David Mundy of the Dockers wants to play for a Victorian club next year

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL - Victoria IS a welfare state - always will be a net drain on the rest of Australia. The similarities with Norf's are amazing. VIC = no jobs, no future for its youth, but very happy to spend other peoples money. They have no sustainable plans for the future, except money drain on others. Perhaps NZ was the only smart colony, refusing to join the Vic/NSW dictatorship.

Anyway I would think GC would have dibs on Mundy if he goes anywhere - wait and see - Brad Hardies always has been a hack "reporter". Lets face it most footy "reporters" are the slime hanger-ons of footy industry.

In WA there's a common saying "if you really want to save the planet, kill a Vic a day" - all they do is take from all others in the world and contribute nothing

West Coast had a drug culture cos there's nothing else to do in WA.

Back on topic. Some club is going to pay too much for Mundy. He's found his niche at Freo... can't see him being decent anywhere else.

My initial thought was something around 6-15. He has more footy left than Burgoyne for sure, but Burgoyne at his peak was better (Mundy probably hasn't reached his peak - that should be in the next 2 years). Mundy also seems to drop in and out of game a bit - but he can pull out some huge quarters and hurt the opposition.

His raw stats don't scream top 10 pick:

Stat - Average - Rank in League
Disposals - 22.7 - 54th
Kicks - 11.0 - Not in Top 100
Handballs - 11.7 - 43rd
Tackles - 5.0 - 59th
First possessions - 5.4 - 25th
Contested Possessions - 8.8 - 80th
Clearances - 4.0 - 33rd
Effective Disposals - 15.4 - 90th (Disposal Efficiency - 68%)
Inside 50s - 3.4 - 72nd
Long Kicks - 4.8 - 67th

That said, he was the second best midfielder in a good team. I was surprised by his low disposal efficiency, as when he gets the ball, good things usually happen.

However, he is probably best suited to being the second best midfielder in the team (or rather, not being the main inside clearance player). After Barlow went down, Mundy had to take on more responsibility at the clearances and his average disposals and clearances both dropped (23.3 to 21.6 and 4.5 to 3.1). His disposal efficiency also dropped significantly without Barlow (by 2.4 eff. disp. per game) - but his contested possessions and 1st possessions both increased slightly.

So if he went to a club with an already established clearance king, he'd be the icing on the cake - a guy who can get clearances as well as set up play in open space. If a club wants to get a ready made clearance machine to take the no 1 tag and build a midfield around, he probably isn't the guy.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone have a ping with a pick around 8-12 if he is the type they need (maybe Essendon or Melbourne?).
**** ... this post sticks out like a sore thumb for being logical, well researched and balanced... what on earth are you doing in this thread sir ?

Please provide a link to where this has been confirmed...
That is the speculation ... I am merely hypothesising... as much as Brad Hardie is a twat he has nothing to gain by making something like this up and even more credibility to lose if he is wrong.... if Mundys manager knows he wants to go home I'd suggest most of the clubs in Melbourne would know as a lot of them are doing list management and knowing that he may be available may alter their plans.. similar to the way Judd was shopped around mid-2007 by paul connors.

seeing as though hes probably as important now as Pav, i would say a top 10 pick or a pretty good player and a 10-20. He is one of the most underrated players in the comp.
But I guarantee he wont be going anywhere.

I wouldn't hesitate giving up Essendons pick #8. :thumbsu:

David Mundy doesn't even have a single brownlow vote. Not sure how highly rated he really is. He can play a mean half a game of football but rarely pulls out a 4 quarter game. Regardless, time to pony up eastern state sides. WOoo it's jackpot time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard rumours he has spoken to Richmond. Not sure what we could offer Freo for him though.

With respect, there aren't too many Richmond players i'd like to swap him for (The only ones I could think of would be the untouchables Reiwoldt, Martin Cotchin etc...) so it would probably be draft picks from the Tiges.

I hope he does go to a club like the Bombers.

A player like Pears would be a good start at the negotiating table. Who/What else can you offer?

lol Why do 99.9% of BF posters speak shit when it comes to trade talk?

Essendon would most likely offer up our 2nd round pick + a Houli or Riemers (even though he is recently signed) and would probably go as far as giving up our1st rounder as negotiations progressed.

Freo would have zero hope of getting Pears as any part of a trade by himself let alone him just being a "starting point". wtf seriously some people are off their heads.

If you wanted Pears, Mundy would be a "good" starting point, but him alone wouldn't get the deal done.

Remove this Banner Ad

David Mundy of the Dockers wants to play for a Victorian club next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back