Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like it'll Pick #31 based on many reports I've seen. At least it better be! Or else a riot will likely ensue, or at the very least a West Coast Board meltdown on Bigfooty...

And here's a conspiracy...
West Coast recruiters actually want to be left with one of there 'bracket of players' so that if the player they select isn't as good as the others, the recruiting staff won't be held responsible for a crap decision because they didn't have the opportunity to draft the other players in the first place ;)

With the mass exodus of players wanting back to their home states this off season I have a sneaking suspicion Sheed will be there at 11.

Except the majority of them want out of Brisbane, who don't really have the option of selecting Queensland boys.

Kerry was 175 and 80 kls , did it stop him?
Watch him play, he is worth the risk.

I don't think there is much risk. I think there is a lack of upside compared to someone like Cripps who had a similar quality championship. Kerr was an absolute dynamo, few players like him.

We've got lots of sub 185cm midfielders already and more coming in 2014/15 as both Waterman and Matera are around 180cm and 80kg.

It makes sense more generally if our recruiters think there's little difference between the 6th-15th ranked kids but a big drop-off after the top 30. Even if we didn't get Yeo (or left him for the PSD), it gives us a third crack at the top 30 (or 31) for what is a negligible loss at the top end.

Draft starts dropping off before 30. Starts dropping of pretty steep after 20-25. And last time i checked 31 >30 and therefore 31 is not a top 30 pick. Its pretty obvious that we pushed for pick 31 so we could on trade it for yeo. And since we did the trade before we had confirmation from brisbane that 31 was good enough i would definitely say that was a pretty incompetent move on our part.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think there is much risk. I think there is a lack of upside compared to someone like Cripps who had a similar quality championship. Kerr was an absolute dynamo, few players like him.

We've got lots of sub 185cm midfielders already and more coming in 2014/15 as both Waterman and Matera are around 180cm and 80kg.
OK , so if were targeting an inside midfielder who will still be left at pick 11 & 31......
If you think Sheed or Acres will we still be available , pass the pipe because those drugs must be really good.

It's more that the media jump onto it every offseason that sparks the paranoia. Stevens may have pussied out and Ebert's circumstances were unusual, but E87 is right in that we haven't really suffered from it. Our retention rate is reasonable.
Collingwood has lost way more players than we have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back