List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol. Nothing you’ve said here makes what I’ve said untrue.

Ahh yes, I forgot that you're always right about everything and almost never will even be willing to consider a different viewpoint to your own. Carry on.

Still plenty of water under the bridge to go.

Let the List Guys do their thing.

I mean he's a dual AA, elite kicking, QB seagull of the highest order.

The offers will be upped. I don't even think there are many other Vics coming home to rock the boat.

He's definitely the jewel for the trading period for a Melbourne team wanting a great player to finish off their build like Carlton, extend their window like Collingwood or actually be relevant in the trade game and build towards changing the perception of the club in the Kangaroos. And why not a smokey like Melbourne to throw their hat back in the ring. Houston would fit like a glove in that backline.

I'm just going to be patient and wait to see the haul and then analyse it.

I wrote a similar message to a person at Port and they were very quick to remind me that the media don't influence trades getting done on any side. The media are typically reporting info that was disseminating among list managers well before it gets reported.

The media reporters also report with bias given their allegiance (fandom) of certain teams. Lots of Pies fans in the media - it's why Glen McFarlane for instance was implying that Port needed to add a sweetener to get the Houston deal done - because he's a mad Pies fan.

Same goes for Jon Ralph and Richmond.

Don't worry about what the media are saying right now. There really are only a few dominos anyone should take notice of:

• who gets pick 13?
  • does North split pick 2?
  • do Carlton come late and offer 12 and 14?
  • does the Luko trade occur independently of Collingwood getting involved?

I suspect we will have many more answers in the next 24 hours.

If I was a betting man, my money would be on Houston ending up at North.
But but but Sam Edmond said it’s farcical to think journalist are skewed in their reporting based on the team they support!!!!! 😂

How desperate is Houston wanting to go back to Vic?
Very desperate, which is why Port aren't doing a deal with Collingwood while they know North have a superior offer and that Houston will end up choosing North if he really wants to go back to Vic. Can't imagine him telling his GF "Sorry I love you but not enough to go to Kangas"

Why is he so desperate? I don’t think this has clearly been answered.

Why did he sign such a long term deal and accept a leadership position this year if he was so desperate to get back to Melbourne?

Is it just the partner or is there more to it?

Why did he sign such a long term deal and accept a leadership position this year if he was so desperate to get back to Melbourne?

I reckon it's purely commitment to partner and next phase of life. Bit more cash on a nice new deal and everything lines up nicely.

It's just the partner, and she wasn't on the scene when he signed his long term contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon it's purely commitment to partner and next phase of life. Bit more cash on a nice new deal and everything lines up nicely.

I just don’t get the long term deal, it was only 2 years ago he signed it and since then he has gone back to back AA’s.

Seems like such a strange time to bail, and also strange to commit so long to us if he had plans to head back to Melbourne.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I just don’t get the long term deal, it was only 2 years ago he signed it and since then he has gone back to back AA’s.

Seems like such a strange time to bail, and also strange to commit so long to us if he had plans to head back to Melbourne.

The GF only came on the scene this year.

Edit beaten to it

Yeah I’m struggling with this, it’s just not a good enough reason for me.

Seems pretty knee jerk to me.

If there was ever a situation for a club to dig their heels in it’s this one.

I reckon if we weren't in such desperate need of some decent draft picks we probably would be digging our heels in. My sense is that the club see it as an opportunity.

I reckon if we weren't in such desperate need of some decent draft picks we probably would be digging our heels in. My sense is that the club see it as an opportunity.
Which makes the list management team look even worse.

Just remember, when we eventually deal Dan Houston for a teens pick and some crappy sweetener, we shouldn't be looking at the deal as, say, Houston for 13 + 23 + Richards. We should be looking at it as Houston for a couple of Geelong and Richmond depth players + 23 + Richards. Because that's what we received last year for that 2024 first round pick which we're now desperately trying to get back and willing to sacrifice a contracted dual AA player for the privilege.

The GF only came on the scene this year.

Edit beaten to it

2023 actually. Pretty sure they met at Jack Silvagni's wedding.

It's both. The Club aren't kidding when they say they're happy for Dan to stay. But they also understand the value in this draft and hence if the right opportunity presents itself, they'll execute a trade.

Which makes the list management team look even worse.

Just remember, when we eventually deal Dan Houston for a teens pick and some crappy sweetener, we shouldn't be looking at the deal as, say, Houston for 13 + 23 + Richards. We should be looking at it as Houston for a couple of Geelong and Richmond depth players + 23 + Richards. Because that's what we received last year for that 2024 first round pick which we're now desperately trying to get back and willing to sacrifice a contracted dual AA player for the privilege.

Where have you concocted the idea that Port are desperate to get into this draft and are willing to sacrifice Houston to do so?

Guarantee it right now if Houston hadn't made the trade request they certainly wouldn't have actively pushed him out during this trade period.

But if you've got a player who doesn't want to be there it is at least worth investigating to see if there is a deal to be had which can satisfy all parties I would have thought.

Still plenty of water under the bridge to go.

Let the List Guys do their thing.

I mean he's a dual AA, elite kicking, QB seagull of the highest order.

The offers will be upped. I don't even think there are many other Vics coming home to rock the boat.

He's definitely the jewel for the trading period for a Melbourne team wanting a great player to finish off their build like Carlton, extend their window like Collingwood or actually be relevant in the trade game and build towards changing the perception of the club in the Kangaroos. And why not a smokey like Melbourne to throw their hat back in the ring. Houston would fit like a glove in that backline.

I'm just going to be patient and wait to see the haul and then analyse it.
Geez he is just the sort of player Port should be going after.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back