D4 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Votes are and should be a reflection of the individual aspects of the game. The score takes care of the team aspect. As such, if a player has a cracking game, even in a losing team (Or a team that gets smashed) why can't they poll votes? If he is getting 35 to 40 touches per game with no support and impacts the game more than any other opposition player doesn't he deserve the votes? Score should be irrelevent in the medal count. That's why so many Brownlow medalists used to come from lower rancked teams, such as South melb, Hawthorn etc

Some interesting encounters in the seniors this weekend. Open finals series. On Sat SFX will start favorites, however SU did defeat them a month ago. Me thinks it will be tight and close as teams play similar. SU skipper being out for the season could be the brake SFX need for a narrow win.

1st semi final also hard to pick. Both teams have beaten each other and by fair margins. Their last meeting saw the sharks home by 10 goals. This meeting will be closer and the Sharks to sneak home by 10 points.

Long time reader, first time poster. I enjoyed your quote buck101 and im looking forward to watching those players and the rest on saturday and sunday in some beautiful winter(summer) weather. The only player i cant figure out is "Manno" from St Francis. Does anyone know this actual players name?

Tips:

Seniors:
XMEN to do it easy over The Uni Boys (10 Goals)
Eley Park to send Richmond out (3 Goals)

Reserves:
Richmond to just get over the line against South Mornington (2 Goals)
Eley Park will send XMEN out (7 Goals)

I'm not sure who is Manno is and I had a quick look at the XMEN's team and there isnt such a player, i think?

But I think I'm on the money and can tip 4 from 4.

Seniors:
XMEN over The Uni Boys (4 Goals)
Eley Park over Richmond (4 Goals)

Reserves:
SM to scrap over Richmond(2 Goals)
XMEN will cause an upset against EP (1 Goal)

Tips for thsi Week

Seniors

SFX too good for SU to the tune of 6 goals
RC to get over EP by 2 goals in a ripper

Reserves

SM shouldn't have too many issues with the boys from RC (7 goals)
EP to have a convincing 8 goal win over SFX

Hi guys, as an interested follower of the D4 competition i have travelled to watch many games this year and went down yesterday to watch the 2 finals played at Vermont Park.

As i watched the South Mornington vs Richmond in the reserves, i noticed a player out on the field who i had seen only a few weeks back when i made the trip down to South Mornington the last time these two teams met.

This player G.Ryan back in round 17 played one quarter in the reserves and then was taken off and played in the seniors for a full game. At the time i thought that there may have been a late withdrawal from the ones team and was happy to leave it at that.

But after thinking about seeing this guy out on the field yesterday, i thought i would have a look at his stats for the season and wondered if he got named in both teams back in round 17. http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_i...pID=192836072&client=0-3232-0-137878-14037995

This has since been confirmed as an action to just qualify him for reserves finals if the seniors missed out.

As a supporter of the VAFA over a long period this is totally against all the ethics of the competition and brings the game into disrepute.South Mornington are a club that has never accepted the ethos of the VAFA and this is again proven. Wonder what the players who missed selection think of it?

Hi guys, as an interested follower of the D4 competition i have travelled to watch many games this year and went down yesterday to watch the 2 finals played at Vermont Park.

As i watched the South Mornington vs Richmond in the reserves, i noticed a player out on the field who i had seen only a few weeks back when i made the trip down to South Mornington the last time these two teams met.

This player G.Ryan back in round 17 played one quarter in the reserves and then was taken off and played in the seniors for a full game. At the time i thought that there may have been a late withdrawal from the ones team and was happy to leave it at that.

But after thinking about seeing this guy out on the field yesterday, i thought i would have a look at his stats for the season and wondered if he got named in both teams back in round 17. http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_i...pID=192836072&client=0-3232-0-137878-14037995

This has since been confirmed as an action to just qualify him for reserves finals if the seniors missed out.

As a supporter of the VAFA over a long period this is totally against all the ethics of the competition and brings the game into disrepute.South Mornington are a club that has never accepted the ethos of the VAFA and this is again proven. Wonder what the players who missed selection think of it?

You haven't followed D4 for long have you?? Happens at every club every year.......

What I would be interested to know is the bloke Manningham played in the last round (american - organiser of Presidents cup - good HS spread BTW) was registered before June 30????? ;)

All clubs do this sort of thing. I don't think you can single out South Mornington on this one. The RC reserves team are the only genuine reserves team left after Eley Park got knocked out yesterday and you would have to think they will be up against it next week when Eley Park drop 6 -7 blokes back. It's just the way it goes though. I'm sure RC would be doing exactly what Sth Mornington did if the shoe was on the other foot.

Well at least your Seniors won the later game.
That's some consolation.

Actually he played the first half and we did have a 1's player pull out! I love how you say that this has since been confirmed... By Whom? Grant played 8 in the 1's and 4 in the 2's, would have only played 7 but for a late withdrawal... what's your beef? concentrate on your own club mate.

HB,

Matt, the Presidents Cup organiser was registered well before the deadline. The plan was to give him a game earlier in the season, but it worked out to be the last game.

The HS spread was great - thanks.

Happens all the time I suspect... no big deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HB,

Matt, the Presidents Cup organiser was registered well before the deadline. The plan was to give him a game earlier in the season, but it worked out to be the last game.

The HS spread was great - thanks.

Presidents cup between South and Manningham?

All clubs do this sort of thing. I don't think you can single out South Mornington on this one. The RC reserves team are the only genuine reserves team left after Eley Park got knocked out yesterday and you would have to think they will be up against it next week when Eley Park drop 6 -7 blokes back. It's just the way it goes though. I'm sure RC would be doing exactly what Sth Mornington did if the shoe was on the other foot.

Theres not a chance in hell of 6-7 senior players dropping back from EP seniors to EP reserves. If anything the reserves will lose out from the seniors going out yesterday.

BTW.... All the best to Norfolk who broke his leg yesterday in the senior match... Tough loss for RC and tough luck for the superstar.

Theres not a chance in hell of 6-7 senior players dropping back from EP seniors to EP reserves. If anything the reserves will lose out from the seniors going out yesterday.

Spot on Benno82, if my research is correct not one of Eley seniors from yesterday's game has qualified for the reserves finals and even two blokes who played in the reserves are now not qualified either, I find that amazing, just shows how settled there ones were all year, as for the G.Ryan topic he was dropped because of form/training and a player (k.debarnardi) pulled out of the ones at half time of the twos so Grant went up and played ones also, just the way it worked out, also Back Page would like to know how south don't follow the vafa ethos??? if we really wanted to qualify players M.Blackmore and S.Walker could have dropped down for games against BHN and chaddy but the ones still had a slim chance of finals, anyway a good weekend of footy I thought, well done to SFX on gaining promotion and our young blokes on getting into our first granny in our 5 years in the VAFA.

Hoping for Centrals win in the two's next week Bobby?

Not sure? Who ever we play it will be a good game, from what I can work out Eley have 35 qualified with no players to drop down out of thier seniors and RC have 40 qualified with possibly 3 players from there seniors to drop down (which means nothing if there ones win this week) either way just hoping for a win on Sunday week!!!

I am lucky enough in my job to be able to watch a hell of a lot of football and keep a close eye on what is going on at certain D4 clubs. You ask how South dont follow the VAFA ethos?
It has come to my attention and personally have seen on my travels down to that bog of a football ground a numerous amount of reserves players who have been cited playing in the 2's and then drinking alcohol during the senior match. Now this has not happened just once and certainly does not just happen at home games. It worried me when i sat there and could see these people going against everything the VAFA stands for. It is meant to be a family league with a strict policy of no alcohol whilst football is in play.
Upon being assigned to watch majority of Souths games this year it also disturbed me when i was in attendance of a game that was played at Swinburne and i positioned myself on the park bench about no more than 5-10 metres away from both benches, heard little argument from Swinburne bench and was well controlled but as for the tigers, to have reserves players and admin yelling instructions to players and telling the coaches how to do their jobs shocked me. Majority of clubs will have the supporter base behind the goals and cheering on the team, but from what i heard that day the club was a complete basket case who no one could control.
It came to my attention in the weeks after an altercation in the last qtr of that game that i witnessed, that in fact the man was yelling abuse all day and who approached and tried to fight the coach was non other than the vice president of the football club & to my knowledge is still there to this day without being sanctioned.
There are a numerous amount of other incidents that i have been looking at but i just thought i would respond to a couple that i have been following up.
The football club goes against everything the VAFA stands for, whether its on field incidents or off and its about time someone fixed it.

Tell me The Back Page, what club are you tied to do? you sound like a disgruntled ex-coach who may have been at South? as i know the 5 people who were sitting at the bench of which you speak, and i hardly believe they would come on here and attack us, move on mate, in the interests of everybody.

Tell me The Back Page, what club are you tied to do? you sound like a disgruntled ex-coach who may have been at South? as i know the 5 people who were sitting at the bench of which you speak, and i hardly believe they would come on here and attack us, move on mate, in the interests of everybody.

I am tied down to no club in particular but was asked to go along and watch some matches as a VAFA rep. Now the information i got and witnessed has recently been confirmed by a city bound player on your list who may have had a bit too much to drink at a night spot in the city and let some info slip. Nothing against South Mornington, just concerned about the club in the VAFA.

I am tied down to no club in particular but was asked to go along and watch some matches as a VAFA rep. Now the information i got and witnessed has recently been confirmed by a city bound player on your list who may have had a bit too much to drink at a night spot in the city and let some info slip. Nothing against South Mornington, just concerned about the club in the VAFA.

So if you are a VAFA rep as you claim, who are you? don't hide behind an alias, as my alias is my nickname down at South Mornington. Also if you were a VAFA rep would this not have been better bringing up in your reports to the VAFA rather than a forum on a footy site? give it up, it's embarrassing.

So if you are a VAFA rep as you claim, who are you? don't hide behind an alias, as my alias is my nickname down at South Mornington. Also if you were a VAFA rep would this not have been better bringing up in your reports to the VAFA rather than a forum on a footy site? give it up, it's embarrassing.

No need pal, as I am not a VAFA rep but just someone who is associated with another club in D4 and have a strong dislike about how south go about things. Only came to my attention when i met some players out in the city and noticed i had seen them playing for you so spoke to them. My problem is more on field after being on the receiving end of a few cheapys behind play but from what these guys said sounds like you have much bigger problems off field. Anyway good luck bud, would like to say seeya out on the field come grand final day but... thats right, didnt make it there.
Glad a few team mates told me about this haha it really is that easy to get under the skin of a couple of you guys. Not guilty of anything are you?

No need pal, as I am not a VAFA rep but just someone who is associated with another club in D4 and have a strong dislike about how south go about things. Only came to my attention when i met some players out in the city and noticed i had seen them playing for you so spoke to them. My problem is more on field after being on the receiving end of a few cheapys behind play but from what these guys said sounds like you have much bigger problems off field. Anyway good luck bud, would like to say seeya out on the field come grand final day but... thats right, didnt make it there.
Glad a few team mates told me about this haha it really is that easy to get under the skin of a couple of you guys. Not guilty of anything are you?

So you are tied to a club? your'e not? your'e a VAFA rep? your'e not? you are a player? your'e not? your'e a disgruntled ex-coach! i'm not here for a slanging match, name who you are and your club or move on, as i don't think you can name your club, as you don't have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back