially given we are generally only visited by Port trolls and trade week trolls on a regular basis.

player - want 3 years
club - he wants 3 years

Those facts don't prove either of our opinions, and you know it as well as I do. They can be used to explain both possibilities - that he simply wanted a longer contract, or that he wanted out and came up with a condition he knew the Crows would reject but his preferred club would not, giving him a "reason" to leave.

Sure, one theory is a bit more paranoid than the other, but neither are proved or otherwise by the lengths of the contracts offered.

You wouldn't know quality if it hit you between the eyes Kramer1....:rolleyes:

Those facts don't prove either of our opinions, and you know it as well as I do. They can be used to explain both possibilities - that he simply wanted a longer contract, or that he wanted out and came up with a condition he knew the Crows would reject but his preferred club would not, giving him a "reason" to leave.

Sure, one theory is a bit more paranoid than the other, but neither are proved or otherwise by the lengths of the contracts offered.

He wanted out. Had nothing to do with the length of contract.

player - want 3 years
club - he wants 3 years

Understand that it is easy to dispute and believe the only issue was a 2-3 contract. However nobody can provide 'facts', but I think if you look at that year there were a few Hudson related incidents during 2007.

Player - Originally from Vic - wanted to go home - had numerous issues with Craig.

Club - Craig called him 'laziest AFL footballer he has coached"

Thats why he requested a trade to the Bulldogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Understand that it is easy to dispute and believe the only issue was a 2-3 contract. However nobody can provide 'facts', but I think if you look at that year there were a few Hudson related incidents during 2007.

Player - Originally from Vic - wanted to go home - had numerous issues with Craig.

This is correct. :thumbsu: But there was also the issue with the peer imposed suspension.

I know he's been injured but Tapscott is an Adelaide boy, any chance there?? I honestly have no idea where he is with Melbourne or contract etc.

Only one year into his initial 2 year contract. Has been injured most of the year, so it would be very soft of him to look for an out at this stage.

Interesting. Must have been lazy on the training track because his second efforts at the footy on game day were superb...

only trolls judge an entire board by a few idiots

we have had some (including poomonkey) who have come over with sensible discussions which I reckon this board appreciates, especially given we are generally only visited by Port trolls and trade week trolls on a regular basis.

Sensible discussion ey...I'll try my best.

In terms of Adelaide-Carlton scenarios the only player of significant interest that is potentially available is Knights. The only way he is leaving Adelaide is if there is a strong go-home factor, and for me this puts his value at around 15. Essendon and Richmond are the only other teams that could afford him and would want his services, this might bump his value up a little but I can't see them burning single figure picks.

Others of interest are probably McKernan and Sellar. Don't think Crows would want to move McKernan on, but on the scraps I have heard of his SANFL form let's say for arguments sake that his value remains about where he was drafted in the late twenties. Can't get a fix on Sellar at all, early pick doesn't mean a lot without some form to back it up. Really not a lot to go on, but would hazard a guess somewhere between late twenties and late thirties.

Going the other way I put Sauce around the 20 mark, meaning we would need to balance out the deal with a later round pick or an upgrade to talk turkey on Knights. Can't see Walker leaving, but would also have him around 20, perhaps to mid twenties. He gets canned a little citing the number two pick used to draft him, but looking at that draft there are very few better options that we could have reasonably been expected to take after him. He has proven that he can play at a very high level (I think AFL team of the week for three consecutive weeks earlier this year) but consistency and injury go against him. Shoulders seem to have held up well and according to his surgeon they would require a truck to pull them out again after the graft. Youth and athleticism still very much on his side.

Ryan Murphy..a First Round pick in 2oo3. Only played 48 games at Fremantle but is a dead eye kick in WAFL. Trade for Griffin. What are your thoughts?

Very much a fan of chasing Redden, and he seems very much in the mould the Crows like (hard nut, good fitness/endurance, good height, etc). What would it take to get the deal done? Would our second rounder be enough, or would we need to trade for some extra picks to make the deal happen? (I'm assuming none of our players would go to Brisbane, though if we get Jacobs, they can have Moran :eek:)
the only way we would get Redden is if he wants to come home...or if we overpay for him, because he has had a fantastic season and though he might currently be worth a second rounder, his future potential is much higher, so i doubt we're in with a chance unless he is seriously homesick.

Andrew Mackie has been reportedly dropped for the Semi against Fremantle, if he is unhappy, could we make a play?

I think he has alot to offer or is he too similar to Davis/Otten?

No thanks.. Is ok, but we don't need to get an ok player..

Is made to look better by being in a great team.. Has poor composure lot of the time and his turnovers at times are terrible.. Not more bad kicks on our list..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back