Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ebert sought a trade due to lack of opportunities/midfield game-time at WC rather than homesickness. We otherwise have had a good record with retaining the SA players we've drafted i.e. Hurn, Waters, Butler, Lycett (so far).

If he just wanted game time he wouldn't have specifically asked to go to Port.. There was obviously always a hold on him from there.

Dude, unsure whether your tongue is in your cheek re: Goodes but O'Brien's reaction was completely rational and so easy to understand and justify. He was on the right side of that scenario and I think he should've/could've gone after Eddie harder had he wanted to.

He might be holier than thou and an average AFL footballer but at least he makes an effort to be genuinely engaged in the world around him; much more than can be said for a Dusty Martin or Jason Akermanis.
Haha, it was Just a bit of a joke, I reckon his reaction was a little over the top but this isn't the place to go into that.
I'd love to hear his stance on gay marriage and climate change :confused: I couldn't really give a shit about his views on the world, although I will agree he is not as much of a flog as dusty or aka!

Do not want Harry o, apart from his questionable disposal, has he even been that good in the last few years? Actually, I don't even care, he is a massive tosser! Do you guys really want to hear him spouting his holier than thou bullshit all the time, and how he talks to the Dalai Lama, oh and don't forget, he is dealing with some stuff, some real stuff, he witnessed a murder you know. He also doesn't enjoy a good Adam goodes ape joke, no sense of humour :D

Agree with it all, except the step over the racist line at the end...

Haha, it was Just a bit of a joke, I reckon his reaction was a little over the top but this isn't the place to go into that.
I'd love to hear his stance on gay marriage and climate change :confused: I couldn't really give a shit about his views on the world, although I will agree he is not as much of a flog as dusty or aka!

A kid (at least interllectually) and a guy that dare speak and be different from the norm. Both cop more heat than they should, especially Aka.

If he just wanted game time he wouldn't have specifically asked to go to Port.. There was obviously always a hold on him from there.

My point was he wouldn't have left WC if he had been given more opportunity or the prospect of more opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm ok with Ellis, he could be useful midfielder depth (also injury prone, but you never know) and an upgrade on some players on the list. However I'd still like live 3 picks in the psd so if we do get him more cuts please.

Disagree, he would be on equal level with all of them. wouldn't say his his better. Ellis would just be adding to that list. Throw in Morton too.

Ellis has proven he can be int he best 3 on the ground. I'd say the players I listed, plus Morton have never been in the best 3 in an AFL game. If Ellis can stay injury free he'd be a handy addition

Ellis has proven he can be int he best 3 on the ground. I'd say the players I listed, plus Morton have never been in the best 3 in an AFL game. If Ellis can stay injury free he'd be a handy addition
If he doesn't cost anything then it's not much to lose anyhow,

Freo look likely to trade pick 33 for Gumbleton.

Would mean Yeo to us for pick 41 or PSD.

Biggest question over Ellis is his body. If he can get on the park he'd be a useful addition, but he's barely been able to in the past three years (combined total of 34 games at any level) and there was talk earlier in the year he was going to give it away.

Biggest question over Ellis is his body. If he can get on the park he'd be a useful addition, but he's barely been able to in the past three years (combined total of 34 games at any level) and there was talk earlier in the year he was going to give it away.

This is the main concern for me. His durability isn't likely to magically improve. As long as he comes across in FA and isn't on much coin, then fair enough. We can afford the list spot if we dump another spud or two.

I'd be happy to have him, very talented. You would have to think that Simpson would know plenty about him so if we do get him then obviously Simmo has confidence that he will hold up.

4 WAY TRADE SUGGESTION:

WCE - GAIN Yeo and Pick 62, LOSE Picks 40 & 58

FREO - GAIN Gumby and Pick 59, LOSE Picks 33 & 69

BRI - GAIN Picks 33 & 69, LOSE Yeo & Pick 59

ESS - GAIN Pick 40 & 58, LOSE Gumby & Pick 62

A solid return for all which allows all parties time to do it and look for bigger bounties in the next few days.

Get it done!

Second round pick for Gumbelton is overs.. wouldn't be surprised if Fremantle got him in the PSD.

Also not sure why they would even want to give up there second rounder for Yeo? he would be depth in there midfield and If I was them id much rather use the pick on a tall (as speculative as they apparently are in this draft..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back