D4 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tipping that you are either a RC player or die hard supporter ?? Strong words for the SM boys !

Player mate, just sticking up for the President who works hard for the club and is by no means a cheat. Does my head in with some of the frees he pays against the boys.

"Gracious",bit rich coming from RC.
Can't seem to recall Bigwaz has answered yet "what the 25mtr penalty was for"

I'd like to think we're considered gracious in win or loss. Guess that is for others to judge though. As for BigWaz making the call on the 25mtr i'll leave that up to him but I believe he made a call on it a few days ago. See below:

'Unsportsmanlike conduct, Holding the man, simple assault. You name it.'

Maybe warranted, maybe not, but if the SM played had any brains he wouldn't have picked up the RC player and thrown him to the ground, therefore no freekick or 25 would have occured.

Less talk about who has and has not seen the notebook! Biggest news this week is surely chaddy's big first quarter win, resulting in a big score kicked and only an 11 point loss at the end of the day! Any news from spectators or manningham guys about the contest? When we played chaddy (south Mornington) a few weeks back they had improved dramatically from our first meet! Moved the ball well out of the middle and it seams like that paid off for them up forward this week! Those guys better start learning their song for next season I'd say!

Any news from spectators or manningham guys about the contest?

I only saw the first half of the senior game, but I'd have to say that there wasn't enormous confidence in the win at that stage. I haven't spoken to any of the boys since, so don't know whether the balls were in the throat until the siren, or if it was somewhat more in control after the half. (Just checked & it was 21 points at 3/4 time..)

I played in the Chaddy game, and we were very unlucky not to get the win, plenty of 50/50 decisions going for their big forward and against our forward.

A couple of clear marks werent paid to Banksy in the forward 50.

That being said we made matter worse by arguing too much and costing half a dozen 25 metre penalties. Which twice resulted in 2 goal turnarounds.

Down at 23 points at the last change, Manningham kicked the first goal before Chaddy got a run on and kicked the next 5 goals to go ahead with 3 or 4 minutes to go. Unfortuantely they kicked a goal to go back ahead, they kicked another consolation goal with a minute to go, bringing the final margin to 11 points.

I played in the Chaddy game, and we were very unlucky not to get the win, plenty of 50/50 decisions going for their big forward and against our forward.

That being said we made matter worse by arguing too much and costing half a dozen 25 metre penalties. Which twice resulted in 2 goal turnarounds.

Down at 23 points at the last change, Manningham kicked the first goal before Chaddy got a run on and kicked the next 5 goals to go ahead with 3 or 4 minutes to go. Unfortuantely they kicked a goal to go back ahead, they kicked another consolation goal with a minute to go, bringing the final margin to 11 points.

Mate that is awesome, would have been great if you had won! Good luck for this week :thumbsu:

What is the change? Obviously the big FF has only played 4 games for the year, but that's not all? Where did the players come from & are they committed to the future of the club?

If so, then kudos to the committee & all involved.

As a side note - and not meaing to be uber critical; the 2nds were disappinting - some reasonable play, but lots of poor discipline & a pretty poor finish to the game.

Tough loss. Good effort. Now go beat Eley Park :) !

Interesting news:

The medal counts for all senior sections will be broadcast live to air, commencing next Tuesday.
On Tuesday 23 August at 8:00 pm, 96.5 Inner FM will host the VAFA Medal Counts for Divisions 1 through 4.

The Medal Counts for Premier through Premier C will be held and broadcast a week later on Tuesday 24 August at 8:00pm.

Inner FM streams live to the web on www.innerfm.org.au and can also be heard on via TuneIn Radio on an IPhone.

Progressive scores will be posted on this website immediately after each round.

The Division 4 count will commence shortly after 8:00 and it is anticipated that Division 3 will commnce approximately 30 minutes later. Div 2 will be counted at arounf 9:00pm and Div 1 at 9:30.

The Winner Dinner will be held at Leonda on Monday 12 September. Further details will be advertised shortly.

Please explain?

Whinging, moaning, fighting. Progressively getting worse over the course of the game. 2 flare ups in the last few minutes & continuing after the siren.

Pointless.

Not saying that the Cobras were blameless, but the worst of it definitely came from Chadstone.

Anyway - done with & move on. I don't think there was anything that caused on-going distress.

Interesting news:

The medal counts for all senior sections will be broadcast live to air, commencing next Tuesday.
On Tuesday 23 August at 8:00 pm, 96.5 Inner FM will host the VAFA Medal Counts for Divisions 1 through 4.

The Medal Counts for Premier through Premier C will be held and broadcast a week later on Tuesday 24 August at 8:00pm.

Inner FM streams live to the web on www.innerfm.org.au and can also be heard on via TuneIn Radio on an IPhone.

Progressive scores will be posted on this website immediately after each round.

The Division 4 count will commence shortly after 8:00 and it is anticipated that Division 3 will commnce approximately 30 minutes later. Div 2 will be counted at arounf 9:00pm and Div 1 at 9:30.

The Winner Dinner will be held at Leonda on Monday 12 September. Further details will be advertised shortly.

If the winners are already known, will anyone other than those winners to actually attend? Bet they still charge each club for three tickets regardless.

Played in the last Chaddy win (when we were still Syndal) Surprisingly enough it came against the Cobras (think they were still Bulleen) Was one of the best feelings i have had as a player in alot of comps/finals.
Hang tough and enjoy it when the work pays off.

South Mornington lost and are whipping out more excuses than a pregnant nun. You cannot blame the umpire you *****, RC had plenty of chances to finish you off at the end, you're fortunate that big Trojan couldn't kick over a jam tin!

Waz might make some bad decisions at times but all umpires do and he is by no means a cheat!

How about you realise RC had your measure on the day, be gracious in defeat and if you have confidence in your ability come out and beat them in the finals. Never heard so many blokes having a cry, you're all worse than a bunch of gay blokes watching the notebook!

Just to make it clear, I am not calling Waz a straight out cheat. I just think that when a game gets tight in the last quarter his love for his club means that he maybe sees things that arent actually there or doesn't see things that are plainly there (depending on which view suits RC).

I have seen him give bad decisions against RC over the years, just never in the last quarter of tight games.

I am sure it never crosses his mind that he is being unfair but his judgement is clouded by passion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of interest, is it 1 up 1 down again this year, or are we going back to 2 up, 2 down, i like the 1 up, 1 down, as it gives most of the d4 teams a chance, as we have seen this year, very close field... and to all the south boys, who cares about the free kick, it was paid, we lost, now get on with winning... :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Round 18 Tips

North Brunswick vs St Francis Xavier - SFX by 8 goals.
Box Hill North vs Swinburne Uni - BHN by 1 goal.
Richmond Central vs Point Cook - RC by 8 goals.
Manningham vs South Mornington - SM by 5 goals.
Eley Park vs Chadstone - EP by 17 goals.

Reserves: NB, BHN, RC, SM, EP

Just to make it clear, I am not calling Waz a straight out cheat. I just think that when a game gets tight in the last quarter his love for his club means that he maybe sees things that arent actually there or doesn't see things that are plainly there (depending on which view suits RC).

I have seen him give bad decisions against RC over the years, just never in the last quarter of tight games.

I am sure it never crosses his mind that he is being unfair but his judgement is clouded by passion.

You all but called him a "cheat" and now your backing away from / justifying your comments!! If you don't mean it don't write it!! Gutless

You all but called him a "cheat" and now your backing away from / justifying your comments!! If you don't mean it don't write it!! Gutless

Rack off Buster, I am not backing away from anything. I stand by the fact that he doesnt umpire close games fairly. But I stopped short of calling him a cheat because he seems like a pretty stand up guy who just gets swayed by his love for his club.

Good for his club as a president, crap as an umpire.

Rack off Buster, I am not backing away from anything. I stand by the fact that he doesnt umpire close games fairly. But I stopped short of calling him a cheat because he seems like a pretty stand up guy who just gets swayed by his love for his club.

Alright already, can we move on now?

This forum has never been so hot! So lets get some tips on the SFX v NB reserves elimination final.

Is it respectful to your teams reserves players if you drop senior players to get them into the finals? I think so, provided the seniors match has no impact on the ladder. Some reserves players may disagree.

Alright already, can we move on now?

This forum has never been so hot! So lets get some tips on the SFX v NB reserves elimination final.

Is it respectful to your teams reserves players if you drop senior players to get them into the finals? I think so, provided the seniors match has no impact on the ladder. Some reserves players may disagree.

I reckon that would be terrible!!! A bit of a culture destroying move. If the reserves players, who have put in week in and week out get omitted due to Senior players being "dropped", I believe they would be pretty angry.

Interesting to see what sides are selected on Saturday.

Interesting you are able to be personal and name person for being "almost a cheat" but when I call you on it you get all defensive, stinks of double standards!!

Round 18 Tips
North Brunswick vs St Francis Xavier - SFX by 15 goals.
Box Hill North vs Swinburne Uni - SU by 12 goals.
Richmond Central vs Point Cook - RC by 7 goals.
Manningham vs South Mornington - SM by 5 goals.
Eley Park vs Chadstone - EP by 25 goals.

Reserves: SFX, SU, RC, SM, EP

I reckon that would be terrible!!! A bit of a culture destroying move. If the reserves players, who have put in week in and week out get omitted due to Senior players being "dropped", I believe they would be pretty angry.

Interesting to see what sides are selected on Saturday.

But the "omitted" reserves players would be playing seniors... It's sort of a promotion...

But the "omitted" reserves players would be playing seniors... It's sort of a promotion...

Personally - it's a bit like giving a banned substance to an athlete. They might get there, but not on their merits.

Anyway - stacking reserves teams has never been done in the history of the game (or at least no-one has ever admitted to it), so it's a bit of a rhetorical question! (Although, on that note, is Waz disclosing some team information?!!)

^^^ I have no say over the RC team selections anyway...

I don't think it's stacking if your seniors are already in the finals.

From NB's perspective, I would assume that SFX will have a few seniors playing, and would react accordingly....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back