Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - It's Never Too Soon edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this makes it look more and more likely that we will get Waterman for cheap.

I watched a fair few highlights videos last night and Aidan Anderson really impressed me. He played what looked like a HFF/small forward role for WA at the U/18 Champs and kicked a few goals. Looks a talented player with footy smarts. Most phantoms have him going around our third. He's playing seniors for Swan Districts and has a real eye for goal. Would quite happily pick him up as a future goalkicking mid.

Jack Cripps looks really raw, but can take a mark. His kicking isnt great, but I put that down to still trying to figure his body out. He could really develop into a good fwd/ruck - I would look at him for a third/fourth. Most phantoms have him around the third round and beyond. If we picked him up now he could be a good project for us.

Eastern Rangers I'd be really interested in your thoughts on Anderson.

Last edited:

I wonder if there is anyone else at Hawthorn that Simpson might be planning to bring across. Hopefully, there's a borderline midfielder that gets overlooked for selection in the upcoming finals series. Can anyone think of someone that meets that criteria?
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/hawks-trade-table.1075336/

I was having a look at this earlier - it mentions our interest in Lowden. Hallahan is mentioned there, along with Suckling. Otherwise Im not sure of someone who meets that criteria.

I wonder if there is anyone else at Hawthorn that Simpson might be planning to bring across. Hopefully, there's a borderline midfielder that gets overlooked for selection in the upcoming finals series. Can anyone think of someone that meets that criteria?
Jed Anderson comes to mind... Had injury concerns and haven't seen enough of him to make any insightful comments.

Would get him on the cheap. Not sure there are many other mids on the Hawks list that we could get across?

EDIT: Wanganeen or Duryea could also work, although, one would be free, the other would cost.

Last edited:

Josh Kennedy? :/ lol

Whitecross
Cheney
Stratton
Anderson
Hallahan
Woodward
Hartung
Sicily

Just a real skim of the list and these are the medium type players that are relatively in and out of the team, some more than others.

Not sure we need Lowden, unless Sinclair wants out. And even then, he would leave to play regular AFL games, and he'd be behind Lycett and NicNat here.
Agreed. He's at that stage of wanting to play regular football in an AFL 22. We won't give that to him so the trade wouldnt really give him what he wants.

Josh Kennedy? :/ lol

Whitecross
Cheney
Stratton
Anderson
Hallahan
Woodward
Hartung
Sicily

Just a real skim of the list and these are the medium type players that are relatively in and out of the team, some more than others.

Can't see Hartung or Sicily leaving considering they've only had one year. Woodward's injury prone. Whitecross is a great player when fit but is also injury prone. Stratton would be great as he can play on bigs and smalls as a defender. If we pick ourselves up a talented but injury prone Hawk for cheap and it works out like the Ellis situation then we'll be laughing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll be drafting Waterman.
I would be pissed if we could take him with a third round pick and didn't though. Simpson has been saying he wants strength over the ball and hard to shift players in the contest and Alec is exactly that. See him being similar to Brent Moloney down the track.

Shiels from Hawthorn ,.............. too expensive but would be handy .

Adam Simpson saying they will go to the draft anyway .

Shiels is another middling midfield talent. Plays his best as a run with midfielder. Has mediocre kicking and limited hurt factor - which we have enough of.

WCE have not been showing their cards in regards to if they will draft Waterman like a few other clubs have with their F/S players. I mean why would they? They will want to get him as cheap as possible and that is a smart thing to do. If Waterman has a massive finals series with Claremont this year he might get noticed more.

Menadue and Duggan would be good gets if they make it to our second pick. Menadue is similar to Yeo, currently HB but with the midfield in his future. Great athlete and size as well as good skills and marking ability. Very raw.

Normally quite a few Falcons players I like, but not as many this year. Saw Maishman play for Geelong College v Materas team and he's a running machine/ball magnet who I wouldn't mind later in the draft or RD.

I would be pissed if we could take him with a third round pick and didn't though. Simpson has been saying he wants strength over the ball and hard to shift players in the contest and Alec is exactly that. See him being similar to Brent Moloney down the track.
what a retired Bne hack with no career of not
another bullet we dodged

WCE have not been showing their cards in regards to if they will draft Waterman like a few other clubs have with their F/S players. I mean why would they? They will want to get him as cheap as possible and that is a smart thing to do. If Waterman has a massive finals series with Claremont this year he might get noticed more.
and if he doesn't - why would we want him?

and if he doesn't - why would we want him?

Because he had a massive finals series last year in the colts as an under-age player

The lad can play from what I saw in last year's GF. He has priced himself out from playing WAFL seniors, he is sitting off some fourth quarters and he is being played away from the middle at times.

Personally, I smell a rat. Which is great IMO.

what a retired Bne hack with no career of not
another bullet we dodged
His best was good. Very good stoppage player, penetrating kick and could win the ball well. His body let him down.

I know you think anyone on here who rates him highly is just biased, but I have seen him play and if he goes to another club I'll still being saying that I rate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back