Review Dees v Suns - Good Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean good on em for winning and happy for ANB to get to sing the song one more time. Can't say I really gave much of a shit, Gold coast were horrific I don't even think we played well.
Most of the game was played along the wings and bombed forward but GC put up no fight.
What a shock that we scored more without chubby and Sparrow in the team and Viney stood up.

Hopefully Howes gets a look in for the rising star nomination for the week (given Tholstrup will be eligible next year).

Viney obviously immense, Langdon brought his own footy and nice to see 3 tall forwards actually combining for goals (the 10 goals they kicked between them today is 10 more than last week).

Kozzy had one of those invisible days, half of his possessions came about 3 seconds apart at the start of the 4th.

Great to see Judd get his first goal and everyone get around him.

Bizarrely we aren't eliminated from playing finals at the moment. I mean it'll be done by the end of the early game tomorrow but still kinda funny.

Feeling torn whether i want us to get a higher pick or end Collingwood's finals hopes more...honestly it's more the latter.

The team has given Goodwin some breathing space . Our last match is against a pies team with something to play for. The Suns VFL team looked more impressive than their senior team . Still doesn’t mean the rumbles are closer to being addressed. Pert and his Mission Statement answers aside , the team at least played for each other against a surprisingly poor Suns up there . Who they pick for the Pies game will show if Goodwin is trying to move forward or just covering his arse .

Sad thing is we can only dream of moving the ball like this now.

Garland goes back behind the mark and waits for Gawn and 2 other talls to get into position on the wing nowadays.. 100%

Really annoys me that the Suns will highly likely be picking ahead of us in the draft now with all the help they already get. ****ing campaigners.
They're just an absolute waste of space, nobody would notice if they disappeared

I don't want to be negative, but I noticed on social media a picture of Turner, Petty and JVR kicking 10 between them. Yes it was great but it's nothing to get excited for, bar JVR, Turner and Petty are not in our future forward line. With may and McDonald and tomlinson on the way out, they'll have to back. Also cringe factor, 'ooh we have three talls and they kick good.' ( Amazon women futurama voice)

I don't want to be negative, but I noticed on social media a picture of Turner, Petty and JVR kicking 10 between them. Yes it was great but it's nothing to get excited for, bar JVR, Turner and Petty are not in our future forward line. With may and McDonald and tomlinson on the way out, they'll have to back. Also cringe factor, 'ooh we have three talls and they kick good.' ( Amazon women futurama voice)
Yeah people get too excited easily. Like when Petty kicked a bag last year and suddenly he was our forward saviour, only to be completely useless all this year as a forward. I'm not getting sucked in at all.

Yeah the 'all under 24' bit was a bit cringe too – Petty's kicked nine goals for the season playing full-time KPF 😂

I reckon Disco might have a future though. Keen to see how he looks after a full preseason training as a forward (if that's the way they go, and hopefully with some competent coaching). Athletic, decent goal sense and kicks it well – has the attitude needed from a KPF too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only watched the highlights but Disco looked good, always liked him as a player so happy to see him put in a nice performance.. . however completely agree with mrmonkey though. The veil wearer inside me imagines the damage yesterday's game did. Goody thinking hes on the right track and it was just injuries, Goody thinking the forward line is actually in good order with Petty and Turner now, this was their first year as full time forwards and they will only be better next year, Viney will be given a 2 or 3 year extension, and as mentioned the pick, some campaigner we could really use will go at pick 5 or 6.

Last edited:
That game was more about responding to a shithouse week, was won on emotion. Only real lesson to be learned is that Oliver should have been put into surgery months ago.

Also that footy is a lot more fun when we score.
Players looked like they were having fun out there, hadn't seen smiles like yesterday in ****ing ages.

Put a smile on your face guys. Enjoy the win. Bloody good to win up there. Has any team managed to beat them up there this season? Not sure there has. Great to keep the streak going against that plastic club.

Who cares if it drops us a position in the draft. People talking like the world's about to end lol. We kicked 100pts. Forwardline looked up and about. Midfield beat a pretty handy group of players. Goody wasn't getting sacked regardless. Wins like this are good for the group. Was great to see ANB singing the song loud and proud too. Disco took a step. We saw McVee in the midfield for a bit. Winning culture is good culture and it's what the Cats, Hawks and Swans have and I don't see any of those clubs tanking for picks.

Draft is pretty even. JT will work his magic with whatever he gets. I just can't see how 1 or 2 spots in the draft is a massive L. Yesterday's game was fun. 117pts with some real positives to take out of it. Reviews are still gonna happen and we'll likely get pumped by Pies next week. But enjoy this one. Btw, was so good to see Viney go beast mode.

Yeah the 'all under 24' bit was a bit cringe too – Petty's kicked nine goals for the season playing full-time KPF 😂

I reckon Disco might have a future though. Keen to see how he looks after a full preseason training as a forward (if that's the way they go, and hopefully with some competent coaching). Athletic, decent goal sense and kicks it well – has the attitude needed from a KPF too.
I caught some of the Pert interview yesterday, bragged about how good our younger players were coming along, but admitted they've played more games than expected because of injuries. Can't blame Trac for not being happy with the direction when it sounds like Simon wants to continue with the same old shit.

Put a smile on your face guys. Enjoy the win. Bloody good to win up there. Has any team managed to beat them up there this season? Not sure there has. Great to keep the streak going against that plastic club.

Who cares if it drops us a position in the draft. People talking like the world's about to end lol. We kicked 100pts. Forwardline looked up and about. Midfield beat a pretty handy group of players. Goody wasn't getting sacked regardless. Wins like this are good for the group. Was great to see ANB singing the song loud and proud too. Disco took a step. We saw McVee in the midfield for a bit. Winning culture is good culture and it's what the Cats, Hawks and Swans have and I don't see any of those clubs tanking for picks.

Draft is pretty even. JT will work his magic with whatever he gets. I just can't see how 1 or 2 spots in the draft is a massive L. Yesterday's game was fun. 117pts with some real positives to take out of it. Reviews are still gonna happen and we'll likely get pumped by Pies next week. But enjoy this one. Btw, was so good to see Viney go beast mode.
I enjoyed the win and it was the perfect way to respond after the last week. Club still needs an external review and sort out the issues with Trac.

Disco did look sharp up forward. For a bloke with limited exposure there he's been solid and taken his chances really well.
Shits me our talls still don't lead at the ball much. Too much trying to cheat back which a better set defence gobbles up easy.
Something to work with though.

I enjoyed the win and it was the perfect way to respond after the last week. Club still needs an external review and sort out the issues with Trac.
Agreed. I think it's a win the club and fans needed.. And the players too. Pretty confident the Pies will smash us next week. So we'll end on a bad note which gives a full review some legs. Not worried about the draft at all. It's a lottery anyway, and JT can pluck them from anywhere.

Disco did look sharp up forward. For a bloke with limited exposure there he's been solid and taken his chances really well.
Shits me our talls still don't lead at the ball much. Too much trying to cheat back which a better set defence gobbles up easy.
Something to work with though.
Get a proper forward coach and there's something to work with in the F50 I reckon.

I caught some of the Pert interview yesterday, bragged about how good our younger players were coming along, but admitted they've played more games than expected because of injuries. Can't blame Trac for not being happy with the direction when it sounds like Simon wants to continue with the same old shit.
Which players have even played more than we thought they would? Howes? We dont have a locked in 6th defender anyway

Windsor? Playing VFL aint gonna help him he needs to get up to AFL speed

Tholstrup? Sure I guess so but most of our guys have sucked playing his role anyway

Then its like Woey and Brown playing 3 games? Wow so impressive

Disco did play well but I still dont see him as a long term forward, far more suited to playing back. He played the deeper role more often which gave him more opportunity but it pushed Fritsch up the ground who was pretty meh so Id say whats the point?
Just dont see a 10 year forward myself but I do think he could go down back and help Lever

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Suns - Good Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back