Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think there's any realistic scenario where Port ends up with this year's pick 2 in a Houston trade
I have no idea why Port would trade him to North and let them hang on to an asset like that. I mean you are probably right, but it makes no sense to do so.

I have no idea why Port would trade him to North and let them hang on to an asset like that. I mean you are probably right, but it makes no sense to do so.
I'd be happy for us to do it if you chuck enough stuff into the deal. But you don't have much available and are trying to get Richards and Luko as well. The numbers just don't add up.

Irrelevant 11/12 isn’t going to be enough if it’s the centre piece of your deal, we are under no obligation to trade him if the terms don’t get us the value the club wants

That’s my point irrespective of how inconvenient that is for blues fans who want him for a pack of chips

Ask yourself if we wanted one of your AA blokes would pick 12 and some coins from under couch get it done?
But but...a few posts the academy picks were a problem and now they are irrelevant? Hard to keep up.

But but...a few posts the academy picks were a problem and now they are irrelevant? Hard to keep up.
It was highlighting the value of the pick, yes its live position is unchanged but regardless its not enough and you know it

It wasn't even the main part of my point which I've since clarified

Indeed, we'll keep him right up until the moment we need to find a first rounder for Lukosious
If worse comes to worse we can use next years first round pick or maybe an upgraded second with extra mayo on top to get Lukosius. There are ways we can get Lukosius and keep Houston.

The club that needs to get the deal done is Gold Coast so they can pay Andrew and Rioli.

Ideally we should be getting a Bowes type deal but that is reserved for Geelong.

Irrelevant 11/12 isn’t going to be enough if it’s the centre piece of your deal, we are under no obligation to trade him if the terms don’t get us the value the club wants

That’s my point irrespective of how inconvenient that is for blues fans who want him for a pack of chips

Ask yourself if we wanted one of your AA blokes would pick 12 and some coins from under couch get it done?
You need to remember you can only probably bank on that player for 3 years, early to mid 20s and he is worth more, late twenties depends on where your side is at.

Port are in the window so would rather keep him than gain a draft pick
Carlton would trade 12 for him right now for the same reason.

North on the other hand would be mad to trade away pick 12 for a player thats probably going to be out the gate before their kids take a step together.

3 way:

GCS: Recieve Pick 11
Port: Recieves Lukosius
Carlton: Recieves Houston and Rosas Jnr

What extra pieces would even up this trade
We wouldn't want to straight swap Houston for Luko
Carlton making out like bandits, but guessing that's why you like it.

We wouldn't want to straight swap Houston for Luko
Carlton making out like bandits, but guessing that's why you like it.

Fair enough. But Port need a pick 11 to get a Lukosius and we have one to give you.

Respect what you say about Houston’s worth, he’s real good.

We coughed up pick 8 for Saad a few years back. 11 is not too far away (but I think I agree steak knives are required).

Fair enough. But Port need a pick 11 to get a Lukosius and we have one to give you.

We coughed up pick 8 for Saad a few years back. 11 is not too far away (but I think I agree steak knives are required).
Gold Coast arent going to want 11, they'll prefer future picks. Port F1 is spot on for him

No we don't. Lukosius is like Bowes to Geelong they need to get him out to keep them under the cap That Mac Andrew money has to come from somewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast arent going to want 11, they'll prefer future picks. Port F1 is spot on for him
Seeing they are a distressed seller we'd rather the Bowes deal thanks. But what you are saying will be the fall back position particularly if we cannot get the deal we want for Houston and he stays. Another option is a possible upgrade of our second rounder (36) maybe using Soldo

Seeing they are a distressed seller we'd rather the Bowes deal thanks. But what you are saying will be the fall back position particularly if we cannot get the deal we want for Houston and he stays. Another option is a possible upgrade of our second rounder (36) maybe using Soldo
They seem to have made a point to use the media to emphasise this is not a "get rid of him" situation. Maybe it is and they are hiding it well but I think a top 20 pick next year is pretty fair. I actually think he'll be a good pick-up for you guys though the forwardline would really hum with a Dixon that was 5 years younger.

Regardless, I dont really think any shenanigans are needed between Houston and Luko to pay for one another though Port have had a lot of success in the past conning other teams to pay for their players in a multi team trade so they'll probably keep at it.

LOL. The argument started with a poster saying Port should shop Houston for the best deal then give him the option of going to that club or staying. I pointed out that it never happens this way. You have then proceeded to provide examples of it not happening that way, then telling me I am wrong.
You asked has this happened before

I gave you an example

You then proceed to ignore and continue
let it go as its an example that you asked for and got

Simple - Move on

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back