Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slightly concerning point - has anyone considered the extra second rounder is for Bootsma?

That'd be terrible.

Been worried about that when I heard the Pies deal was done.
Didn't Vozzo say West Coast were keen, but they needed to appease Carlton?

Been worried about that when I heard the Pies deal was done.
Didn't Vozzo say West Coast were keen, but they needed to appease Carlton?
Of course we're keen, for a 4th rounder. We won't be trading our second rounder for him. So, we won't be able to appease Carlton.

Apparently recorded...
20m sprint 2.94 sec
Agility 8.28 sec
Repeat sprint 21.51 sec
...earlier in the year, which would have been good for equal 7th, 8th and 1st at the combine respectively.

Certainly has a bit of toe.

Where did those stats come from??? I'd believe it, I watched all of the U-18 championship on fox. Everyone is seriously underrating this guy. I agree with the Pendles comparison, I'm not sure about the 2.94 figure, Cyril Rioli runs a 2.92 though Sheed wouldn't be far off. But that being said you dont need ex amount of pace when you have footy smarts. He his a natural, everything he touches turns to gold and his attack on the footy is incredible, does not take a backward step, apart from his vocal leadership that kind of physicality also sets the example on field, we need a bit more toughness in our squad. Did anyone see the bloke he went shoulder to shoulder with to break his collarbone? He was huge!
It's almost inevitable he will be selected at pick 11, so speculate all you want lads.
I would love Acres as well, maybe just maybe he might drop to 28, but with Yeo's soon to be acquisition cant see it happening. If not I would think they will look to Cripps as an option at 28 if available. And the 3rd round we might look to a small forward in Bourne or will they back Newman or Bennell to play that role? But hey it's all wishful thinking and we all know WCE recruiters can lay down some shocking surprises.

I think you guys would be mad to pass Sheed. It happens every year one or two of the best prospects get picked apart and people start looking for things wrong with them. He reminds me a lot of Dom Tyson, little bit shorter but same kind of player. He will be a great player and a great leader.

Isn't Tsitas a bit vanilla? Small midfielder with average athletic ability at best, certainly has clean hands and can obviously find the football. Does he project highly?

This kid is exactly the type we need. Not Vanilla at all, Ive watched his games, HE STANDS OUT.
Hes clever around packs, very good foot skills both sides of the body, I like that hes not a skinny kid,
big bodied with in & under skills, moves a bit like Dwanyne Lamb used to, thick through the hips, I only hope hes still there at 28 But I seriously doubt it.

This kid is exactly the type we need. Not Vanilla at all, Ive watched his games, HE STANDS OUT.
Hes clever around packs, very good foot skills both sides of the body, I like that hes not a skinny kid,
big bodied with in & under skills, moves a bit like Dwanyne Lamb used to, thick through the hips, I only hope hes still there at 28 But I seriously doubt it.

Should check out Petracca then:
76a3735.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think he will be there either. I'd be pissed if he was and we passed, prefer him over cripps.

Didn't he miss all of the Champs?

4 games and Larke Medalist, 28+ touches in all, . Quality, pure gun. His last against Vic country sublime.
His aggressive, wins his own ball in and out, kicks goals lining up, outside 50 on the run and he is local and a really good bloke who has come from a tough background.
WTF is with all the haters? Obviously your heads are to far up your own arse you cant even smell your own shit.

Well the "go home" factor has been biting us in the bum lately (Ebert, Stevens) so I can understand why the club is mainly showing interest in local talent.

Unless you have better examples than that you are completely wrong.

Ebert was a rather unique case and Stevens left because he wasn't getting a game.

4 games and Larke Medalist, 28+ touches in all, . Quality, pure gun. His last against Vic country sublime.
His aggressive, wins his own ball in and out, kicks goals lining up, outside 50 on the run and he is local and a really good bloke who has come from a tough background.
WTF is with all the haters? Obviously your heads are to far up your own arse you cant even smell your own shit.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about Acres because the post you were responding to was clearly about Acres.

Oh wow - way to leave out Whitfield, Coniglio, Swallow, Bennell, Murphy, Hawkins and Hasleby.

And you are happy that Acres isn't like Embley? Do you know how good Embley was?
He won a freaking Norm Smith!

Sure, just alluding to the fact that Larke Medal is no guarantee.

Chill bud.

We just need other types more than Embley types.

For every player of quality who has gone home, there are surely about 6 who have stayed. About half of our top 22 are from interstate if my memory serves me correctly.
No thats freo. We have about 6 or 7 in our best 22. Shuey, Selwoods, gaff waters butler, smith, rosa. Lately we have been drafting mainly west aussies. Glad we didnt draft Polec instead of Gaff.

Maybe that is why freo play better over east than us because most of their squad are from over there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back