List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

So the board can veto this but gets railroaded into extending loser Palpatine every two years?

Anyway I'm expecting this to only get mildly adjusted then done today. Port will take it as a win because we got pick 23 instead of 29 or something. I'm hopeful it doesn't happen at all but this is 2024 Port Adelaide so it will and it'll be hugely disappointing

Has until today to pick his side - otherwise North withdraw their offer.
So he won't pick North, North will withdraw the offer, and we panic trade him to Collingwood for worse than we are getting now? Great

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel like that just big talk from North though. Come 4 hours to go tomorrow and Dan finally agrees to north, they will still attempt to get the deal done
Won’t be the same deal though, if they don’t have the same picks available after facilitating other deals

Port will take it as a win because we got pick 23 instead of 29 or something.
That's my worry, but surely that's not enough considering the board stepped in.

Maybe if it's 23 as well - the current deal is leaving us well short and GC isn't adequately reflecting the salary dump. But then Collingwood is still making out like bandits and not paying enough - they should probably be taking the Rat dump if they can't pay more.

Basically Port was getting massively screwed, so I don't think a 6 spot upgrade in the 20s alone gets it done.

I've backed Dan throughout this, telling people he's put us in as decent a trade position as he could've. But if what's being reported is true that he wants Collingwood & not North, and his camp is "furious" the deal fell over, he's quickly becoming enemy numero uno for me.

The Pies are behaving as smarmy and arrogantly as expected, screw em, like many have said here, Dan mate, you're contracted for another 3 years, unless you work with us and entertain North, we can revisit this in 12 months, see you in Feb.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I can see where you are coming from. What disappoints me is the fact that Dan did not understand the huge insult to Port Adelaide in including Atkins in the deal to get his wish do play for the wobblers. Atkins the most hated creature emerging from the swamp.
Collingwood (& GC) need a lesson in SA football politics!

Last edited:
I can see where you are coming from. What disappoints me is fact the Dan did not understand the huge insult to Port Adelaide in including Atkins in the deal to get his wish do play for the wobblers. Atkins the most hated individual emerging from the swamp.
I would be surprised if Dan is personally across the details of any trade suggestion.

His management would rubber stamp it (for optics and because they want an increased salary and longer contract from Collingwood).

So he won't pick North, North will withdraw the offer, and we panic trade him to Collingwood for worse than we are getting now? Great

No. He stays. Collingwood will have a real deal up by lunchtime or he's at North or stays.

I'm Dan's management I'm putting a midday deadline on Collingwood having a deal done or its off to North. I don't think Dan really wants back at Port despite saying he was ok with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back