D4 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 18 Tips

North Brunswick vs St Francis Xavier - SFX by 8 goals.
Box Hill North vs Swinburne Uni - BHN by 1 goal.
Richmond Central vs Point Cook - RC by 8 goals.
Manningham vs South Mornington - SM by 5 goals.
Eley Park vs Chadstone - EP by 17 goals.

Reserves: NB, BHN, RC, SM, EP

Was having a bit of a twitter sesh yesterday and stumbled across the promotion of your website RM, interesting reading! So many stats :thumbsu:

http://www.camliston.com/index.php?type=page&ID=3551

Checking up on me Norfolk... Will need to get in and update with this years stats.

I was rather impressed with the attention to detail mate! Did you at one stage have blond hair or white boots? Quite a few votes have been received!!

Just stumbled across it yesterday when I was checking RC's followers on twitter.

I was rather impressed with the attention to detail mate! Did you at one stage have blond hair or white boots? Quite a few votes have been received!!

Just stumbled across it yesterday when I was checking RC's followers on twitter.

Blonde Hair? More like grey hair!

Well done to all teams who made finals, would have loved to see South seniors and how far they could have gone but not to be, does anybody know where the finals are yet???? Also shattered to see mt lilydale and west Brunswick relegated probably the two worst drives for south next season...

Vafa Website has D4 finals listed for Vermont Reserve.

What is with the reserves games? with the asterix and hash next to them? It is odd that 1st & 2nd are playing before the seniors 3rd v 4th...

Does work out better for me though, only having to make one trek out to Vermont on the weekend.

Yeah we would have preferred to play Saturday but it's just logistics, if they hadn't of swapped our game to Sunday you would have SFX and RC making two trips, EP are just the unlucky ones, anyway can't complain, looking forward to Sunday now, my early tips are SFX and RC in the seniors and EP (by plenty) and SM (hopefully) in the reserves!!!

I'm with you Bob... The winner of the 3v4 game in the reserves now has an extra day to recover than the loser of the 1v2 match...

Strange decision.

2nd Semi Final
St Francis Xavier vs Swinburne Uni
Having played both teams in the last 2 weeks I think this will be a very close game. SFX are heavily reliant on Dimma and Spencer where as SU spread the load more evenly. SU also have a far superior ruckman in James Lees and if he can give his midfield first use (and keep it away from Dimma) I think SU can get up for the win.

My Tip: Swinburne Uni by 2 goals.

1st Semi Final
Richmond Central vs Eley Park
This should be a absolute cracking game! Defensively RC are the stronger team IMO (Pike, Woodberry), EP has the stronger forward line (Israel, Viola x 2, Eldich, Lindsay). The midfield is an interesting match up. Davis and Thomas are clearance masters, Cresswell and Bennett provide non-stop run ... but the biggest weakness for EP is there lack of a ruckman (Bugeja is a 2nd stringer at best). Seb Angus will need to have big 'hit-out' game if RC are any chance to overcome the strength of the EP clearance players.

My Tip:
EP by 1 goal (in extra time).

Reserves:
EP vs SFX - EP by 7 goals.
SM vs RC - RC by 3 points.

Just thought I would put out some early thoughts about the finals contenders in both divisons. These are obviously an outsiders view, so I would love to get some feedback from the boys involved at the clubs and get their thoughts. Should be a very close finals series in the seniors with SFX just a bit ahead of the pack, while I think SM and EP are the favourites in the reserves.

Seniors

St Francis Xavier

Very skillfull and fit team who rely on quick ball movement to get one on one contest in their powerful forward line. It's hard to pick a weakness, but maybe the lack of a dominant ruckman may hurth them if the come up against RC in a knockout final.

Gun Player - Can't split Spencer ad Dima
Others to Watch - Scott, Andrews

Swinburne Uni

Probably the smallest of the finalists, but certainly along with SFX the most fleet of foot. Rely on their running game and would have been happy with Vermont as a finals venue. Can be caught short in defence if the come up against an imposing forward line.

Gun Player - Hyman
Others to Watch - Kilmartin, O'Sullivan

Richmond

On their day a chance to beat anyone. Very big and powerful team who thrive on the contested footy. Can be exposed for lack of leg speed and would be nervous about playing EP at Vermont this week.

Gun Player - Traeger
Others to Watch - Angus, Ryan

Eley Park

Very balanced team with an excellent midfield and defence. Not overly tall, but play the small grounds very well and would have been happy with Vermont as a finals venue.

Gun Player - Bennett
Others to Watch - Thomas, Christorphin

Reserves

South Mornington

Have been the yardstick all year, but have come back down to earth a bit over the last few weeks. Very fast team and seniors are out of the race which means they will be stacked. Lack of height in defence would concern them against RC tall forward this week.

Gun Player - Ryan
Others to Watch - Wilson, Woodruff

Richmond Central
Did well to finish second and have been a very consistent team all year. They have a gun tall forward and a strong defence. Do not possess a dominant onball division which could hurt.

Gun Player - Davey
Others to Watch - Matthews, Poonsamy

Eley Park

The smokey for the flag. Best onball divison in the reserves and plent of forwards who can kick goals. Question mark would be the defence.

Gun Player - Donnelly
Others to Watch - Farrugia, Khariwala

St Francis Xavier

Good across the board with some fleet of foot midfielders and some good tall forwards. Probably just making up the numbers at this stage.

Gun Player - Chin
Others to Watch - Dapiran, Manno

I'm with you Bob... The winner of the 3v4 game in the reserves now has an extra day to recover than the loser of the 1v2 match...

Strange decision.

Yeah not sure how much a 6 day break will hurt a team, can't help though, the big question is will RC go with the sky blue outfit that knocked us of two weeks ago or mix it up a bit???

We figure we'll run out in our normal uniform and pay the fine :) Would make for a very interesting game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whispers would like to congratulate the four teams that have qualified for the finals for D4 season 2011.

Has set up for scintilating few weeks.

Would like to congratulate Dima from SFX on winning the D4 medal. No point even debating the manner and he has been by far the best player I have personally seen or heard through my sources.

Would be interested to hear other peoples nominations for the other minor places...

Whispers out.

Whispers would like to congratulate the four teams that have qualified for the finals for D4 season 2011.

Would like to congratulate Dima from SFX on winning the D4 medal. No point even debating the manner and he has been by far the best player I have personally seen or heard through my sources.

Would be interested to hear other peoples nominations for the other minor places...

Whispers out.

Has Seb from RC played enough games? (I have no doubt he already thinks he has won it?)

2nd Semi Final
St Francis Xavier vs Swinburne Uni
Having played both teams in the last 2 weeks I think this will be a very close game. SFX are heavily reliant on Dimma and Spencer where as SU spread the load more evenly. SU also have a far superior ruckman in James Lees and if he can give his midfield first use (and keep it away from Dimma) I think SU can get up for the win.

My Tip: Swinburne Uni by 2 goals.

1st Semi Final
Richmond Central vs Eley Park
This should be a absolute cracking game! Defensively RC are the stronger team IMO (Pike, Woodberry), EP has the stronger forward line (Israel, Viola x 2, Eldich, Lindsay). The midfield is an interesting match up. Davis and Thomas are clearance masters, Cresswell and Bennett provide non-stop run ... but the biggest weakness for EP is there lack of a ruckman (Bugeja is a 2nd stringer at best). Seb Angus will need to have big 'hit-out' game if RC are any chance to overcome the strength of the EP clearance players.

My Tip: EP by 1 goal (in extra time).

Reserves:
EP vs SFX - EP by 7 goals.
SM vs RC - RC by 3 points.

Seniors:
SFX to do it easy over The Uni (8 Goals)
RC to just get EP (2 Golas)

Reserves:
EP will be to good for a disapointing SFX (5 Goals)
RC to scrap home against Souths (1 Goal) I wonder what they will sook about this time?

Regular readers will recall that I had a bet with Penn some time ago,well Chaddy didn't quite make it to a win but came close with an 11 point loss to the cobras but Eley park was the last chance for the year but were too good.

So I have settled with Penn for 1 weeks umping fees to his account and he will put it on the bar at his clubs presentation night,enjoy,and from pm's from Penn I believe he would have been just as happy for the fees to have gone to Chaddy.

Have to admire Chaddy for pure courage and look forward to a better year for them next season,doubt there would be a single person on this forum who would disagree.
Tugger

Whispers out.

D4 Medal Placings

1. Dima
2. Angus
3. Spencer
4. Bennett
5. Notaro

Division 4 Final
Dimitri Dimakopoulos St Francis Xavier 30 - WINNER
Francisco George Chadstone 18
Leigh Andrews St Francis Xavier 15
Adam Fiske Richmond Central 12
Scott McPherson Manningham Cobras 12
Ben Spencer St Francis Xavier 12
David Bennett Eley Park Sharks 11
Danny Manning Swinburne University 11
Adam Jeffrey North Brunswick 11
Philip Auciello Point Cook 10
Regan Davis Eley Park Sharks 10
Sam Thomas Eley Park Sharks 10
Dylan Nicholson Richmond Central 10
Patrick Notaro North Brunswick 10
Sam Wright South Mornington 9
Christian Traeger Richmond Central 9
Glenn Murphy Manningham Cobras 9
Warrick De Vercelli Manningham Cobras 9

No surprise with the Winner. Well done Dima. 2 in a row?
Chadstone fans... Does Francisco usually poll that well or did he have a terrific season?

RC polled better than usual, the last few years our top vote was about 8 or so. Must have given away less free kicks this year.

Division 4 Final
Dimitri Dimakopoulos St Francis Xavier 30 - WINNER
Francisco George Chadstone 18
Leigh Andrews St Francis Xavier 15
Adam Fiske Richmond Central 12
Scott McPherson Manningham Cobras 12
Ben Spencer St Francis Xavier 12
David Bennett Eley Park Sharks 11
Danny Manning Swinburne University 11
Adam Jeffrey North Brunswick 11
Philip Auciello Point Cook 10
Regan Davis Eley Park Sharks 10
Sam Thomas Eley Park Sharks 10
Dylan Nicholson Richmond Central 10
Patrick Notaro North Brunswick 10
Sam Wright South Mornington 9
Christian Traeger Richmond Central 9
Glenn Murphy Manningham Cobras 9
Warrick De Vercelli Manningham Cobras 9

No surprise with the Winner. Well done Dima. 2 in a row?
Chadstone fans... Does Francisco usually poll that well or did he have a terrific season?

RC polled better than usual, the last few years our top vote was about 8 or so. Must have given away less free kicks this year.

I will take the risk of being abused. You are thinking it I write write it.

Listened to the vote count on 96.5 :thumbsu:

Dima a worthy winner. Best player I saw running around this season. BUT..........

To have a Chaddy player run second is, IMHO, a terrible blight on the competition. Some of the votes he received were what only can be described as laughable. Now please, before you start, nothing against the player whatsoever. We all know some of the umps in D4 have trouble giving 1 correct decision per game - do you think they got confused (more than likely) or were the votes given to Chadstone players pity votes?

Do you think a Melbourne player will get a vote in the Brownlow down at Skilled Stadium this year?

Just to recap - Chadstone did not win 1 game this year and finished with a percentage of 22.84!!!!!!!!

I look forward to the politically correct howl downs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back