Dees vs Tigers Friday Night

Remove this Banner Ad

goDees22 said:
I'm worried.

We are a better team i reckon, but knowing us, we are bound to lose one of the next 2.

We won from rounds 4-8, 5 in a row, then lost, now we've won another 5 in a row and i reckon this will be the one that we drop.

Plus i hate richmond and know many of their supporters who will give me s*** about it.

The game we lost was WCE at Subi. We didn't drop that game, WCE were too good.
I think Friday will show if we are better than teams of previous years in regards to dropping games we should win. I think this week it will be close until we pull away in the 2nd half after our pressure wears them down. People have underestimated how fit our side has become this year. We will win this week.

It amazes me that the Richmond supporters are so confident. On paper our team is leagues in front of theirs.

Like I wouldn't be shocked if Richmond beats us, but surely coming into the game we'd be favourites. So I think the Richmond supporters should approach this game with humilty instead of being so cocky.

It should be a good game because both teams are playing competively, however I think Melbourne will win by 20 points.

CowboyFromHell said:
Bruce will murder lids, TJ - Johnno will be a good match up, Green is too good for Krak, McLean is 15 classes above Polo, Pickett's "weak" attacks will still knock Foley six feet under, McDonald will probably run with Tuck and Yze won't play down back on Pettifer.

Since you mentioned those match ups, I'm changing my prediction - Dees by 10 goals.

talk about overrating your side lol.

davey_magik said:
The game we lost was WCE at Subi. We didn't drop that game, WCE were too good.
I think Friday will show if we are better than teams of previous years in regards to dropping games we should win. I think this week it will be close until we pull away in the 2nd half after our pressure wears them down. People have underestimated how fit our side has become this year. We will win this week.

You could still lose this weekend and be better than in previous years, even good teams, great teams in fact, drop the occasional game throughout the year.

rick James said:
Crowd advantage came in real handy last year. You realise to get any advantage out ofit, your fans actually need to have something to cheer about, right?

My prediction: Melbourne by ten goals

Nathan Brown will be put off by Matthew Whelan's mere presence, who will hopefully get in his ear early, maybe a small pish and shove or some such, Brown is mentally soft and it won't take much to put him off his game with Whelan scragging him.

I'm concerned about Richo - usually Nicho kills him, but he won't be playing this week so it could be a killer against us.

I say stick Bruce at CHF, Dunn in the pocket, Neitz at FF - Neitz loves having space to lead into, and without Miller or Dunn blocking it he will get all the space he wants. Dunn is a good player close to goals, and Bowden will then have to take on Dunn deep in the pocket, negating Bowden's run - or Bruce at CHF who will kill him all over the ground and make him accountable.

Or we could just get Miller to go and smash his face in again like last year. either way is good.

I can't see KJ beating Travis Johnstone, with TJ's lighter frame it really shows when he's getting scragged, and because he plays so cleanly himself, the umps always seem to be looking for frees against him. Bartram vs Deledio or Tambling should be a cracker :)

Yze will be the dangerman, he murdered the tigers last year with some ridiculous goals playing from the goalsquare. Can't really see a good match up for him.

Davey will do his thing, even when he doesn't get a lot of it he still usually makes good use of his touches which is why it's hard to shut him out, in fact, you pretty much can't. It's more up to him than anything - will probably chip in with 1 or 2 with a small chance of runing riot.

Pettifer is the real danger man, we haven't come accross too many forward lines with two gun small forwards. And the fact is we don't have two Matthew Whelans - Chris Johnson might be too inexperienced for such a big job, maybe we should bring Wheatley back in but even then I'm not convinced - actually Ward will get the job and try and rough him up. Depending who is hurting us more on the scoreboard I can see Whelan and Ward rotating between Brown and Pettifer. Both have been genuinely damaging for us the other way too so Brown's fitness might get exploited.

White VS Simmonds: Master VS Apprentice and if the media had any idea this week would be touted as the battle for AA ruckman, not last week. Should be a cracker but I'm backing white, the cagey veteran ruckman, to take the points.
Why bother turning up... sounds like you're going to win by 20 goals.
If only it was that easy...
White - All Australian? Ha!

JonnyW said:
It amazes me that the Richmond supporters are so confident. On paper our team is leagues in front of theirs.

Like I wouldn't be shocked if Richmond beats us, but surely coming into the game we'd be favourites. So I think the Richmond supporters should approach this game with humilty instead of being so cocky.

It should be a good game because both teams are playing competively, however I think Melbourne will win by 20 points.

If richmond supporters are acting cocky about this game then they are getting ahead of themselves.
Melbourne are defenitaly favourites this friday nite, they do have a great team. The tigers are doing so well because its an even contribution, the kids are ahead of expectation and are playing some nice footy.

I think we may knock you off this game but wouldnt be suprised if you won either.

Lets hope there is 65k+ there and we have an exciting game.

Coyote said:
If richmond supporters are acting cocky about this game then they are getting ahead of themselves.
Melbourne are defenitaly favourites this friday nite, they do have a great team. The tigers are doing so well because its an even contribution, the kids are ahead of expectation and are playing some nice footy.

I think we may knock you off this game but wouldnt be suprised if you won either.

Lets hope there is 65k+ there and we have an exciting game.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if you do, however Melbourne seem to have shaken the voodoo of inconsistency, that's why I feel confident.

I'm glad Richmond are going well though and I am looking forward to a good game.

G day melbourne fans,

I think this will be a huge game but it's clear to me that melbourne are a classier side at this point in time. From a richmond supporters point of view i'm seriously worried about yze, davey and byron pickett. Although it will great to see our young players such as Polo, Foley, Raines, Matty white tested against your young guns. Jay Shulz is my trump this week and I reckon all the attention will be on richo. I'm hoping for a dry night and a strong 60 000 crowd and i'm glad it's our home game. If we come to play like we have the last few weeks anything could happen. Melb should get up if they are on.

Gd luck and go tigez

Match of the round and so it should be. 60,000 people there, for people to say our fans will come out of the woodwork. Besides Collingwood We have the most people going to our games that says alot. Were a good chance to beat Melbourne so looking forward to the task

If we play as we have the last 2 weeks we should sneak home by 11 points.
U guys r due for another crack in the armor.

i reckon it will be a very close game, depends how well we start off, if where having a bad/good day etc.. but its at the MCG, so i think thats a chance. although we beat collingwood, so did melbourne :) so i reckon chances are 50/50, anyone can win, because richmond is "a team on the rise" (so i've been told) although we have risen, we can fall down as well..

and i must add, i do agree with oxx..
If we play as we have the last 2 weeks we should sneak home by 11 points.
U guys r due for another crack in the armor.

Good to see that no one has lost their nut from both the Melbourne and Richmond supporter camps, not laying into the other team, very mature stuff guys. So far so good, looking forward to it:thumbsu:

CaptainDavey said:
Good to see that no one has lost their nut from both the Melbourne and Richmond supporter camps, not laying into the other team, very mature stuff guys. So far so good, looking forward to it:thumbsu:

u guys have a fair side, will take our best game to win....if we can reproduce the effort V the Pies a couple of weeks back it promises to be a helluva game:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Madtiger2006 said:
if collingwood had 3 good years in the last quarter of a century, would you expect them to be getting about 30,000 members the last 10 years and average crowds of 40,000 over that 25 year period? I doubt they would have done any better. It's time for the Tiger generation to begin and we will prove we are the biggest club in Melbourne and maybe even the league. I can see us getting 40,000-50,000 members after 2 years of success. We won't even hear the Melbourne cheer amongst the booing from 50,000 tigers on Friday night ;)

The Dees will be outnumbered 4-1. Will be a massive Tiger crowd on Friday. Weather is supposed to be fine, but cold obviously. As long as there is no rain, you will see the REAL army of the AFL out in force. We had minimum 35,000 tiger fans at the game against the Kangas on a day that was one of the coldest i can remember. Top temp of 6 degrees. We will easily get more than that on a Friday night after consecutive wins. Hope you Dee supporters come out as well and we could reach 70,000.

Deestroy said:
It's sad when supporters resort to arguing over crowd size/cheer squad quality etc.

Nothing beats a massive crowd with an electric atmosphere. A big reason why it is so great to be a Tiger supporter.

For the record, i think the Dees will be too good in this one. Too many guns and winners everwhere; especially in the midfield and up forward. Cogs & Newman are big losses for us as well in the midfield and defence respectively and will be too much to try and overcome against your quality unit.

GO TIGES!!!

Big game, big stage, big stakes. Win for us is so important given the month of footy we have ahead of us (Dees, Swans, Dogs, Saints). Must win two of these. More importantly this is the stage where, over the past decade or so, we have fallen flat on our faces. Similar scenario to last year in fact. going well, Friday night lights, the hype starts to get out of control and then we lose dismally. I think we're made of better stuff nowadays and I'll be interested to see how we respond to the challenge of playing a genuine quality outfit. Obviously I hope we win and I genuinely believe we are a chance, but as far as the flag goes then I truly hope Melbourne can win it (if we can't which is certainly beyond us at this stage in our development as a club). Time the cup came back home and if the Dees are good enough then so be it.

Don't have an official source but it's someone down at the club who told me.
IN: Dunn, Wheatley/Ferguson (one of them)
OUT: Miller, Read

Don't know if there are other changes but he told me those two.

Vic Crow said:
Don't have an official source but it's someone down at the club who told me.
IN: Dunn, Wheatley/Ferguson (one of them)
OUT: Miller, Read

Don't know if there are other changes but he told me those two.
yeah Wheatley and Dunn in for Miller (hip flexor) and Read, although i think Miller would have been dropped anyway. Good to see Dunn back for my DT

Not so nice win Dees but a good win indeed.

Who was that young fourth gameTiger that shut down Aaron Davey while he was on him? Davey even needed Picket to rough the young bloke up to try and keep him away but couldn't.

Bengal Tiger said:
Who was that young fourth gameTiger that shut down Aaron Davey while he was on him? Davey even needed Picket to rough the young bloke up to try and keep him away but couldn't.
straws.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Dees vs Tigers Friday Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back