D1 2009 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Polidoras is 18.

My D1 TOTY is as follows:

B: table tennis (Wbee) MARCOU (Aq) Bloods22 (Aq)
HB: Cameo King II (NOBs) saints (SMD) Grum Smuth (Wbee)
C: Scribe (Fitz) sideshowbob (Rupo) missfinland (Rupo)
HF: Share Da Passion (NOBs) Snips/bazza01 (OMs) streetwise (Pra)
F: imkindofabigdeal (SMD) Mappa (Fitz) David K Panther (OMs)

R: Panda Watch (Wbee)
R/R: Lemms (Rupo)
Rov: Jack Mihoceck (WF)

I: Titeleash (OMs), smoking aces (Wbee), Harper (SMD), Midas (Pra)

Coach: WEST (Wbee)
Asst. Coaches: Champ kind (Wbee), Drifter (ESL)
Chairman of Selectors: kingbrown (Rupo)
President: Gary Wilson's Helmet (Fitz)
Runner: AWOL (Fitz)
Goals: eddiesmith (WF)

Probably about as accurate as those annoying TOTYs I've done for the Amateur Footballer in previous years

considering i have been happily holidaying in asia and europe for the last 2 and a half months im happy with the interchange possie........

good luck for finals!

Polidoras is 18.

Probably about as accurate as those annoying TOTYs I've done for the Amateur Footballer in previous years

Ouch, rough treatment of Harps, really could of picked himself in any spot on or off the field... guess thats just you two subtly flirting with each other again!

Happy to sneak into a pocket, been a quiet bigfooty season, will lift next year!

Polidoras is 18.

An honour and a privilege...

Polidoras is 18.

i hate to disappoint you scribe but im not from werribee.

Polidoras is 18.

Happy with my appointment as I will be the only person that will get paid:D

Polidoras is 18.

Quality assesment scribe , I can say gaining the berth is a honor ..
must say condolances to 2 of my personal favs rocky balboa who surely could have added some punch around the midfield and the early clubhouse leader "Robbos my hero " ..gone but not forgotten

Quality assesment scribe , I can say gaining the berth is a honor ..
must say condolances to 2 of my personal favs rocky balboa who surely could have added some punch around the midfield and the early clubhouse leader "Robbos my hero " ..gone but not forgotten

hahah Rocky may have been useful in WESTy's spot i reckon.

Polidoras is 18.

Very good, post of the year I would of thought.

How was training on Tuesday for the teams still involved?

Training was very good as you would expect heading into a finals campagain even with the weather being crap. Good skills session.

Training was very good as you would expect heading into a finals campagain even with the weather being crap. Good skills session.

Hopefully thats the last of the weather and can get good conditions for the finals and the sides can show off there true skill.

My opinion is the Tigers to beat Rupo in the GF by 3 points

Rupppppo will put on a pretty good side for our clash Saturday. We are ready for a great game. I doubt there is a lot between the two sides, so it will come down to who is on their game on the day.

As i enjoy a pure blonde at this computer i am reminded of a great night i had at the Umpires end of year celebration on Monday night. The great man Scribe was meant to be there but again i missed him. Your TOTY year was a classic, you are perhaps flattering KB with a chairman of selectors role. Having been invited by Evo (Jason Evans), i wish to humbly apologise for my tirade from the boundary line, Round 2, he is a ripper bloke. I was lucky enough to meet our D1 Scribe in Di Langton, she is a classic.
I went to the night hoping to sought out my thinking that umpires are different, they have thick skins, however i came out thinking they are normal. An interesting comment was , "how would you feel walking into a room where everyone ignores you"
On that note i would like to say good luck to all the umpires this week.
Does this me an we will get all the free kicks? I doubt it!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rupppppo will put on a pretty good side for our clash Saturday. We are ready for a great game. I doubt there is a lot between the two sides, so it will come down to who is on their game on the day.

As i enjoy a pure blonde at this computer i am reminded of a great night i had at the Umpires end of year celebration on Monday night. The great man Scribe was meant to be there but again i missed him. Your TOTY year was a classic, you are perhaps flattering KB with a chairman of selectors role. Having been invited by Evo (Jason Evans), i wish to humbly apologise for my tirade from the boundary line, Round 2, he is a ripper bloke. I was lucky enough to meet our D1 Scribe in Di Langton, she is a classic.
I went to the night hoping to sought out my thinking that umpires are different, they have thick skins, however i came out thinking they are normal. An interesting comment was , "how would you feel walking into a room where everyone ignores you"
On that note i would like to say good luck to all the umpires this week.
Does this me an we will get all the free kicks? I doubt it!!!!!!

Sorry Mick - burnt you on Saturday and followed up with a work-related absence on Monday night too. You probably think I'm more elusive than Mokbel, but I will be back on deck this weekend. Hope to have good reason to catch up in 2 week's time at St Bernards. Good luck to Rupo, good luck to the umps and not-so-good-luck to the Bees and Friars. :D

well done to rupo on their promotion to c grade.

im not sure what kind of experience the tall umpire had when he came down to werribee (maybe he had his car broken into or something) but he seemed to hold it against us today. i thought the standard of umpiring went up when u play finals, this bloke was an absolute disgrace, told our ruckman "u cant go up with ur knee" and seemed to make up free kicks - terrible, surely he will not umpire for the rest of the finals.

Can't say the officiating helped Werribee but I thought we really struggled to match the Rupo runners. They deserved their win and will be well positioned to take the flag in 2 weeks time. At least we get an extra day to prepare for the prelim!

great result for Ruppppo today. Interesting the euphoria of promotion was nothing like we have enjoyed in past years. The boys have a job to do in 2 weeks, and whatever side it will be we know we will have to be full of running, our preparation will be second to none under the guidance of Gav Kerr. Today IMO opinion we were way too good, that can change, hopefully not.

Terriffic win by Rupo yesterday, Coach Kerr is a smart, shrewd operator and has the boys focussed at the right time of the year. The Werribee players were terrific and fought it out right to the end. My only disappointment for the day was the behaviour of certain elements of the Werribee crowd who really need to learn how to conduct themselves. I'm all for vocal support, but please leave the F & C's at home. From the beer swilling non finals participating reserves at the Buckley St end of the ground, to the 'lady' on the clubrooms balcony, the grey headed gent on the trainers bench, the runner in the old green VAFA shirt and unfortunately, the coaches box that degenerated during the last quarter. Your passion is admirable and we all love emotion in footy but please remember that there are people there to enjoy the spectacle for what it is and we can well do without that kind of conduct in the VAFA. Respect is a huge word in footy and your club really needs to work hard to earn this from opposition clubs. I'm sure I will cop a whack for this, but so be it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back