Review Dees v Suns - Good Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. I hate the idea of him in another jumper but he is nearly 31 with a body under midfield punishment for a long time now, and he doesn’t have the versatility to play out the back end of his career in a different role.

I really wish that all other teams had a salary cap to stop them from their dastardly cheating ways, but we could have some extras for a red and blue retirement fund, like people who adopt retired racehorses or greyhounds. We could have Crossey, Viney out there in a nice field in snug red and blue blankets. Pedo would be there. I could take them apples.

I've thought for a long time AFL contracts should have 5% off cap for guys still at the club that drafted them.

I've thought for a long time AFL contracts should have 5% off cap for guys still at the club that drafted them.
That is a brilliant idea. It wouldn’t stop the team hopping but would reward at least to some extent the people that dig in and try to build a club.

I don't want them to extend him at all but if we do it beyond 2026 we are ****ing stupid as hell. Would much rather get a look at him in 2025 before we talk about contracts, but clearly North are going to come hard so we will need to put a contract in front of him or he requests a trade.
If North offer him something silly like 4 years I'd tell Viney to enjoy his payday and tell North we'll give them our first and Viney for their first and second.

If North offer him something silly like 4 years I'd tell Viney to enjoy his payday and tell North we'll give them our first and Viney for their first and second.

Yep. I'd much rather keep Viney and give Oliver the flick but not sure that'll happen (I don't buy the club guaranteeing guys will be there next year though, they'd be stupid to say any different).

I didn't see the game playing footy. But decent to see the team do well without Oliver in the team and the gold coast streak to become a decade long now

I didn't see the game playing footy. But decent to see the team do well without Oliver in the team and the gold coast streak to become a decade long now
Did the streak start with the Lalalalamumba game?

Yep. I'd much rather keep Viney and give Oliver the flick but not sure that'll happen (I don't buy the club guaranteeing guys will be there next year though, they'd be stupid to say any different).
My guess is that Oliver stays - inevitable given the size of his contract plus his form plus off-field issues, nobody would pay the price for us to release him. Trac stays because we can make him - and God help us but please work harder MFC to make it a place where he can believe he might produce his best football.

Viney does show the signs of a manager playing chicken in a bidding exercise. I want him to stay - not sure whether that is smart or sentimental - but I hope we don’t fall into the trap of making a stupidly long offer to the detriment of other things.

We are pretty dumb though, and have lunatic administration who have the stupidest notions about how to win back the love of the fan base, so it looks like Viney’s manager has picked his time very well.

Last edited:

I was there that day! Great fun. I was excited because we had a big crowd for playing an interstate team - like more than 30,000! Wowee.

Most of them were red and blue other than Adam Saads family - he had about 50 relatives or more on complimentary tickets. Amazing.

And it was our first sight of Jesse Hogan. He kicked 2 goals I think? He didn’t set the ground alight but you could tell what potential he might one day realise (for GWS)

I was there that day! Great fun. I was excited because we had a big crowd for playing an interstate team - like more than 30,000! Wowee.

Most of them were red and blue other than Adam Saads family - he had about 50 relatives or more on complimentary tickets. Amazing.

And it was our first sight of Jesse Hogan. He kicked 2 goals I think? He didn’t set the ground alight but you could tell what potential he might one day realise (for GWS)
Brayshaw and Garlett too. Was a fun day. That was the year you could feel the wheel starting to turn for us.

Brayshaw and Garlett too. Was a fun day. That was the year you could feel the wheel starting to turn for us.
Ooh yes! Brayshaw wasn’t played in the preseason games, but was really impressive and Jeff did one of his Jeff type goals and I stood up and elbowed some random in the head but she was super nice about it.

Ooh yes! Brayshaw wasn’t played in the preseason games, but was really impressive and Jeff did one of his Jeff type goals and I stood up and elbowed some random in the head but she was super nice about it.
What is funny about it is that very day a Melbourne poster started a “can the demons make the 8” thread on the main board

Bless!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad thing is we can only dream of moving the ball like this now.

What is funny about it is that very day a Melbourne poster started a “can the demons make the 8” thread on the main board

Bless!
I reckon I've got a clear favourite for who it was.

Sad thing is we can only dream of moving the ball like this now.

True. Our defence had basically nothing but holes, but there was a feeling of taking the game on which was so much fun

Watching the replay now so this will be topkent style. Dermot calling "Trent Rivers" "Jared" twice and David King whispering "Trent" to him was a little funny

Watching the replay now so this will be topkent style. Dermot calling "Trent Rivers" "Jared" twice and David King whispering "Trent" to him was a little funny
Viney did it too 😭

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Suns - Good Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back