D4 2010 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: D4 2010

Not going to be easy for any team. Especially the team that finishes second.

No doubt that it is going to be tough for every team trying to take on Monash or Lilydale. Most on here agree that there is a gap between those two & the rest. I guess the depth of that gap will get tested this week against the Cobras.

It's a bit of a tough gig when there have been 10+ posts on here since Saturday night & not one person has commented on Sam McCallum booting 18 goals. Irrespective of the opposition, it's not a bad effort.

Genuine good wishes for the guys at Chadstone. They may have had as few as 30 players participate on Saturday across 2 games. Both games were played in good spirit & the celebration when they scored their goals was almost worthy of a win.

From a club which has experienced some low times fairly recently, we hope that they can pull through the last 2 games & find something over summer that can make them viable in the future.

Re: D4 2010

Vic come on the point cook seniors are a very ordinary side. For you guys to be more focussed on trying to win the reserves flag is an embarrassment for your club. Not trying to be a smart ar#e just stating the facts.
Our game was a cracker. Good contests all over the ground. We lost the ruck and hence the majority of clearances. But we get our number #1 ruckman back for the finals. The head to head score is 1-1. With 2 more to go. The gap between the top 2 sides and the rest of the comp is huge.
Monash look to have amazing depth. Id say their reserves side would make the finals in the senior comp.

Was not at the game on Saturday but have been told that Pt. Cook had a few of their U/18's in who absolutely carved it up.

Pt. Cook may not be up to it just yet, but they've got a pretty big junior base so i wouldn't be surprised if they improve in the next couple of years.

Johnny we at P.C may have been an ordinary side against you guys a couple weeks back when forced to play on a converted playground without a blade of grass on it after your ground was flooded out. You were lucky to get a game out of us with 5 players having to double up and already down on numbers due to injuries.
All respect was lost that day with the antics of a very, as said in other quotes Arrogant Side telling our players to get used to being in D4 for a long time or get off to Clubbies.
#2 was the biggest tosser in thier side and then being told no alchol was being sold as it was a juniors venue and all players from Mt Lilydale walking out of there rooms with Beers or Spirits !! whats with that. We couldn`t wait to get on the Bus and leave the joint !!!!!

On the footy side the 3 U18 boys who represented our senior side where fantastic and a huge spur for the rest of the group, it was great to get a glimpse of the future and it does look bright, thanks to the Brunswick boys for having a drink which will be always on offer at P.C.

My opinion from what i`ve seen Monash have too many good players to get beaten come finals ! Mt Lilydale BIG chance of going out in straight sets, just hold a couple of their small fwds. Cobras are a hard team and would enjoy a big ground in finals, look out if they get it.Sth Mornington are a consistant all rounded side who don`t look to have any weakness all over, the surprise packet. Eley Park have some great forwards and could easily playoff and Swinburne if all thier players available are a strong team if they can make it.

My Team of the Year Forward Line

HF: D. Wills (MG) - S. McCallum (MC) - A. Rodwell (MTL)
FF: D. Penny (BHN) - A. Marsh (PC) - L. Allen (MG)

Still working on the rest. Any nominations for the back line?

Good to see Monash get over the Lilydale goatf* ckers.

Having seen them a few times this year, Mt Lilydale players are a bunch of arrogant twits that will never amount to much anyway.

A wise man once said, "be nice to those on the way up because you are bound to see them again on the way down".

My Team of the Year Forward Line

HF: D. Wills (MG) - S. McCallum (MC) - A. Rodwell (MTL)
FF: D. Penny (BHN) - A. Marsh (PC) - L. Allen (MG)

Still working on the rest. Any nominations for the back line?
Roberts (MTL) is a walk up start to the team of the year forward line. He's kicked the goals against the big sides when it counts.
And Harvey. Ive seen some pretty good looking goats in my time.

Good to see Monash get over the Lilydale goatf* ckers.

Having seen them a few times this year, Mt Lilydale players are a bunch of arrogant twits that will never amount to much anyway.

A wise man once said, "be nice to those on the way up because you are bound to see them again on the way down".

Harvey, welcome back hero. Have your mob done much to fix the syringe problem amungst the group??? I still find it amazing how so many 'junkies can run out four quaters of footy...Anyhow keep up the great work on and off the forum. :thumbsu:

Roberts (MTL) is a walk up start to the team of the year forward line. He's kicked the goals against the big sides when it counts.
And Harvey. Ive seem some pretty good looking goats in my time.

Roberts hasn't played enough games this season unlike inform Marsh & McCallum who deserve to battle out that spot.

TOTY:
Centre's: Matthew Holland (MTL), Luke Nally (MTL), Scott Hawker(???)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyonthespot2
Vic come on the point cook seniors are a very ordinary side. For you guys to be more focussed on trying to win the reserves flag is an embarrassment for your club. Not trying to be a smart ar#e just stating the facts.
Our game was a cracker. Good contests all over the ground. We lost the ruck and hence the majority of clearances. But we get our number #1 ruckman back for the finals. The head to head score is 1-1. With 2 more to go. The gap between the top 2 sides and the rest of the comp is huge.
Monash look to have amazing depth. Id say their reserves side would make the finals in the senior comp.

Geez, I was close to my 10 goal prediction too Johnny...I remember M Malone in the two's being a regular goal kicker in the one's a number of years ago. Alot of depth there. Can we start the finals now?? Nah seriously well down to both sides. High standard games all round! Hopefully the Gryph's can break the duck that has plagued them for a while now.

Harvey, welcome back hero. Have your mob done much to fix the syringe problem amungst the group??? I still find it amazing how so many 'junkies can run out four quaters of footy...Anyhow keep up the great work on and off the forum. :thumbsu:

Funny how everybody hopes you fall over - me thinks this shows your clubs lack of humility (perhaps its just you but I notice a few spring to your defence) and ultimately the respect you don't have within the comp? :D:D

For a club that has achieved absolutely ZERO to date, perhaps a little early to start crowing.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny how everybody hopes you fall over - me thinks this shows your clubs lack of humility (perhaps its just you but I notice a few spring to your defence) and ultimately the respect you don't have within the comp? :D:D

For a club that has achieved absolutely ZERO to date, perhaps a little early to start crowing.......

The irony of you talking about respect.

How's your alter ego 3rd man in?

Quote:
Hopefully the Gryph's can break the duck that has plagued them for a while now.
Its gonna be a cracker of a final series. An unbiased observer would say that Monash are probably a 4 goal better side than us but weve still got 3 or 4 coming back in to strengthen us up a little. Wheras Monash im told were pretty much at full strength.

Its gonna be a cracker of a final series. An unbiased observer would say that Monash are probably a 4 goal better side than us but weve still got 3 or 4 coming back in to strengthen us up a little. Wheras Monash im told were pretty much at full strength.

Baughn, Varga and Rhodes will be more than handy inclusions for you.

Johnny, what happend to your lovechild T Wall. He didn't even get a sniff on the weekend?

More of my TOTY
FB: J. Harrak (MG) - L. Evans (MTL) - T. Conn (MC)
HB: L. Wilson (MG) - D. Broadbear (EP) - T. Woodberry (RC)
C: D. Lucevic (NB) - D. Bennett (EP) - A. Stuart (MTL)

Guessing a bit ....

Wow, well thought out 'banger! Is this the name you post on before or after you've injected??? Either way there are support groups out your way set up specifically for situations like yours. Good luck champ, keep your chin up!:thumbsu:

More of my TOTY
FB: J. Harrak (MG) - L. Evans (MTL) - T. Conn (MC)
HB: L. Wilson (MG) - D. Broadbear (EP) - T. Woodberry (RC)
C: D. Lucevic (NB) - D. Bennett (EP) - A. Stuart (MTL)

Guessing a bit ....

Who is the best ruckman in the competition? Seems ruck stocks are few and far between in D4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back