Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to trade him to get the draft capital to get him. You have no first this year, and you have to take next years to the draft, as you have exceeded the amount of firsts you can trade out. So yeah, you need to trade him out to get Luko
It’s already been talked about in the Lukosius thread. It could only be a 2nd, with his massive salary being taken on. Even if it is a 1st, Port can ask for the exemption to trade their future 1st.

IMO, I think it’s a low chance Houston has anything to do with Luko. Port could end up keeping him and gaining Luko seperatly.
Let's just relax a little.
What? I don’t think anyone is worked up over it.

**** I love Carlton fans. A few days ago, it was Port kicking him out. Now, Houston went out on his own and asked the Blues to trade for him.

Can’t wait to hear the next story they make up.
How do you explain - he wants to go, then …he loves the place & wants to stay, then he wants to go again?

You might want to look inward!

Carlton position seems to be we don’t need an elite HB so won’t pay.

Question is why bother pursuing a player and then putting forward a trade offer which is so far unders it could never be accepted.

Blues should just move on. They look like tyre kickers of the worst kind.
Melbourne pursued him and convinced him to leave then became a basket case so Houston went cold on them, it's his management that then started shopping him around and we have said we are happy to have him but won't compromise what we already have planned.

This isn't Carlton head hunting him telling him he is the missing link to winning a flag and then not lifting every stone to make it happen.

Houston has talked to Clarko over the weekend.

Probably sat there for 40 minutes as Clarko drawled on about how back in my day..... yawn 🥱

Hopefully not though and he goes to Norf. Mercenaries begone.

I think Carlton are bringing a swiss army knife to a sword fight with this one

They gotta forget about it and move on. He isnt even a big need for them anyway. The deplorabe half forwards are of much bigger concern id have thought

Ball movement and precise kicking isn't a big need for Carlton? Since when?

How do you explain - he wants to go, then …he loves the place & wants to stay, then he wants to go again?

You might want to look inward!
I don’t know how you’ve interpreted that, but the whole “I want to stay” was when he was asked before finals. Then, when Port were out of finals, he requested a trade. What did you want him to say? He didn’t want to add distractions to his teammates during finals.

I’m almost certain he said he wasn’t going earlier in the year too. He did the right thing by waiting for the season to be over before publicly announcing it.

I don’t know how you’ve interpreted that, but the whole “I want to stay” was when he was asked before finals. Then, when Port were out of finals, he requested a trade. What did you want him to say? He didn’t want to add distractions to his teammates during finals.

I’m almost certain he said he wasn’t going earlier in the year too. He did the right thing by waiting for the season to be over before publicly announcing it.
Clearly his manager is working the room - feeding the media.

CFC have zero to do with what’s being said.

Your all frocked up & nowhere to go!

Explosion Reaction GIF

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly his manager is working the room - feeding the media.

CFC have zero to do with what’s being said.

Your all frocked up & know where to go!

Explosion Reaction GIF
Apparently he wasn't much even on our radar until he and his manager approached us.

Sounds like if we can make it work then great, otherwise move on.

Apparently he wasn't much even on our radar until he and his manager approached us.

Sounds like if we can make it work then great, otherwise move on.
Could have something to do with the amount of years sitting on his contract and thoughts that he is totally unattainable.

Crazy Vossy spent years working with Houston.

Today I learned that teams can only have one big need at a time. Thank you for the lesson.
Today I learned you can put 100% of your assets into fixing 1 issue and pray the other 3 magically fix themselves

For a HB id be aiming cheaper so you can actually pick up a proper half forward as opposed to the injured carcas that is Oraszio Fantasia

Port: So our asking price is two first rounders, he is contracted for another three years after all

Carlton: How does Matt Owies sound?

Even peak Dodoro wouldn't dream of such an embarrassing offer.
Mate Dodoro asked for our first round pick at the time + one of Curnow, McKay or Walsh in the Saad deal when that all went down.

Nobody Dodos like the King đź‘‘

Houston doesn’t want North

Carlton’s this year first + future second and third
Ports this years late second + late third

Deals done already

This is literally not allowed. Nice try though.

Today I learned you can put 100% of your assets into fixing 1 issue and pray the other 3 magically fix themselves

Not sure where you learned this. Seems like you made it up.

For a HB id be aiming cheaper so you can actually pick up a proper half forward as opposed to the injured carcas that is Oraszio Fantasia

Thanks for this. I'll pass it onto Nick Austin and the Carlton list management team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back