Confirmed Dan Houston - Joins Collingwood as part of 3-way trade with Port and GC

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it's a terrible trade but he's not worth two first rounders?

Can you explain that one to me?

Either he is worth two first rounders, and we got fleeced because we didn't get 2

Or he's not worth 2 firsts and that makes the trade not bad?
He’s not worth two first rounders..

But he’s worth way more than the shite you just got for him.

Mid top 10 pick (around pick 5) if you ask me..

Pick 13.. which will drift.. and some later round speculators is just ridiculously bad.

Add in taking on two salary dumps for no return and it looks even more terrible.

Pick 13.. which will drift.. and some later round speculators is just ridiculously bad.

Add in taking on two salary dumps for no return and it looks even more terrible.

Every Port fan know it's a shit deal mate

You think he's worth pick 5 but he's not worth 2 late first rounders?

That does not make a whole lot of sense buddy.

Why would port take Atkins contract ?
Just makes no sense at all

Give away Houston for unders
Take Luko contract on fully
And Atkins

WTF ?

Cant wait for Karen on the radio tomorrow morning
My guess was that GC weren't willing to hand over #29 with out the Atkins dump. It was a bit of icing to make their cap a little better. I'm not saying that the Atkins dump was worth #29 in total. It was just what got it over the line.

tenor.gif
I almost felt sorry for them... almost.

The funny thing is they were wondering how to blame it on Ken.

You think he's worth pick 5 but he's not worth 2 late first rounders?

That does not make a whole lot of sense buddy.
2 late first rounders is never the same as a pick 5.

Any club that trades pick 5 for 2 late firsts is either fxxkn stupid or has a top 5 Father Son they know will be bid on before pick 5 and so they need to burn it..

picks in the top 5 are gold… which is why the west coast deal has somewhat angered their supporter base.. even though it was for two picks under 15.. which they used one of to get something else..

Surely no one could look at that WC trade and not think “WTF, why?”.. Port saw that trade and said “hold my beer”..

2 late first rounders is never the same as a pick 5.

Any club that trades pick 5 for 2 late firsts is either fxxkn stupid or has a top 5 Father Son they know will be bid on before pick 5 and so they need to burn it..

picks in the top 5 are gold…

Lets all follow along
  • So Dan Houston is worth pick about 5
  • And pick 5 is worth ALOT more than two late firsts..
  • But Houston is not worth two late firsts...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets all follow along
  • So Dan Houston is worth pick about 5
  • And pick 5 is worth ALOT more than two late firsts..
  • But Houston is not worth two late firsts...
You seem a little confused.

Firstly.. You didnt get two late firsts for him.. you got pick 13 and some junk speculators.. and pretty much, in the deal, gave up your F1 for Luko (god only knows why given he came with a massive salary and couldnt make the suns 23 at the end of the season)

I said in my opinion he was worth a pick around 5.
You’re the one claiming thats the same as two late firsts not me. i’m saying its not.

Side note… You cant add up a whole heap of late picks and simply claim that they add up to the same as pick 5.. it never works like that.. top 5 picks are where you snag the elite players.

Firstly.. You didnt get two late firsts for him.. you got pick 13 and some junk speculators.. and pretty much, in the deal, gave up your F1 for Luko (god only knows why given he came with a massive salary and couldnt make the suns 23 at the end of the season)

You’re the one claiming thats the same as two late firsts not me. i’m saying its not.

Side note… You cant add up a whole heap of late picks and simply claim that they add up to the same as pick 5.. it never works like that.. top 5 picks are where you snag the elite players.

No i'm just throwing your own logic back at you, and you don't seem to understand your logical fallacies.

It's fine, we can move on

Death, taxes and Crows / Port fans engaging in knife fights over semantics.
This thread is the digital Ramsgate.
Its gold isn't it!..

Beating up on each other for crows and port fans is a given…

Can you image the squeals of joy coming from port fans if this was a crows trade outcome.. there’d have been another 119 pages added to this thread in the last couple of hours..

He’d checked out he is going to excel at Port.

Nah GC got the points they need plus a player who fills a need. Port got two trade targets they identified and moved on a highly paid half back.
Think GCS fared best.
Offloaded two players at decent value and removed their salaries from the cap, got the bloke they were targeting and head out the door with some pretty decent future picks for their trouble.
I think my mob is probably too optimistic in gauging where the list is at with a number of older players a year older again. Think we are going to regret it.
For Port, hard to say.
Lukosius could be anything, but he's underwhelmed to date and is on a fairly sizable wage.
Ratkins is depth and they are absorbing a wage above depth player level short-term (apparently).
Richards is handy and they get some decent picks but all the 2024 picks will slide a fair bit.
Port fans don't seem overly happy, but it doesn't seem catastrophically bad, tbh.

After years of getting reemed it was good to do the reeming. But, to be fair, as a team that's not known for absolutely trying to bend everyone over there's probably some good will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Dan Houston - Joins Collingwood as part of 3-way trade with Port and GC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back