Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd still be pretty keen to use 3 picks in the draft. Would be ideal if we could trade out a player to improve our 3rd pick though (which would be round 4 assuming we use our 3rd rounder on Yeo).

Ins:
Draft- pick 6, pick 24, pick 60 (again, would like to upgrade this via a trade if possible)
Trades- Yeo (42), Ellis (FA)
Upgrades- Bennell, Tunbridge, McGovern

Outs:
Embley, Nicoski, Selwood, Hams, Dick

meaning we would need 3 more outs...
Kerr - retirement
Newman - delist and use rookie pick on
Delist one of Dalziell, Morton, Wilson OR trade out a player to get a upgrade on our list pick (again ideal)... wouldn't oppose trading out rosa for a pick in the 30s.

Then we still have two picks in the RD + Newman.

Would be rather pleased with this outcome.

Starting to think/hope those rumours are nonsense. Fingers crossed his knee comes up from his op :thumbsu:

Ellis has proven he can be int he best 3 on the ground. I'd say the players I listed, plus Morton have never been in the best 3 in an AFL game. If Ellis can stay injury free he'd be a handy addition
Cale Morton - Career Brownlow votes = 4
Xavier Ellis - Career Brownlow votes = 1

All votes for both players came in 2008.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cale Morton - Career Brownlow votes = 4
Xavier Ellis - Career Brownlow votes = 1

All votes for both players came in 2008.

Sure but the difference between Mortons best and his worst is huge and over his last three seasons at Melbourne it was generally poor form with few excuses. Ellis on the other hand has proven he can be an effective role player in a decent side over a number of years.

Assuming he wasn't on massive money Ellis would be a solid addiction to a squad that lacks depth.

Starting to think/hope those rumours are nonsense. Fingers crossed his knee comes up from his op :thumbsu:

Why? for some last hoorah?

If he's contemplating retirement and a chronic degenerative knee injury is the reason then the best thing he can do is retire. Better than him playing on, stringing a few games together before bowing out and not playing another game for us.

Sure but the difference between Mortons best and his worst is huge and over his last three seasons at Melbourne it was generally poor form with few excuses. Ellis on the other hand has proven he can be an effective role player in a decent side over a number of years.
That's not really relevant to the post I was responding to though.

If he said Ellis was more consistent, it would be difficult to disagree. He's talking purely about their peak capabilities (top 3 on the field). I don't think there's evidence to support Ellis having been better in this regard let alone the implication he has been better by some margin.

optimistically, just the fact we now have Simpson, we should all maybe put our handbrakes on re caining our various least favoured players....Simpson may get more out of some ...less from others. Spose we gotta give everyone one last chance...then end of 2014 cull the deadwood.

But then again.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back