Mega Thread Dayle Garlett - I did but see him passing by... allegedly in a stolen vehicle (thanks Josh)

Remove this Banner Ad

It is common human weakness to be judgmental of others, especially if he plays for the sports team you support. As FC stated above he has had 12 good months in WA and we still label him as 'bad boy' Garlett. I personally dislike the title of this thread and hope the club leaders help in getting Garlett involved in positive activities outside of AFL that will win back respect from the AFL world (especially the media). I wonder how many of us made wrong choices in our teens and got away with it because we were not potential AFL stars.

I am confident he will play round 1 . Stands out on the track incredibly and his pace and skill are to be seen. If he plays 15 games this year don't be surprised to see 30 goals beside his name come the end of the year.

Serious Talent and at some stage this year will kick a bag in the seniors. Has all the tools.

I am confident he will play round 1 . Stands out on the track incredibly and his pace and skill are to be seen. If he plays 15 games this year don't be surprised to see 30 goals beside his name come the end of the year.

Serious Talent and at some stage this year will kick a bag in the seniors. Has all the tools.

Stands out on the track....yes the colour of his boots are extraordinary.

Sounds like Cyril might struggle to get back in after he serves his suspension.

;)

sick of the headline 'bad boy' .. ffs he had a drink and a smoke ... now he is a perennial 'bad boy' ... give the kid a break.

I agree completely . This idea of sticking a problem, by name, onto a young person is paper talk and media crap to talk about something when nothing is happening.
Or, its two competing editors trying to compete in who can think up the best punchline when discussing a new player.
Everyone has stuffed up at some stage . He'll be fine, Hawthorn is a marvellous club and an institution , good behaviour is a basic lesson learned by most Hawks, if he goes astray he'll be brought into line.
But for heavens sakes media give up , with the labels.

I think we're all getting a little precious on this board. Not a single club was willing to take a top 5 draft pick (on talent) with even their last rookie pick. That's far worse than what a lot of guys labelled 'bad boy' did before they were drafted. If Dayle keeps his head down and makes a name for himself out on the football field, then nobody will care what he did before he was drafted. Until that point, he is still just a super talented player who almost blew his career because of off field incidents. Until he gets media attention for something else, he will be the bad boy. I suggest you lot learn to deal with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad boy - sounds so comical really. Reminds me of one of my favourite Seinfeld ep's

george-costanza-jacket.jpg

He is a bootlegger?

I think we're all getting a little precious on this board. Not a single club was willing to take a top 5 draft pick (on talent) with even their last rookie pick. That's far worse than what a lot of guys labelled 'bad boy' did before they were drafted. If Dayle keeps his head down and makes a name for himself out on the football field, then nobody will care what he did before he was drafted. Until that point, he is still just a super talented player who almost blew his career because of off field incidents. Until he gets media attention for something else, he will be the bad boy. I suggest you lot learn to deal with it.

I get what you say, Prudster, but I think most here object to the "Bad Boy" title of the article.

Why prejudge him when we know nothing of him?
Why assume the worst, why not take him as just another recruit, and allow him to make his way?

A Geelong supporting relation of mine s******ed at me and said we are just recruiting trouble. I asked him what Garlett had done and he said something vague about media reports. All he could say were that there were rumours out there.

Yes, that's the way to judge someone's character.
But he's a Geelong supporter ...

I get what you say, Prudster, but I think most here object to the "Bad Boy" title of the article.

Why prejudge him when we know nothing of him?
Why assume the worst, why not take him as just another recruit, and allow him to make his way?

A Geelong supporting relation of mine s******ed at me and said we are just recruiting trouble. I asked him what Garlett had done and he said something vague about media reports. All he could say were that there were rumours out there.

Yes, that's the way to judge someone's character.
But he's a Geelong supporter ...

What do you mean we know nothing of him? I'm guessing a number of people checked out his Facebook page when his issues all came to light in 2012. I know i did, and it was pretty much what the media reports said it was. To be honest, that's exactly the kind of thing that earns you the bad boy tag.

Compared to previous bad boy draftees like Buddy and Dustin Martin, Garlett has certainly done the most to earn the tag (at least pre-draft). Every single recruiter doesn't skip over a top 5 talent for nothing.

What do you mean we know nothing of him? I'm guessing a number of people checked out his Facebook page when his issues all came to light in 2012. I know i did, and it was pretty much what the media reports said it was. To be honest, that's exactly the kind of thing that earns you the bad boy tag.

Compared to previous bad boy draftees like Buddy and Dustin Martin, Garlett has certainly done the most to earn the tag (at least pre-draft). Every single recruiter doesn't skip over a top 5 talent for nothing.

So, you're happy to judge him on rumours?

Or on the basis of something on Facebook?

I don't understand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can't possibly be serious - the kid is a goddam choir boy compared to those two

he is a very confident young man decided to check his instagram (another social media trend which is strictly just photos) and he does not mind taking photo and photos of himself , also made his break up with his mrs public on there and has a heap of girls talking to him not saying at all its a bad thing just hope his ego doesn't take over

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Dayle Garlett - I did but see him passing by... allegedly in a stolen vehicle (thanks Josh)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back